What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is Silly

angelus

Juniors
In the latest Q+A about the game, a Sidhe rep announced that the best five players in the game were Jones, Johns, Fittler, Orford and Gower. Where is Lockyer? In most peoples eyes, he challenges Johns for best player in the world. Disappointing indeed, especially that obviously half-backs make up the best in the game.

Mario

Juniors
As has been stated before, Lockyer is in the top 10.

This ranking was based on the raw addition of all player stats. Given that some stats are more useful than others (and Lockyer's acceleration and agility are right towards the top for example) its not necessarily a true reflection of what players are tactically more useful in the game.

In other words, Lockyer is one of the best players in the game and it is pointless complaining about it until you see how he actually plays.

Superhemi

Juniors
Correct me if i'm wrong mario, but when you say that Jones, Johns, Fittler, Orford and Gower are the best players in the game, you just mean that they have the highest overall number of skill points assigned to them, right?

Assuming that is correct, i don't know what anyone is complaining about.

Of course those players are going to have a higher number of overall skill points because they are all brilliant kickers, as well as being excellent in most of the other areas such as agility, acceleration, passing etc.

Sure Lockyer is a good kicker, but he isn't in the same league as those five.

He will no doubt be the best fullback in the game, but because he lacks the outstanding kicking and passing game of a Johns or Jones, overall he will have a slightly less skill points given to him, because he won't be assigned as many kicking and passing skill points. As Mario said, this won't make him any less effective in the game, because he will rate extremely highly in the areas important for a fullback.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I believe if Gower isn't in the top 5 he is definately in the top 10, he is so under-rated i feel sorry for him. He deserves Kangaroo tour spot this year and even deserved a bench spot for NSW. Hope the selectors don't disagree as they did with Wesser when QLD didn't select him! :cry:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
But Johns has no where near the same amount of acceleration, speed or tackle breaking skill and these are attributes aren't they? In the other attributes does he match up or do you not take into account the fact that he was injured recently.

angelus

Juniors
Ben Galea maybe, but anyway Tigers wouldn't have a player in the top 15, hence the non-selection in any rep teams.