What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This great club needs a reality check in front office

Sharkforever

Juniors
As a season ticket holder and after watching all of our games closely this year , I find it hard to be critical of Brett Kimmorley . Let me just say that I was never a fan until he came to our club . He tried his guts out every game and simply he is a player who's got it all in the bag of tricks along with Andrew Johns . I want to know when does the time come for some of those dinasours on the board put their hand up for the decisions they've made ??? Let's remember , this is the board who decided a premiership winning coach (Chris Anderson) wasn't good enough for the place because they couldn't get along with him despite the fact the players wanted him there . If you want culture change then it must start at the front office in any organisation. If the players we have aren't good enough to win a comp then who's responsible for having them here in the first place. Wake up Sharkies Fans . A poorly run front office cannot produce a winning team on the paddock.:crazy:

The Popper

Bench
Sharkforever said:
As a season ticket holder and after watching all of our games closely this year , I find it hard to be critical of Brett Kimmorley . Let me just say that I was never a fan until he came to our club . He tried his guts out every game and simply he is a player who's got it all in the bag of tricks along with Andrew Johns . I want to know when does the time come for some of those dinasours on the board put their hand up for the decisions they've made ??? Let's remember , this is the board who decided a premiership winning coach (Chris Anderson) wasn't good enough for the place because they couldn't get along with him despite the fact the players wanted him there . If you want culture change then it must start at the front office in any organisation. If the players we have aren't good enough to win a comp then who's responsible for having them here in the first place. Wake up Sharkies Fans . A poorly run front office cannot produce a winning team on the paddock.:crazy:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Right on, SF. I came on this board today to post something else, but won't bother now. Read this. Couldn't agree more. Too many people attacking the symptoms and ignoring the cause. You've said it all. :clap:

Thomo.

First Grade
people today in society are more hungry for wanting satisfaction and results. slowly the culture of sharks fans are starting sway that way

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Nice use of Font, nice use of bold & the annoying icon on the end was just a treat. Great first post. Congratulations.

Thomo.

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
Nice use of Font, nice use of bold & the annoying icon on the end was just a treat. Great first post. Congratulations.

your a smart ass :)

Alan Shore

First Grade
The players wanted Anderson? Perhaps you should ask Dean Treister, Nick Graham, Preston Campbell, Chris McKenna and who else. Being respected by Don Tweddle just isn't credible :lol:

beekershark

Bench
Very true Sharksforever, Everyone in the NRL and the greater sporting community in general know the sharks front office and upstairs have not performed up to acceptable levels, everyone of course except themselves.

carcharias

Immortal
I could try my guts out for the Sharks ..and I would.
Doesn't mean I'd deserve to keep my spot.

I went to watch Preston play PL at Henson park while Noddy and Ando destroyed our club.

Dally M half back of the year to a bloke suffering from depression.

Yep Ando and Noddy was a tops idea....

I fuggen cheered my guts out when Penrith won the GF.

Roosters are "NUTS" oh the irony...

sharkisland

Juniors
Couldn't agree with you more sharksforever, and i think a lot of other sharks fans are finally seeing what you are saying too. This year has finally brought these issue to many peoples attention

Boldo

Juniors
The Preston Campbell problem was not because of Kimmorley. The problem was Matt Johns. No Matt Johns... then Campbell plays 5/8 in 2002 and he would never have left.

I don't think Anderson was in the position that he could have picked Campbell at 5/8 and not Johns. Johns was a prize recruit.

3 into 2 doesn't go.

Campbell isn't that good anyway.

Since 73

First Grade
Welcome SF, good post.
True, Good management is the key to success, but I just couldn't get past this....

I find it hard to be critical of Brett Kimmorley .... He tried his guts out every game and simply he is a player who's got it all in the bag of tricks along with Andrew Johns .

I could speak for an hour on that but these 2 player's years could be summed upin one game last week.
Johns team was down and gone - completely ouplayed and tackled out of the game.
He instrumented 3 tries to get players over the line in the second half. They are playing this weekend.
We went from equal second to third last because our halfback simply CANNOT get blokes over the line despite any number of sets of 6. Bk is watching on TV this weekend.

Inferno

Coach
Boldo said:
The Preston Campbell problem was not because of Kimmorley. The problem was Matt Johns. No Matt Johns... then Campbell plays 5/8 in 2002 and he would never have left.

I don't think Anderson was in the position that he could have picked Campbell at 5/8 and not Johns. Johns was a prize recruit.

3 into 2 doesn't go.

Campbell isn't that good anyway.

Agreed since he moved on he's only won a premiership.

What have the other 2 achieved since then?

zeppelin

Juniors
Whilst coaches and players certainly shoulder much of the blame, i think the debacle of the past few years is a direct result of an incompetent board.

I hope all the members wake up and vote these clowns out before its too late, if it isnt already.

The Popper

Bench
zeppelin said:
I hope all the members wake up and vote these clowns out before its too late, if it isnt already.
They've insulated themselves with an extended term of office, Zepp. No doubt hoping for some type of turnaround (as are we all) before they have to face the members again. I just hope our team can improve but our new purchases do not overly inspire me with confidence.
But back to admin. It strikes me that we couldn't be in a bigger mess if we had tried. Let's hope things work out OK. If not, I may have to fly to Hollywood with a shovel to dig up Larry, Curley and Moe to run for the Board. Throw in Heckle and Jeckle and the Katzenjammer Kids and we should have a Board that could really rival our great and mighty leaders. :shock:
Ooops! Sorry. I forgot Shemp. :oops:

Quigs

Immortal
The Popper said:
They've insulated themselves with an extended term of office, Zepp. No doubt hoping for some type of turnaround (as are we all) before they have to face the members again. I just hope our team can improve but our new purchases do not overly inspire me with confidence.
But back to admin. It strikes me that we couldn't be in a bigger mess if we had tried. Let's hope things work out OK. If not, I may have to fly to Hollywood with a shovel to dig up Larry, Curley and Moe to run for the Board. Throw in Heckle and Jeckle and the Katzenjammer Kids and we should have a Board that could really rival our great and mighty leaders. :shock:
Ooops! Sorry. I forgot Shemp. :oops:

And Laurel and Hardy, and Bud and Abbott.

Cheers
Declared Idiot#88
Quigs