What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This weeks team

tumblingdice

Juniors
I can hear the Manly fans laughing at us already for our bench selection.:crazy:
Just so glad none of my mates are Manly fans

Tigerm

First Grade
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/9926215/foran-admits-tension-with-tigers/

Manly linchpin Kieran Foran admits tension between the Sea Eagles and the Wests Tigers has simmered in recent seasons as the fierce NRL rivals prepare for battle on Friday night.
A feisty clash at Gosford's Bluetongue Stadium in round 20 last year set the tone for this week's rematch at the same venue.
But re-emerging reports about an equally fiery pre-season charity cricket match have reignited a feud that is reminiscent of the fibros-silvertails days of the 1970s.
"I'm not too sure where it started," Foran told reporters on Wednesday.
"I think it's escalated over the last couple of years just in previous matches.
"I know our boys look forward to coming up against them and I'm sure they do with us."
Last year Manly enforcer Steve Matai was sin-binned in an ill-tempered clash for a shot on Tigers captain Robbie Farah.
Sea Eagles players claimed Farah had taken a dive, a claim Farah laughed off.
"I think that's kind of egged it on a little bit, that incident last year," Foran said.
"I'm sure Matai will want to get one back on him.
"It's just going to be a great game."
Officials expect a massive crowd, with the seventh-placed Tigers desperate to cling to their spot in the top eight and second-placed Manly equally keen to challenge for a second chance come finals time.
A reminder of the strained relationship between the two sides came with Rugby League Week reporting there was a fiery cricket match played before the season kicked off.
The Tigers reportedly refused to attend a post-match function after Manly roped in several A-grade cricketers.
Farah declared he would be looking for revenge when his side took on the Sea Eagles, the report said.
"I don't know if there was ill-feeling in the cricket match," Manly prop Brent Kite said.
"It was good of them to come over.
"It's definitely a friendly rivalry but it has produced a couple of good games of footy in recent times."
An insight into Manly's hard-headed approach could be found as they invited the media to a head-shaving in aid of the Little M Foundation - which supports children with the movement control disability Secondary Dystonia - in their team meeting room.
On the wall was posted a quote from Sydney Roosters coach Brian Smith, whose side take on the Sea Eagles again in round 22.
"They come to work hard, and they bend everybody," Smith said after the Roosters' 27-16 round two loss.
"They bend themselves - they bend their backs and work hard - they bend the rules, they bend the referees, they bend us. And they bent us right over today.
"They just play hard. They play any way they can to win, which is a good, hard professional attitude to have."
Kite said coach Des Hasler might have forgotten to take the quote down.
"You talk about your brand of footy," Kite said.
"It's nice to hear things like that from a respected guy like Brian, only in a positive sort of way.
"If we're doing some of those things that were quoted, we're sort of going OK as a team."

If we only win one more game this season, I hope it is against these pricks.

Mader45

Juniors
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/9926215/foran-admits-tension-with-tigers/ If we only win one more game this season, I hope it is against these pricks.

I'm expecting one of those games where the final score is in Manly's favour 30-20 and it doesn't look like we were that bad based on the scoreline. But the score is 30-4 up to the 72nd minute until Manly switches off for a bit allowing Benji, Fulton and Moltzen to put soft tries on that mean bugger all except for our F/A.

Kind of like the Dragons game where we only lost by 6 points....But were never really in it.

super_coach

First Grade
I hate Manly but I like their style of football, hard as nails. The old style pound and pound a team than "put em away when their down". They have attitude, and Iam afraid our team attitude is a hit or miss things, meaning it comes and goes like the wind.
What can you say about our team selections, the bench is abysmal once again, we needed four hard defensive players on the bench just to hold things together for long periods of time. Really Mckinnon offers nothing off the bench and is probably a smokey, but Mitch Brown is either in the 13 our back at Bret we need that position for another hard forward and Fulton becomes your coverage for the backline.

Anyway with Tom Shines, you have to expect these selections and the results that follow

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I hate to say it, but the Tigers could learn a lot from Manly. I respect the sides that have discipline and play a hard, structured game week in week out. This year it's Melbourne & Manly.

super_coach

First Grade
Most teams have good players in the positions that count, what Manly have is some really good goers who make up the numbers on minimal contracts. They are the players that are worth their weight in gold

macnaz

Staff member
Most teams have good players in the positions that count, what Manly have is some really good goers who make up the numbers on minimal contracts. They are the players that are worth their weight in gold

And they have coach that can turn a budget side into a great team, wished our coach was even half as good.

macnaz

Staff member
Does anyone know of a sports beating agency that would take a wager on there being a stoush in a NRL game ?

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised if wade starts and moltz is on the bench.

Agreed, why would anyone have a crock (McKinnon) as a bench player, and apart from being a crock he really only covers for one position being fb, what odds Lote is a late inclusion????? Surely no-one is that unlucky and have 3 different injuries in a row......surely

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Agreed, why would anyone have a crock (McKinnon) as a bench player, and apart from being a crock he really only covers for one position being fb, what odds Lote is a late inclusion????? Surely no-one is that unlucky and have 3 different injuries in a row......surely

Peter Sterling's Late Mail: Wade McKinnon has been ruled out with a rib injury. Matt Groat will come into the 17.

macnaz

Staff member
f**k channel.9 . Wtf happened with the scrum penalty?:( Lui And Moltzen can both f**k off , they are both a pair of cats .

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
f**k channel.9 . Wtf happened with the scrum penalty?:( Lui And Moltzen can both f**k off , they are both a pair of cats .

Couldn't agree more. Moltzen is always 2 or 3 meters out of position and against good teams that is all it takes. As for Lui, well he is playing as he has all year ie with no shoulders

Latest posts