What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thompson for axe

The Dodger

First Grade
Willow said:
Its up to Drake to reply when a 7 post shark's supporter agrees with him.

...and offcourse that's your opinion.

But since when did we conclude that Thompson cost Saints the preliminary final?

Looks like the CWA has suddenly been put in charge of forum gossip.

Did you even watch that game?

sorry buddy. it is my opinion. i didn't say anything to offend anyone, did i?

i never concluded that thompson cost them the peliminary final. im saying it would have been a "great confidence booster" (detect a hint of sarcasm there) to see your team mates have a punch up in the bus on the way to a semi final game. thats all.

and im not sure what you mean by "CWA". after all, i am only a seven post shark supporter(8 now :D ).

and yes i did watch the game. i actually backed the dragons (don't really wanna get involved in this scum/dragqueen pettiness that everyone seems to whinge about).

i still remember trent going over the line in the second half to take them within four points of the tigers,then the amount of drop balls they made after that.

all me mates go on about barretts mistake when he continued to play the ball after being called held, but i strongly believe it was the handling errors the dragons made (even though it was quite stupid of barrett to do that).

but please, don't shoot me for i am only voicing my opinion...

The Dodger

First Grade
Willow said:
But in a professinal club, it should be sorted out at a professional level.

what he said :D

this is why i consider it being a bad sportsman and a team mate. what ever the problem was between thompson and poore, they should have settled it like grown men. not some school kids in a playground sending abreviated text messages to each other. and especially not like some school kids having a fight in the bus on the way to their high school sport.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
DPG said:
i never concluded that thompson cost them the peliminary final. im saying it would have been a "great confidence booster" (detect a hint of sarcasm there) to see your team mates have a punch up in the bus on the way to a semi final game. thats all.
Lets not play games here.
In other words you're of the opinion that this alleged incident influenced Saints in the preliminary final. Stop dancing around.
Looks like you enjoy playing word games.
DPG said:
but please, don't shoot me for i am only voicing my opinion...
lol. the victim. OK, but you guys are really keen to post here.

Look, if you really watched the game, you would have seen there was no lack of effort but the execution was wrong, the timing was out. If Saints won that game, you wouldn't be here.

The rumour mongers go deluxe on the gossip and for some reason, they are always Shark supporters with just few posts under their belts... and keen to play word games.

The same mob scream blue murder whenever anyone offers an 'opinion' in the Sharks forum.
DPG said:
what he said
And you took my quote out of context. :lol:

The Dodger

First Grade
Willow said:
Lets not play games here.
In other words you're of the opinion that this alleged incident influenced Saints in the preliminary final. Stop dancing around.
Looks like you enjoy playing word games.
im not dancing around. im not exactly saying that this is what influenced them to lose. im saying if this was true, then it could be one reason why. and i can't see it just being a rumour anymore. i have been hearing about itf or a while now.
Willow said:
lol. the victim. OK, but you guys are really keen to post here.
well im going to continue to post here, but not for the reason of calling names or laughing at losing teams. i actually show interest in the dragons, and it has entirely nothing to do with this site. my father follows the dragons. we originally lived in kogarah when i was younger, but i didn't really start following footy till i was 11-12, about the same time i moved to the shire.
Willow said:
Look, if you really watched the game, you would have seen there was no lack of effort but the execution was wrong, the timing was out. If Saints won that game, you wouldn't be here.
yes i would... i would be discussing another issue that would have been raised about another game that was played with another team.
Willow said:
The rumour mongers go deluxe on the gossip and for some reason, they are always Shark supporters with just few posts under their belts... and keen to play word games.
well wasnt really thinking about playing word games with you...
Willow said:
The same mob scream blue murder whenever anyone offers an 'opinion' in the Sharks forum.And you took my quote out of context. :lol:
:D i am guilty of that (taking your quote out of context that is)

but i will be happy to listen to your opinions as long as they are not biased towards my team in any way without reason.
Willow said:
alleged incident
now its you who is playing word games:lol:

The Preacher

First Grade
DPG said:
you still haven't explained what CWA means.

The initials stand for Country Womens Assoc. If there isn't gossip there over tea and pumpkin scones, they elect a new executive.

Come to think about it, NOT A BAD IDEA !!!!!

drake

First Grade
My own personal reasons for believing 'unnamed officials' over Thommo are based on things I have heard over the last couple of months. These rumours and reports have coloured my view, but because they are rumours and unquotable conversations, I will not post them, obviously as it is a violation of the rules of these boards.

Suffice to say I was very heartbroken when the sh*t first started with Thommo earlier in the year, and i was fuming when I thought Lance was getting shafted.
Maybe the club has better spin doctors on staff than Mundine and Nasser Khoder, but Lance has not done anything to show me that he has any interest in working with the club.

I think it is admirable that people are standing by Lance, and I have no issue with fans showing loyalty to a bloke that has played hard for our club since he was 17. For a very long time he was one of my favourite players, and the image of him holding out the Red V on his jersey will always stay with me. I know I look like a bandwagon Illawarra supporter, but I was a Saints boy a long time before I knew what an Illawarra was.

