What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is a serious side.

Drag Queen

Bench
Looking over the teams we have left to play the Storm will be the hardest game. However, if we keep the same team I think we can beat them.
I hope so but as latter posts have said, teams are gaining momentum. Watch the Raiders yesterday and as soon as Hodgson came back from injury they amped up tenfold. Huge score which would have been bigger given the poor ref and bunker reads. My hubs did a Sticky and left the room after some diabolical calls.

st penguin

Juniors
We’re right up there this year.

But I said it before a ball was kicked this season and I’ll say it again. I still have concerns with our back 5.

Teams like the Storm, Roosters and Bumnies will still likely expose us in must win games with their fire power out wide.

As much as I’d love to say we’ll win the comp this year, I just don’t think Dufty, Nene, Nighty, Aitken and Lafai is a premiership winning back line.

I hope I’m wrong.

My thoughts exactly - the backline is a worry. More specifically, the centre pairing of Lafai and Aitken - they're just not getting enough service to their wingers.

Fine, Aitken started the season well but he keeps getting the ball out to the winger far too late.

Notice that Mann's try was scored from a cut-out pass??

giboz71

First Grade
Looking over the teams we have left to play the Storm will be the hardest game. However, if we keep the same team I think we can beat them.

I thought both teams will be depleted by Origin 3? We’ll likely have 5 out and so will they.

Makes it hard to pick.

Dracarys

Juniors
We were the May premiers while Souffs are the June premiers (apparently). It's good to drop below the radar esp. when managing to win a few. I feel media hype does effect players and all the talking up of the Rabbitohs is fine by me. Maybe Raiders will be the July premiers?

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I feel media hype does effect players and all the talking up of the Rabbitohs is fine by me.

images

blacksafake

First Grade
I hope so but as latter posts have said, teams are gaining momentum. Watch the Raiders yesterday and as soon as Hodgson came back from injury they amped up tenfold. Huge score which would have been bigger given the poor ref and bunker reads. My hubs did a Sticky and left the room after some diabolical calls.
Did he kick the chair like Sticky?

silverex

Bench
I thought both teams will be depleted by Origin 3? We’ll likely have 5 out and so will they.

Makes it hard to pick.

This is correct.

Will the players we lose have a bigger impact than the players they lose? It will be hard to pick.

Anyway, the missus and I will be down there to cheer the boys on, as long as we can stop shivering!

giboz71

First Grade
This is correct.

Will the players we lose have a bigger impact than the players they lose? It will be hard to pick.

Anyway, the missus and I will be down there to cheer the boys on, as long as we can stop shivering!

Storm will lose Slater, Munster, Chambers, Addo Carr and Kaufusi. Possibly Glasby?

We will lose Hunt, Vaughan, JDB, Friz. Does Tariq play for us if he’s not in the 17?

I still think we win.

ouryears

Bench
[QUOTE="Crush, post: 12964530, member]
Its pathetic.
Until we beat Roosters and Storm AGAIN there is nothing to see here. 1st after 15 weeks and still dribbling out the same old rubbish that we are no chance.
I tell you what, it has been a bad weekend for old ouryears. His beloved Penrith absolutely copped a hiding and the dragons who he expected to struggle against Manly put them to the sword.
Poor ouryears, always next week.

The year is enjoyable as there are many turns and twists
Teams that previously looked more invincible than vulnerable have come back to the field and teams like us look less vulnerable and able to match it with anyone on a given day
The lead into the semis is the really critical time and those coaches who can find ways to elevate team performance under pressure will IMO prove to be the difference.
Ni doubt we have a good roster and playing better (at the moment) than in previous years but I still have an eye looking over a shoulder watching a brewing Storm and will watch with interest how we weather it.[/QUOTE]
So it is true you can't read.

My tip WAS DRAGONS by plus 24. Spot on!!

Were you? Ha ha ha

And if you can't acknowledge the Panthers are having a good go at it even with 7-8 of their players out injured, you are ignorant.

A Dragon's supporter acknowledges another team is having a real dig under difficult circumstances and you jump up and down like a 2 year old.

Instead of looking at them to help improve what we might do.

Old timer = narrow minded.

Now back on ignore for you!

ouryears

Bench
Teams that previously looked more invincible than vulnerable have come back to the field and teams like us look less vulnerable and able to match it with anyone on a given day
The lead into the semis is the really critical time and those coaches who can find ways to elevate team performance under pressure will IMO prove to be the difference.
Ni doubt we have a good roster and playing better (at the moment) than in previous years but I still have an eye looking over a shoulder watching a brewing Storm and will watch with interest how we weather it.

ouryears

Bench
Hey Guys
I'm just as surprised as the next guy with our initial success.
We all know rugby league - and its a long, long brutal season.
My pessimism has been turned, but I BullSh*t you not, we will have injuries (maybe a bad one)
We will have players on rep duty and we will also have players suspended.
Please, sure enjoy this optimism, and the slight summer breeze up your skirt.
but keep our feet on the ground -this is not 2010, this is 2018 - There is a bunch of other clubs who have other things in mind

Exactly!

Frank Facer

First Grade
Ni doubt we have a good roster and playing better (at the moment) than in previous years but I still have an eye looking over a shoulder watching a brewing Storm and will watch with interest how we weather it.

You said those coaches who can find ways to elevate the team's performance under pressure will IMO prove to be the difference. I would put the ball more in the players court and say that those players who can elevate the teams performance under pressure will prove to be the difference. Players such as Hunt, Widdop, Dufty, DeBelin, Frizell, Sims, Graham, Vaughn and McInnes are the ones I am looking to elevate our teams performance. Games are won on the field, Mary has no control of what happens when the game kicks off, the players do.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
I am relatively happy at this stage.
But I'm also cautious not to get too over excited, as we all have been burnt many times by incompetence and a refusal to learn from past mistakes (Both Price and McGregor).

Defence worries me a lot, despite the statistics and huge effort so far this year.

My concern centres around our defence structure, this up and stop at 5m and plant our feet. Also we are spread too much accross the field.

This was evident v Manly for one try where Wright threw a dummy and we were stuck in the mud. In the big games this will be the difference and it has happened too many times and our brilliant coaching staff don't even know it is a problem.