What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers announce two new signings for 2009

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Wests Tigers is pleased to announce the signing of Wigan Warriors utility Mark Flanagan and Penrith forward Junior Moors for 2010.
Englishman Flanagan can play half, five-eighth and lock and will fill the utility role left vacant by John Morris. Wests Tigers have an option on his services for 2011.
“Mark is a raw talent. There is plenty of improvement in him and hopefully under Tim Sheens, we can bring that out,’’ said Wests Tigers Recruitment Manager Warren McDonnell.
“He is a tough no-nonsense player with a strong work ethic.”
Twenty-two-year-old Flanagan made his first grade for Wigan this year after joining the Warriors in 2007 from Bradford Bulls. A goal-kicker, Flanagan played against the Australian Schoolboys in 2006.
His father, Terry, represented Great Britain four times between 1983 and 1984.
Moors heads to Concord Oval looking for a fresh start after an injury ravaged season in 2009.
A second-rower/prop, 23-year-old Moors played 24 first grade games for the Panthers.Wests Tigers have an option on his services for 2011.
“Junior is a former Australian schoolboys forward who was struck down with a broken ankle in Penrith’s first trial game this year,’’ said McDonnell.
“He didn’t start playing again until half way through the season. Junior is looking forward to working under Tim Sheens and will push hard for a first grade front row position.’’

~~~~~

WOO TWO FRING FIRST GRADERS, ONE FROM PENRITH TO CONTINUE THE TREND.

AND WAIT, BOTH BACKROWERS, AND ONE PLANNING TO MAKE THE CONVERSION TO THE FRONT ROW...HOORAY!!!

Flapper

First Grade
Well at least Junior Moors played some front row with Penrith, it's not totally a backrow conversion. He just isn't that good in my opinion.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Sheens must really despise front rowers- then again his mantra is for the fast flowing game more favourable to backrowers than props. Results prove otherwise for Sheens vision against reality but WT board accept it so I dont care anymore.

Anyone notice the WT website is changing the playing roster on display? Gone are Morris, Halatau & Gallant but Tagive is still there for some reason at present. No new faces yet...............

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Silly query but with Morris & Halatau gone who do WT have on the roster to replace Farah if he gets injured or can get back into the rep squads?

simmo1

First Grade
Anyone seen much of Flanagan's goalkicking? Does he kick above 75%? With better goalkicking this year, we would have probably been pushing the Top 4.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Neither of those two players are hookers......

I dont mind about Flanagan / Moors, I was raising the question of WT backup for Farah. As far as I can tell there is no-one in the main squad either existing or incoming players now that can play hooker if Farah is unavailable. Morris & Halatau filled that role last few seasons. Not many openings left in main squad.........

lsta5838

Juniors
Moors is a monster. I wish he had applied himself more/gotten on better with the coach at Penrith. I have a feeling Daniela and Moors will be very good for you next year.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Moors is a sh*thouse fringe firstgrader.

Moi Moi is a monster.

Daniella is a sh*thouse fringe firstgrader.

Greg Inglis is a monster

innsaneink

Referee
Anyone seen much of Flanagan's goalkicking? Does he kick above 75%? With better goalkicking this year, we would have probably been pushing the Top 4.

logo.gif

We only get the one ESL game over here per week, no reserve grade as far as i'm aware.

logo.gif

Flapper

First Grade
You never know with the English just because of lack of exposure, but he has decent enough wraps on him as far as I've read. Moors would want to be focused if he even makes our squad, because he needs to improve big time from what I've seen from him.

nomarg

logo.gif

We only get the one ESL game over here per week, no reserve grade as far as i'm aware.

logo.gif

To be fair he has played the last 7 first grade games after being ravaged with injury-

Moors is a decent signing as long as we didn't pay overs for him...

Greg Inglis a monster...... f**k The What...

innsaneink

Referee
To be fair he has played the last 7 first grade games after being ravaged with injury-

Moors is a decent signing as long as we didn't pay overs for him...

Greg Inglis a monster...... f**k The What...
I'm keeping an open mind about the both of them, hopefully they both perform well, my dig is aimed at recruitment - not the players themselves.

super_coach

First Grade
Its all about depth and thats why we came up short this year. The only problem will Sheens use these players. In the past he has been very reluctant to use his fringe players, and usually try to re shuffle his team with the tried and trusted. This tactic has blown up in his face more often than not.

Both players will add depth and thats what kill us every year

nomarg

I'm keeping an open mind about the both of them, hopefully they both perform well, my dig is aimed at recruitment - not the players themselves.

agreed our recruitment sucks, on the law of averages on of these guys has gotta perform....

Flanagan, Brown, Daneilla, Moors....

Clearly Tim has the theory that if you grab as many "up and commers" (aka not wanted elsewhere) as you can then sooner or later you'll uncover a gem.....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moors wtf?

Hope he cost less than 90k.

Good for depth in reggies I guess.

N.C.

Juniors
So now how are we looking for 2010? Confirmed roster would be:

Experienced NRL starters (12): Farah, Marshall, Ellis, Lawrence, Galloway, Heighington, Payten, Gibbs, Moltzen, Tuiaki, Ryan, Ayshford.

Benchies and fringe players (4): Brown, Daniella, Moors, Dwyer.

Untried in the NRL (3): Lazarus, Flanagan, Taumata.

That's 19 players. Who am I missing? Any of the other under 20's signed last year still on the books for 2010?

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Both Shirnacks, Lui and I think Aaron Woods were signed to NRL contracts / extended. I also think Mataka was, but am not 100% sure.