What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This years WARL Comp

joondalup_giant

Staff member
the 1st round kicks off on the 26th of april.

however b4 that we have a trial on the 29th of march and the annual ANZAC test (kiwis v City) on the 19th of April

Nuke

Staff member
The final official draw (there are always drafts of the draw before being completely finalised) was handed out to club presidents at their WARL Presidents meeting on Monday night.

I have the last draft of the draw (and they're pretty much always the same as the final confirmed draw). I don't know if I'm allowed to put that all here or not, so I won't.

However, as Joondalup_Giant says, Round 1 kicks off on the 26th April. There's a weekend off for all senior teams on the 12th July (between Rounds 10 & 11), and Round 14 (the final regular season round) is on 9th August. The Finals are on 16th, 23rd, and 30th August, with the Grand Final to be held on 6th September.

b0rt

Juniors
COLTS

unfortunately what should have been a great competition is in danger of collapsing as the Western Warriors (South Perth & Fremantle) are apparently severely struggling for numbers.
Eastern (central/belmonts) are going ok numbers wise, but their coach isnt impressed with the training turnouts.
southern knights (rockingham & willagee) were able to field a team for their trial the other week (lost to eastern/central 28-18) so presumably their numbers are fine.
northern broncos (north beach and joondalup) have quite a large number of players to choose from, and their trainings (at least the 1st one) had a great turnout.

Nuke

Staff member
Yeah, I don't know about the other three teams, but the Northern Broncos have a big squad of players and from what I've been told, certainly look like a very strong team.

Nuke

Staff member
Dunno mate. Smithtown would be the best person to speak to (plus the two co-coaches ... also from Joondalup). I think I heard it's about 50:50 Joondalup:NthBch players, but I'm not sure.

b0rt

Juniors
for broncos its about 10 beach/13 joondalup all up i think
possibility that the western warriors team will be made up predominantly from the U18s state side

joondalup_giant

Staff member
for broncos its about 10 beach/13 joondalup all up i think
possibility that the western warriors team will be made up predominantly from the U18s state side

so players from anywere will be playin in this side then?

b0rt

Juniors
so players from anywere will be playin in this side then?
potentially.
a number of players where unable to train with their colts team due to state training, or otherwise will not be picked (eg may be only 17 this year)
so this solution was bandied around at state training by the players and a number seemed keen
guess we will find out tonight

In-goal

Bench
Obvioulsy this kind of revolution in structure will take some time, we can't run before we start crawling.

b0rt

Juniors
2 colts teams now have their uniforms (ordered in january) and another now has shorts. reds just recieved their away strip last week apparently.
mcmenemy and phipps (i think) are on 94.5 today at 4

b0rt

Juniors
haha i missed it too, had some trouble with the net and all of a sudden it was 4.20. bugger
apparently good turn out at the breakfast but i dunno who the sponsor actually is
expect something on the WARL website in 2 or 3 days i guess

Smithtown

Coach
Back to the Colts - of the 20 players that took the field against the Southern Knights, the breakdown was 13 Joondalup and 7 North Beach.

A 54-10 scoreline means that every player was most impressive, and those that have worked hard behind the scenes are very happy with that outcome.

But all credit goes to a great collection of North Beach & Joondalup lads - especially those who know they will be in 1st grade (therefore they will have limited Colts time) but still wanted to be part of that inaugural Colts team.

Terrific attitude.

b0rt

Juniors
the western warriors also fielded 5 north beach players
and beat the central titans, who were only able to field about 10 people but im not sure of the score