What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket Sales for Friday's game vs Titans: PAX Numbers?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
50k at the SFS??? I was planning on volunteering to let some nice young lady sit on my lap to help fit in the extras. You've just ruined my plan....damn you!!! :lol:

:lol: ;-)

Are you sitting with us mister? Or sitting near us like you usually do? :p

mickdo

Coach
Roshan, generally when people see HJ behind them they start to grip their wallets tightly :lol:

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...ling-fast-for-eels-v-titans-semi/default.aspx

Tickets selling fast for Eels v Titans Semi

NRL Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:42:00

After strong ticket sales over the past three days, fans are encouraged to pre-purchase to this Friday night’s do-or-die Semi Final match between the Parramatta Eels and Gold Coast Titans at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Rugby League fans have again voted with their feet, with over 20,000 tickets pre-sold to the clash, forcing the National Rugby League and the SCG Trust to open up to upper tier of the SFS to public sale this afternoon.

With both teams having an abundance of stars including Campbell, Prince, Rogers and Hayne, Inu, Hindmarsh and Moi Moi the match promise to be a real highlight of the Telstra Premiership Finals Series!

Fans are advised to pre-purchase their tickets and to where possible arrive early to the match to avoid congestion.

Tickets will be available at the venue up until kick off.

Suitman

Post Whore
I hate these type of panic anouncements.

The stadium holds 45000, and not even half are sold just two days before the game.

I seriously think this type of threatening sales pitch does more to turn people away, than it does to encourage them to go and panic buy.
It was clearly in evidence for the Panthers game at Parra Stadium, and THAT wasn't a sell out.
Even the Tigers game at the same venue, I walked up to the ticket gates as a roll up purchaser, and I was the only person in the queue. I have witnesses to confirm this fact.

I am fully convinced that statement like this are released to force people to panic buy.
I'm also sure it forces people to say, "oh f**k it then, I'll sit at home and watch it live, 'cause I might not get a ticket.

It is such a lame marketing attempt to sell tickets.

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach
since when is Inu the star? the guy will be lucky to be in firsts newt year if we keep a similar backline.

Last edited:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Oh yeah sorry, still remember the Inu posts on here, and how he was 'every bit as talented as Hayne' lol

mickdo

Coach
It may hold 40k+, but a fair whack of that is for corporates and members, so 20k sold is still a decent number so far

strider

Post Whore
omg ron - do u have to be such a whiny bitch all the time .... they said jarryd's name first - be happy

ausworm

Juniors
well i got ticket this morning and paid top price 55 + booking fee (sitting on the try line ) , now if i had of waited i would of got better seats. hmmm dose not seem fair . if the nrl wants to get real about getting fans to the game thay should have the whole stadium open from day 1.

SCoops

Juniors
well i got ticket this morning and paid top price 55 + booking fee (sitting on the try line ) , now if i had of waited i would of got better seats. hmmm dose not seem fair . if the nrl wants to get real about getting fans to the game thay should have the whole stadium open from day 1.

This I totally agree with.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
omg ron - do u have to be such a whiny bitch all the time .... they said jarryd's name first - be happy

sorry, but Inu is hardly a star in our side, i'd have Grothe, Burt, Reddy all ahead of him - they're better players, just think some people are stil thinking Inu 2007 not 2009;-)

Angry_eel

First Grade
So it looks like there will be 25000 parra fans and 5 thousand titans fans. Will suck if we lose though.

Latest posts