What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston gone.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Having done an ACL a long time ago, I cringed seeing JT's injury last night
The Cowboys have actually done all the hard work and have a dream run into the finals
If Thurston is back then you're still in it, if the rest of the boys can pull together and do the job for him
Good luck for the finals and commiserations.
Now is the time for patience and more patience

Billythekid

First Grade
If it's only 4-6 weeks thats great. Honestly when i first saw it i thought he broke his leg.

I just stopped watching for the next few minutes cause i didn't want to see it. I hate leg injuries like that.

Noa

First Grade
Hopefully he's OK, but you seem to be made of sterner stuff this year. Sometimes these things are a blessing in disguise.

Didgi

I just wanted to throw something. f**king f**k.

I think the team will make or lose a lot of fans over the next 4-8 weeks. If they can stand up and all do their jobs, get us a couple of wins until the finals, that'll be brilliant. As long as they put in.

Really, our season isn't over. We've got guys coming back from injury/suspension, adequate replacements in Morgan and Parker-Walshe, and the ability to still f**k shit up. Bring on Newcastle.

Didgi

Gutted for you guys. Injuries to top players is the worst.

Who will go to #7?

The options are

Thompson -- Michael Morgan, Michael Parker-Walshe and Ben Jones.

On experience Morgan to 7, on form it would be Thompson to 7 and MPW to 6.

perverse

Referee
i hope it is just the 6 weeks for you guys. that is time to arrest a slide if one occurs.

i'd be lying out of my arse if i said i wasn't more than a little happy that he won't be in your team this Monday, and i'd probably be telling a fib if i said i'm not happy that we'll potentially get a crack at a higher ladder position if we're good enough, too. HOWEVER, injuries that sickening are tough to watch... and i really feel for Thurston and you guys (the fans). he's been in top form this year. wish you guys well for the next few weeks without him... like other Knights fans i know all too well what it's like for your star half to go down... we lived with it year on year and it was total balls.

people will accuse you of being a one man team, but when you've got the best halfback going around you're dumb if you don't design your shit around them and their gifts. haters gonna hate.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Great news Cows.

Hopefully your young guns can jag a few wins out and allow JT to do the rest.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Thurston has really grown on me this year. I don't know if its the absolute quality of football he has produced or what. I just chuckle at when he picked up the ball and grounded it against the Raiders after the ref had called knock on in a oh thurston you cad way rather than the huge amounts of rage it would conjure up if it had been Braith Anasta or something.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The only way Henry and the boys can approach this is as an opportunity.

For too long we've behaved and been seen as a one man team. The players have believed it and given no reason to opponents that it is not the case. Now is the time to change that culture within the club.

The real strength of the side this year has been our forward pack. They've allowed Thurston plenty of room to move and points have flowed. All energies must now be put into this side of our game, and utilise our great forward pack in dominating sides. It's where tremendous confidence can develop.

I'm with Didgi, bring on the Knights!!

Talanexor

Juniors
The Knights are going to be a tough assignment.

We're without Tate, Tonga, Winterstein, Thurston, Tariq Sims, Bolton and potentially Payne. That's 7 quality players out.

Didgi

Yep, half the team's gone but we still have competition for places at least!

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Dont worry boys grants going great in qld and it's time we give this talented young man the chance he deservers and with any luck we have bani who will bring experience and that x-factor to the team. See guys it's not that bad possibly a blessing.

macnaz

Staff member
If it's only 4-6 weeks thats great. Honestly when i first saw it i thought he broke his leg.

I just stopped watching for the next few minutes cause i didn't want to see it. I hate leg injuries like that.
I remember a young Balmain players leg got bent back like JT's altho a few inches further and he never played Rugby League again :( So knowing Thurston can come back from this injury is great news .

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Feel so sorry for you Cowboys fans..

Don't feel sorry for you anymore after last night! :D

The effort from your 17 last night was outstanding. No Thurston, Sims, Payne and Tate but your depth really stood up.

Heres hoping you get a bumper crowd against the Tigers to support this team with or without Thurston, because after last night they sure do deserve it!

Latest posts