What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This weeks team

macnaz

Staff member
Great games to Ellis, Gibbsand Galloway who i thought all stood out and the rest of the pack played well also. Improved game from Farah altho he made another stupid mistake at a crucial part of the game that could have been very costly. Benji was Benji, some mad stuff that didnt work but some that did :) . Woods was hot and cold and is still off the 1st grade pace and standard at times as was Groat, but im sure they will take a bit out of that match for next time. Lawrence is getting better and stronger by the week ,Beu Ryan did some good things, I hate watching Moltzen at fullback :( , lastly The refs sucked and let Manly f**k around in the ruck in defence and also when they were attacking...nothing new with them i guess And im over WattMong being able to milk penaties so easily.

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Is this year going to be like last year? Play like rubbish in the middle of the season & then get it together near the end? The forwards were very good tonight and Ellis was outstanding. He wouldn't have been out of place in the great Tiger forward pack of the mid-late 1980s. Particularly in the second half I saw a lot of good direct running that opened up the Manly defensive gaps.

Lawrence & Ayshford impressed in the backs & Utai was solid. The worst player was Moltzen & I was disgusted by his attitude. At least six times I saw him get the ball from a Manly kick where he could have run the ball back and made at least 10 meters and possibly even made a line break. Instead, every single time, he crabbed 10 to 20 meters across field to throw the ball to one of the other backs who then took the tackle, at least ten meters back from where the Tigers should have been playing the ball. A couple of times he threw quite dubious balls to them that could have been intercepted or resulted in a knock on. To think he's wearing the same number as Gary Jack...

Tigerm

Coach
Great games to Ellis, Gibbsand Galloway who i thought all stood out and the rest of the pack played well also. Improved game from Farah altho he made another stupid mistake at a crucial part of the game that could have been very costly. Benji was Benji, some mad stuff that didnt work but some that did :) . Woods was hot and cold and is still off the 1st grade pace and standard at times as was Groat, but im sure they will take a bit out of that match for next time. Lawrence is getting better and stronger by the week ,Beu Ryan did some good things, I hate watching Moltzen at fullback :( , lastly The refs sucked and let Manly f**k around in the ruck in defence and also when they were attacking...nothing new with them i guess And im over WattMong being able to milk penaties so easily.
I am still struggling with there first try? For me, forward?
But I rather beat those merkins cheating, than losing honestly:lol:
I am in a good place tonight.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Good to see George Rose get some tonight, that grub tends to pick his mark and one of our forwards put him on the sideline for a while.

Woods learnt a valuable lesson tonight...lets hope he never makes that mistake again in the top grade.

wade77

Juniors
Moltzen is the biggest fkn pussy, he will lose us an important game with his cowardice this season. Piss him of to the Dragons now.

macnaz

Staff member
Why did they get a penalty from the first scrum ?? Channel nine went to an ad break and we missed it .

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Moltzen is the biggest fkn pussy, he will lose us an important game with his cowardice this season. Piss him of to the Dragons now.

Tigers v Saints: Tim Moltzen, Beau Ryan, Blake Ayshford, Chris Lawrence, Matt Utai, Benji Marshall, Robert Lui, Bryce Gibbs, Robbie Farah (c), Keith Galloway, Liam Fulton, Gareth Ellis, Chris Heighington. Interchange (from): Wade McKinnon (WTF???), Todd Payten, Mitch Brown, Aaron Woods, Matt Groat

tumblingdice

Juniors
same bench caper as last week?! WTF does it take soooooo long to name our team, when nothing is changing. Its just annoying, or maybe ive just got nothing else to look forward to during the day lol.:p

macnaz

Staff member
What does everyone think of including Payten? he has been a great stalwart for the club but watching him now clearly shows his injuries have gotten the better of him, it looks like an effort for him to even get to his feet now.

b.bear

Juniors
Tigers v Saints: Tim Moltzen, Beau Ryan, Blake Ayshford, Chris Lawrence, Matt Utai, Benji Marshall, Robert Lui, Bryce Gibbs, Robbie Farah (c), Keith Galloway, Liam Fulton, Gareth Ellis, Chris Heighington. Interchange (from): Wade McKinnon (WTF???), Todd Payten, Mitch Brown, Aaron Woods, Matt Groat

Exactly ,what the hell is goin' on ,surely he cant be serious.......

Tigerm

Coach
What does everyone think of including Payten? he has been a great stalwart for the club but watching him now clearly shows his injuries have gotten the better of him, it looks like an effort for him to even get to his feet now.
Agree, he should have retired, but I think the Dwyer issue may have forced his/there a hand a bit, do we have anyone else?
What about Flannagan?

Weird, strange, odd ](*,)](*,)](*,)
Last week Brown got a run for Balmain Ryde, so at least he got game time but to name McKinnon :crazy:maybe it's just that, a name, lets hope so.

And who got Balmain Ryde's 'man of the match' last Saturday? another fullback by the name of Mullaney, the guy who is not
the biggest fkn pussy
I'd go as far as to say that with Jake in the team for the rest of the year instead of McKinnon and Moltzen we would be better off.

It's not going to happen though.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Dont mind the selected side except for McKinnon & Payten on the bench. Both unfortunately are in the twilight of their careers and succombing to injury way too much. Why not take the opportunity to blood some younger guys who will be there next year, and probably this year too, since the odds are on McKinnon and Payten collecting an injury before the whislte starts the game.

westie

Bench
Why the f**k would they blood a young guy when they're finally ramping up for a charge at the premiership.

Payten has barely played in a year, give him a chance to get some fitness going on.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Why the f**k would they blood a young guy when they're finally ramping up for a charge at the premiership.

Payten has barely played in a year, give him a chance to get some fitness going on.

Exactly my point- he may have the skills, experiecne etc but his reliability is gone. He may play another game or two but I just cannot see his body standing up to the demands of NRL footy. I hope I'm wrong with Payten and he can play on to the end of season but I've this huge doubt. Look at his record this year. Its not good. His body is giving out. Fully fit and capable he'd be the first picked in the forwards.

Tigerm

Coach
TBH, I'd rather have a fit McKinnon or Brown at FB than Moltzen, for this one.
Brown seems to be on the outer now, anyone know why?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
TBH, I'd rather have a fit McKinnon or Brown at FB than Moltzen, for this one.
Brown seems to be on the outer now, anyone know why?

Cant be his football. Thats consistent and solid enough. I'd say just one of the players recruited as a filler, never given a real chance nor accepted as one of the in crowd (in this case, by the head coach). I'm sure he will depart at seasons end for a chance somewhere else.

super_coach

First Grade
As Sheens only uses his back on the bench for the last minute and is giving old Todd just a few minutes ( thats all the old warrior can handle at present) we are really down to a two man bench and thats MADNESS

I can see what Sheens is doing with payten, trying to get him up or close to the standard required by the time the semi finals come around but it is also a big risk

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k I wish Utai could catch. He'd make a gun fullback the way he runs the ball back

macnaz

Staff member
Would it be fair to say wingers seem to take more high balls than FB's these days ? in which case Utai would maybe be less targeted playing at the back.