What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is it

Since 73

First Grade
Okay it's arrived.

After way too many years with the anchor as halfback we now go into our first game against him.

This game's for bragging rights.
Some sharkies will feel justified if he engineers a win for the Dogs - others can gloat when he plies his same useless stock and trade and we roll them.

Personally I've had the s**ts every weekend we've gone into with him at 7.
Always thought the other side must be looking forward to the ease of shutting him down.

Well here we are.
Shutting down Noddy's game.

Sticky knows his game inside and out.
He has the scars from the wall at Parra to remind him.

What will his instructions to Gal and the boys be?
  • Let him kick it. Don't rush him and risk giving away a penalty. Kicks don't threaten anyway.
  • When he runs to the line number up on the closest runner. Noddy ain't gonna take the hit. He will pass it flat to the nearest poor merkin he can. Smash these runners and pretty soon he'll be out of enthusiastic runners.
  • Mitch Brown - Noddy will try to lead kick returns at full pace. Very easy to step.
  • Run at him from the first tackle till the last. When he goes high - as he will - drop to the turf quicker than the bride's knickers.
  • Compress the defence because he doesn't use his flanks.

Surely

Post Whore
It all sounds good in theory, but we didn't finish equal first last year because we had a crap half.

Since 73

First Grade
Surely:
It all sounds good in theory, but we didn't finish equal first last year because we had a crap half.

Surely you can't be serious.

We came equal first because we can tackle better than anybody else.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Okay it's arrived.

After way too many years with the anchor as halfback we now go into our first game against him.

This game's for bragging rights.
Some sharkies will feel justified if he engineers a win for the Dogs - others can gloat when he plies his same useless stock and trade and we roll them.

Personally I've had the s**ts every weekend we've gone into with him at 7.
Always thought the other side must be looking forward to the ease of shutting him down.

Well here we are.
Shutting down Noddy's game.

Sticky knows his game inside and out.
He has the scars from the wall at Parra to remind him.

What will his instructions to Gal and the boys be?
  • Let him kick it. Don't rush him and risk giving away a penalty. Kicks don't threaten anyway.
  • When he runs to the line number up on the closest runner. Noddy ain't gonna take the hit. He will pass it flat to the nearest poor merkin he can. Smash these runners and pretty soon he'll be out of enthusiastic runners.
  • Mitch Brown - Noddy will try to lead kick returns at full pace. Very easy to step.
  • Run at him from the first tackle till the last. When he goes high - as he will - drop to the turf quicker than the bride's knickers.
  • Compress the defence because he doesn't use his flanks.

This is the save face game for a few posters in here.

I thought he played ok last year, reason being a decent no6

Eion

First Grade
I've got a good feeling about this one. I predict we break our 2009 18 point record and win 22 - 10.

Quigs

Immortal
Whoever wins, one thing for sure, it should be a great pissup afterwards.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

newman

First Grade
Watch Kimmordinary play his annual blinder on Sunday.
All you have to do is fend him and he cant tackle.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
All you have to know is why the dogs bought him. In the search for high goals, one must take little steps.
Kimmorley is one of those little steps.
The dogs hope to finish mid table this year. They bought the best half back in the business to acheive that.
Average personified.

carcharias

Immortal
I for one am pretty glad that big freak is not playing...in saying that though they have a few good players.
Eastwood worries me.

Quigs

Immortal
Isn't that the thing that Indiana Jones went off chasing after the Nazi's simony-ed the Holy Spirit?

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Latest posts