Father Ted, you seem to think that Poore should harden up and dry his teary eyes. What about Lance?

As Willow has said, we don't know if Poore has run to the media, so far it is 'unnamed officials'.
We know Lance has run to the media crying foul play. Twice. If he would have gone to the board, Doust, Browny, anyone instead of Danny Weidler, this would have been a rumour on WORL at best.

Willow said:
Do you mean the, "You'll be in reserve grade next week" sledging or the, "I'll be sending around some blokes to disable your missus tonight" sledging?
Nah mate I was always more annoying than that. Imagine getting called a weed and a speedhump by a little bloke 35kg ringing wet. Needless to say a lot of guys lost their concentration through anger, or gales of laughter.

Anyway, I'm gonna get off the soapbox, I'm annoying myself. I've got my opinion, I've voiced it, you guys disagree; fair enough.

I think we can all agree on one thing (except DPG and EA): Saints to win in 2006!

And DPG, I appreciate you agree with me, but you've done me no favours doing so. I don't think a post by me would back you up in the Sharks forum.

The Dodger

First Grade
drake said:
And DPG, I appreciate you agree with me, but you've done me no favours doing so. I don't think a post by me would back you up in the Sharks forum.
wasn't expecting any favours buddy. i was clearly agreeing with your point of view.
The Preacher said:
The initials stand for Country Womens Assoc. If there isn't gossip there over tea and pumpkin scones, they elect a new executive.
Come to think about it, NOT A BAD IDEA !!!!!
:lol: thats actually funny...
drake said:
I think we can all agree on one thing (except DPG and EA): Saints to win in 2006!
Go The Sharks!!!
Like they say, the longer the wait, the longer the celebration.:D

Father Ted

First Grade
DPG wrote .Go The Sharks!!!
Like they say, the longer the wait, the longer the celebration.

MY tip is you'll die of old age first .

Some thoughts On the Thommo affair .
1 We don't actually know in the legal definition of proof that Thommo actually sent any text messages to Poore .
2 We have no idea what was allegedly said or if any threat was made .
3 Yeah I'm sorry but Poore is being portrayed as a bit of a sook at the moment although again he may in reality just be maintaining a dignified silence .
4 If we end up sacking Thommo on the three strikes your out rule then sack Doust because he's way past three .

Dragonheart

Juniors
How quick the true believers become critics.

This whole thing has become a witch hunt, and I'm disgusted. Absolutely NOBODY, apart from Lance, Poore, and the couple of people they have spoken too, actually know the facts.

Whatever the situation I hope it is resolved professionally, and not like 5 year olds in a playground. As for those who believe what they read in some birdcage liner....think about what you are saying.

In 11 seasons at the top there have been only a couple of instances of trouble involving Lance Thompson (whether his doing or not), but all of a sudden people are turning their back on him, because the media says he is the cause of this current situation.

Well said DragonHeart.

The clubs spin doctors put out a few useless portions of information and many fans start dancing to their beat. People know nothing yet they are turning on Thommo like he was in league with the devil. Probably the same types that thought we where in Iraqi gun sights and 45 minutes away from destruction a few short years ago.

borat

Bench
In any workplace when the boss and the employee are refusing to talk to each other its not going to work. Someone has to go and 99 times out of 100 its not going to be the boss.

All of this talk about text messages is just the legal justification to give Lance the a*se and I can't say I blame Doust. If Lance truely wanted to stay at the Dragons he would have been hounding Brownie and Doust to sort this out for the good of the club. How could he think he could just turn up to training next year after all thats happened without clearing the air.

Snorkleburger

Juniors
Dragonheart said:

Absolutely NOBODY, apart from Lance, Poore, and the couple of people they have spoken too, actually know the facts.
I'm one of those people WHO KNOW the facts. Snork , Snork.

I am amazed by all this - Poore played the worst game of his life. I must have watched the wrong preliminary final. This sounds like he was the reason Saints lost the game and NOBODY else played badly i.e. dropped balls etc. Outstanding vision Doust has if that was the game he saw. I saw a totally different disappointing one - where there was a lot of contribution from all the players for the loss.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I was wondering that myself. I don't recall Poore standing out as having a bad game. It brings the article and its sources into question.

I do recall him having a poor game when the two sides met in round 16. It happens when players are off their game, and no one else can be blamed.

The fact is, the team was flat in the prelimnary final. They rallied late in the match but the timing wasn't there. That, and Wests Tigers played well.

The Dodger

First Grade
Willow said:
You were saying?

didn't this "alleged incident" happen over two weeks ago?

and if poore was in the centre of this mess, then why didn't he have a clue about what was going on until he walked through our international airport? (big deal he was in thailand...)

i, like most of you guys, am not exactly happy with my teams management, but im sure the dragons wouldn't have gone to such an ordeal just to sack a player...

Latest posts