What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This years WARL Comp

Perth Red

Post Whore
With Nth Beach and Sth Perth now dealing with the loss of their best players to the Reds I can see the comp this year being very even. Whilst maybe not as good quailty as previous years there will be a new intensity for play off spots due to the closeness of all the teams.

Whose going to be favourites? A lot will dpepend on where the Reds Reserve players get posted to I suppose?

Nuke

Staff member
All players are already assigned to WARL clubs and should be training once a week with their WARL clubs.

I don't think there'll be massive changes to those teams. Yes, their top few players will be with the WA Reds more often than not, but regarding the Reds reserves players, they'll be playing for their WARL clubs when they're not in the WA Reds squad.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
South Perth will still be competitive i can see the top 4 lookin something like this

Joondalup
Rockingham
South Perth
North Beach

Goldthorpe

Bench
joondalup_giant said:
South Perth will still be competitive i can see the top 4 lookin something like this

Joondalup
Rockingham
South Perth
North Beach
How unusual!

Goldthorpe

Bench
I see there is no WARL tab under League Unlimited > Competitions. But there is a VRL tab.

Any reason?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Goldthorpe said:
I see there is no WARL tab under League Unlimited > Competitions. But there is a VRL tab.

Any reason?

Cos nobody cares about us in the West!:(

joondalup_giant

Staff member
steve mortimer does, did any1 else hear what he said on fox sports news about the future of the game and the fact were called "National" rugby league, so we need teams in south australia & western australia!

Goldthorpe

Bench
joondalup_giant said:
steve mortimer does, did any1 else hear what he said on fox sports news about the future of the game and the fact were called "National" rugby league, so we need teams in south australia & western australia!
The only problem with that is he mention South Australia first :?

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Goldthorpe said:
The only problem with that is he mention South Australia first :?

prolly rolls off the toungue better, what have they got goin 4 them that we dont? JBC side??? no

Goldthorpe

Bench
joondalup_giant said:
prolly rolls off the toungue better, what have they got goin 4 them that we dont? JBC side??? no
Or probably he was geographically going from East to West.

The Rams had a lot going for them, they had Noel Goldthorpe playing for them. :oops:

Nuke

Staff member
Haha! They actually didn't have too bad a line-up considering they were only 2yrs old when they were cut.
Funniest moment I remember seeing of theirs was in 1998. I forget who they were playing, and who it was who did it (Iro? Walters?), but with only seconds remaining on the clock, the Rams were winning (an unusual position for them to be in at that stage of the game!) and had the ball. The Adelaide player ended up running back and forth across the field, then running backwards just to run the clock out. The crowd was laughing, the commentators were laughing, and eventually the siren went and he got tackled or kicked it out. Funny stuff!

In-goal

Bench
Interesting stuff from mortimer, The NRL could do with further work in both of Australia's Western States.

Goldthorpe

Bench
Unfortunately it doesn’t look like Sport FM 90.5 is going to broadcast the NRL Show [which includes WARL] on Friday afternoons this season. Something to do with a broadcasting license which is disappointing because I enjoyed listening to Sully and Kim on the way home from work.

I take it that no one over here will broadcast 2GB’s feed for Friday Night Football and the Sunday afternoon game.

Are any of the WARL fans going to put their balls on the line and do some predictions for the WARL First Grade competition?

Perth Red

Post Whore
With the change in staff due to Reds I will go for a Joondalup v Sth Perth final!

Having said that, looking at where the Reds players are being located, the majority of them are going to Sths and Nth Beach if they don't make the starting 17 so likely no change and another North Beach v Souths final!

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Perth Red said:
Having said that, looking at where the Reds players are being located, the majority of them are going to Sths and Nth Beach if they don't make the starting 17 so likely no change and another North Beach v Souths final!

thats because the majority of the players come from south perth or north beach.

It's hard 2 predict who will win this years comp with out seeing the other sides play. However i honestly believe we will be in the grand final