What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket Sales for Friday's game vs Titans: PAX Numbers?

mickdo

Coach
Two hours before kickoff of the Tigers game, the PAX was only around 20k. Granted, that game had Tigers STH's to add to the numbers, but I still think we are on track for a pretty good crowd.

Gronk

Staff member
A few "fair weather" supporters I know, have said to me that they can't go because SFS would be a nightmare to get to/home from on a Friday night.

84 Baby

Referee
I have a uni exam on Saturday and thought this would have been close to sold out already. But now I see this I may have to just stuff the exam and get my ticket

Jodeci

Bench
Remembering a fair amount of people these days dont have credit cards and due to work committments cant get out to a Ticketek agency.

Hopefully they rock up on Friday Night and buy their tickets at the game

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
So what are we looking at?, I really hope we break 30'000, would be embarrasing if we dont. I was hoping for a sellout.

Allegra

Juniors
50k at the SFS??? I was planning on volunteering to let some nice young lady sit on my lap to help fit in the extras. You've just ruined my plan....damn you!!! :lol:

does that mean the i dont need a ticket? coz were sharing a seat hehe :D

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Tickettek website says that the best avail/best price is in bay 10 on the western side. So Im assuming that the eastern side would be exhausted. Both Eels supporters bays are also exhausted, but nothing else is exhausted.

oldmancraigy

Coach
So what are we looking at?, I really hope we break 30'000, would be embarrasing if we dont. I was hoping for a sellout.

We're probably looking at close to 30k.

I don't think less is embarrassing considering it will be almost completely Eels fans there. Very very little opposition support.

You can throw in a fair number of 'walk ups' to the crowd number - I'd suggest a few thousand there - do the 'freebies' count as pre-sales, or are they only counted when they go through the gate?

Over 25k will feel good at the SFS though :D

it will be embarrasing compared to the crowds the AFL get to thier finals games and Sydney has a bigger population than Melbourne.

The Colonel

Immortal
it will be embarrasing compared to the crowds the AFL get to thier finals games and Sydney has a bigger population than Melbourne.

True. However, we are unfortunately facing a team that doesn't have much of a fan base in Sydney and accdording to this article some of their local fans are saving up and waiting for next week.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/smurfs-true-blue-titans-fans/story-e6freye0-1225776073859

Looking at 30,000, the majority of which will be Eels fans is a decent turn out as the crowd the following week should we get up will be huge - 50,000 plus.

Chad

Juniors

You a right...though Sydney has more entertainment options............. Eels fans need to make the effort and support their team.

SDM

First Grade
You would have to give a sh*t about what Victorians think to be embarrassed.