What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tickets

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
ok, so i have one of those Blue Blood packs.

I missed the membership window for tickets to Dragons v Eels, as I thought that we could buy at any time and get a discount. Seems not.

Then during the Ticketek member window I noticed that they are only selling for Eastern Terrace, and Nothern and South Terraces, and the Eastern tickets were right in the corners. So I thought I'd wait, thinking that the stands might go on sale when the general public seating was made available today.

Ticketek people can give me no info about Western Terrace or the stands. I know that we don't have enough ticketed members to fill those areas so why aren't they on sale?

My guess is the club still haven't sorted everyone's member seats and didn't want to double up, so they aren't on sale yet.

Anyone know what is going on? Why haven't stands and Western Terrace always been on sale?

And what is the point of beinig a member if your window only allows you to buy average seats??

TheParraboy

Staff member
Id like to buy a ticket for rd5 game vs raiders on monday night

Might meet para pete at the game

Binga

Juniors
I'm in the same boat as you. Im coming down from the gold coast for the game and am looking to get some decent seats for me and a few mates, but for some reason they aren't selling these seats yet. Every other game on that weekend has all tickets available for purchase except for this game. I ended getting cheap seats in the northern terrace as i dont wont to miss out on tickets all together since i have already paid for airfares and accomodation, but I'll still wait until the western terrace is available.

Brenno75

Juniors
hey guys, i can't even find a link where to buy the tickets from, can someone help me please?

born an eel

Bench
instead of confusing the issue last week with ANZ they should have sorted this mess out. With no communication from the club it makes us look very unprofessional.

Having the official release of game tickets the first business day after our fan day was very short sighted. I would expect they have memberships to sort out from the fan day and when they are sorted they will release the other areas but would have expected an announcement to non-ticketed members to give them the opportunity to get the best seats outside the ticketed members.

It just seems to me that once they have your money they are no longer interested in you and are too concerned about potential fans not they ones that have already payed money.

mickdo

Coach
instead of confusing the issue last week with ANZ they should have sorted this mess out. With no communication from the club it makes us look very unprofessional.

I don't think the two would have interfered with each other

Having the official release of game tickets the first business day after our fan day was very short sighted. I would expect they have memberships to sort out from the fan day and when they are sorted they will release the other areas but would have expected an announcement to non-ticketed members to give them the opportunity to get the best seats outside the ticketed members.

Yes, that is a little strange

It just seems to me that once they have your money they are no longer interested in you and are too concerned about potential fans not they ones that have already payed money.

I'd say it's more likely that the doubling of our memberships in a year has them swamped right now, combined with all the changes to packages etc

born an eel

Bench
I'd say it's more likely that the doubling of our memberships in a year has them swamped right now, combined with all the changes to packages etc
a little communication letting people, in particular non-ticketed members, know what's happening would help.

Should they hold out for better seats or take what's on offer now?

Suitman

Post Whore
Just spoke to someone who has just bought tickets and it's correct that only north and south terrace tickets are available.
It was confirmed that the Thornett Stand is almost totally sold out to season ticket holders and also was stated that the increased demand for ticketed memberships has delayed the release of Thornett and Cronin tickets, as well as east and west concourses.
The other thing I found a bit strange is that the north and south terraces are general admission, not allocated seating. For a guaranteed sellout, I find that a bit weird.

Suity

SDM

First Grade
Just spoke to someone who has just bought tickets and it's correct that only north and south terrace tickets are available.
It was confirmed that the Thornett Stand is almost totally sold out to season ticket holders and also was stated that the increased demand for ticketed memberships has delayed the release of Thornett and Cronin tickets, as well as east and west concourses.
The other thing I found a bit strange is that the north and south terraces are general admission, not allocated seating. For a guaranteed sellout, I find that a bit weird.

Suity

I have a BGA season ticket, North Terrace and it is GA, so they must just be leaving it GA for all games. But it will be hard to fill the gaps, when the last people are turning up and you cant even see the spare seats.

Suitman

Post Whore
I have a BGA season ticket, North Terrace and it is GA, so they must just be leaving it GA for all games. But it will be hard to fill the gaps, when the last people are turning up and you cant even see the spare seats.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Suity

born an eel

Bench

Suity
so, in reality keeping the game at Parra may have increased the number of STH for the whole season and not just a few extra seats for the one game.

I suppose the increased level of support will best judged in round 5 for a monday night against the raiders.

born an eel

Bench
the last "sellout" against the panthers had a lot of spare seats in both the north and south terraces, whether it was STH who never showed or regional member allowances I do not know.

It just seemed strange to see people walking away and may 1000 seats or more being unoccupied.

Suitman

Post Whore
the last "sellout" against the panthers had a lot of spare seats in both the north and south terraces, whether it was STH who never showed or regional member allowances I do not know.

It just seemed strange to see people walking away and may 1000 seats or more being unoccupied.

Yes, we were around 1000 under capacity that night, even though it was advertised as a sellout.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
so, in reality keeping the game at Parra may have increased the number of STH for the whole season and not just a few extra seats for the one game.

I suppose the increased level of support will best judged in round 5 for a monday night against the raiders.

Correct.
Although I still stand by the fact we are locking many 1000's of "potential" season ticket holders out of the game at Parra.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal

Particuarly, I remember seeing lots of empty seats on the southern terrace that day. The talk about needing to move games so we dont turn people away seems a bit hollow, when, for whatever reasons a sell out at Parramatta results in empty seats. Hopefully, we wont see a repeat of that in round 1.

Yeah it's a bit of a mess. Still haven't got my Season tix yet.

I renewed on the 1st of October when Membership renewals became available, but I only received my Membership Cards last Wednesday. Well after many other fans I was in contact with had received theirs.

I have been told and I gave this information out from the Merchandise Van on Saturday Night, that Membership cards for the Cronin Stand and the Blue and Gold army, are still being printed, indeed they have run out of blanks and are expecting more, Tickets should arrive at the latest on the 9th of March as per the E-mail from the club dated the 26th of February.

As to tickets, yeah the Thornett Stand is gone, To the 20 metre lines of the Cronin is gone. I looked at the seating map about 3 weeks ago and the only bays left in the Thornett were right at the ends. Indeed someone bought a Platinum membership and was allocated in Bay 2.

Normally Season Ticket allocation for the first home game of the year finishes about 2 weeks out, and if you by a season pass, you get a ticket, but not necessarily your season ticket seat. You should get the same seating class.

They do have people working 12 hour days and more to process all the memberships, but there have been some hicups along the way.

If you are trying to get a "Good Seat" for this game, I think you will find all the members have the good seats and bought them well in advance.