What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THORMAN

Utey

Coach
Has no organisational skills and his kicking game is quite poor. Little confidence but was unable to do his best when we continually swichted our halves

booeycollector

Juniors
Good premier league player. He is not the answer to our half back problems and I would say he will be heading home at the end of the year.

Eels Dude

Coach
He's gone alright, but done nothing special though. Hopefully by the end of the year he'll be showing what he's capable of, but if not, back to England my friend.

scottyeel

Bench
I think he has showed real potential and always puts in a real effort though he has never really shined behind a beaten pack of forwards every time he has played.

Kornstar

Coach
Tim Smith made him look ordinary yesterday in P/L, i think Tim could be in first grade by the end of the year if Dykes gets injured!!!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
thorman will kick on once he gets his fitness up to standed.

i thought last week when we lost to the tigers thorman tryed hard,but nothing was comming off for anyone in the side.i think hes got the talent and he will show it soon.........just need a good forward pack to help him out.

Phillips

Referee
Thorman is a great player..still getting used to the NRL style of play though......he's been a better buy then Dykes

warriors

Juniors
well everybody back here expected him to fail miserably so no suprise, he had one good game in the origin and you guys snapped him up.

WA Eel

Juniors
Unfortunately there isn't a real good record of players from the UK making it over here. Conversely, there is a very good record of players nearing the end of their careers or simply didn't cut it doing very well over there.

Eelectrica

Referee
If Thorman stuck with it for a couple of years he would probably succeed. I doubt that either he or Parra would have the patience required though :(

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think that long term Thorman at 5/8 and Tim Smith at 5/8 could be an acceptable combination. I like Thorman, he has the right attitude and isn't afraid to get in there and have a go.

noosa-eel

Juniors
I don' t think he has been given a proper go yet. From what i saw when he did play 1st grade i thought he went ok, but the side is being chopped around every game that there is no consistency with the halves combo.

I did watch quite a few games on pay tv with thorman playing in uk and i liked what i saw, he just has to get into the same groove with these team mates and play 1st grade week in week out and i am sure we will see a different player.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think Thorman was bought as a long-term half prospect. He was probably bought to take the pressure of Michael Witt a bit and maybe go on to bigger things if he was capable. I don't think we'll see him when his contract ends.

Latest posts