What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Ceo @ 4.30 2sm Today . 3.1.09

macnaz

Staff member
Well for those who didnt hapen to listen in i can say you didnt miss much.
just a quick summary
* John Scando will not be 25th man and will not play NRL..maybe a magpie run.
* Benji going to Japan , its an off season deal and nothing concrete has been shown by the Jap RL
* Salary cap and no 25th player yada yada yada.. well he was saying stuff about it without actually saying anything at all.
* The league legends game and tigers V Rabbits ( historic return to Redfern will not be telivised or replayed anywhere. Bla Bla Bla ask souths why

Last edited:

alien

Referee
I thought the rule was every NRL team needed to have a squad of 25 players?

macnaz

Staff member
I thought the rule was every NRL team needed to have a squad of 25 players?
Yep thats true, but he elaborate on who etc.

OOOH !!! One more bit of sh*t he went on about was that moving to SFS was well received by all of the fans, exept a small few from Campletown.

bullsh*t.......... They are so out of touch

Last edited by a moderator:

gallagher

Juniors
Yep thats true, but he elaborate on who etc.

OOOH !!! One more bit of sh*t he went on about was that moving to SFS was well received by all of the fans, exept a small few from Campletown.

bullsh*t.......... They are so out of touch

Have you done some research on the supporters reaction?

Last edited by a moderator:

macnaz

Staff member
Have you done some research on the supporters reaction?
Well only feedback from friends and supporters i have met, and most arent impressed at all. Even if its accepted 50-50(WHICH IT ISNT) that is hardly what you would say as well supported!
Please tell me what your feelings are about moving to SFS .?

Last edited:

Vicious

Bench
I don`t think the move to the SFS has much merit to it, but at the end of the day, if the team is playing well and winning games, people will go to the games no matter where they are played.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Maybe this is a long term undertaking by WT management and Teflon & Co to negate the traditional home and away troubles- the home ground "advantage" is dulled and the players have to lift / perform for every game and not be helped by a vocal home crowd- hey presto- WT & Teflon have broken ground with another magnificent insight into developing the WT game plan.

But to be serious for a second- maybe the NSWRL should look at developing only 3 or 4 grounds in Sydney to a high standard and the Sydney based clubs just share them- so literally there may be no specific home ground any more. There is a huge issue over the cost of adequate ground standards.

gallagher

Juniors
Well only feedback from friends and supporters i have met, and most arent impressed at all. Even if its accepted 50-50(WHICH IT ISNT) that is hardly what you would say as well supported!
Please tell me what your feelings are about moving to SFS .?

I like it. World class facilities but not cavernous like Homebush. I think it appeals to both fans and sponsors.
The club would be better off marketing itself as a Sydney club rather than a specific area of Sydney.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Love the change. Easier to get to, better facilities, better view and atmosphere, really no negatives. A small minority whinging about the travel, but really, at worst for those out west it's an extra 10 minutes on a train. HTFU babies.

gordsy

Juniors
Love the change. Easier to get to, better facilities, better view and atmosphere, really no negatives. A small minority whinging about the travel, but really, at worst for those out west it's an extra 10 minutes on a train. HTFU babies.

Depends where you are traveling from, doesn't it genius :roll:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Not really, no. When you take into account the change-over at Lidcombe, all up it would probably be an extra 10 minutes travelling each way. Big woop.

In fact, having planned the trip using cityrail.com's handy "trip planner" tool, the travel time for each journey is as follows (I've used next Saturday 14 February, journey start time 12pm for both):

Campbelltown station to Olympic Park: 1 hour 12 minutes

Results here

Campbelltown station to Central station: 1 hour 17 minutes OR 59 minutes

Results here

Obviously the results would probably vary depending on the time, day, planned trackwork, other unforseen factors but the bottom line is that the need for two trains (Olympic Park) negates the extra distance travelling to Central. People might then bitch about the walk from Central, but as I said, all up you might have a total journey time of an additional 10 minutes. Boo hoo.

gords

Juniors
Fair enough I still think plenty of fans won't find it so easy as many of our fans come from outside campbelltown etc. That said the Leicharrdt Oval car park problems will be solved

macnaz

Staff member
The club would be better off marketing itself as a Sydney club rather than a specific area of Sydney.
HaHa ....sorry they have been there and done that, even have a Jersey to prove it lol they went as Sydney Tigers for a season and it was a MASSIVE failure.
And by the way as i had mentioned in a previous thread, one of the tigers main sponsor has told me that he prefers Campletown for catering. LO for atmosphere and then Telstra for comfort. So in saying that i feel it sponsors will sponsor any team winning ,playing anywhere. And LO is always packed so the supporters aint to concerned about confort and parking etc etc.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Fair enough I still think plenty of fans won't find it so easy as many of our fans come from outside campbelltown etc.
But surely it will be the same difference, i.e. if it's 15 more minutes from starting point X (as opposed to Campbelltown) to get to Olympic Park, then it's logical to assume that it will be about the same additional time to Central, given we've established there's no significant difference between Campbelltown to Olympic Park and Campbelltown to Central. People just want something more to whinge about.

The only fans who can legitimately complain about this are those that live in Homebush. People from the south-west are substantially the same off. As are people from the inner-west (Balmain).
That said the Leicharrdt Oval car park problems will be solved
Don't see what that has to do with changing games from Olympic Park to SFS, given there's still 3 games at LO? Or was that a (poorly) attempted dig for sh*ts and giggles, or just something more to whinge about?

Anyway, there isn't a car park at LO - nor at most grounds in Sydney. And if people were prepared to walk 5 minutes and park just off Lilyfield Road somewhere they'd find getting in and out is much easier.

It's like any suburban ground - when I go to Brookvale, Shark Park, Parra etc, I always park a short walk away just to make life easier. It's common sense. If you expect to go to any of these grounds, get a park right at the front gate, then get away quickly, you're stupid.

gallagher

Juniors
HaHa ....sorry they have been there and done that, even have a Jersey to prove it lol they went as Sydney Tigers for a season and it was a MASSIVE failure.
And by the way as i had mentioned in a previous thread, one of the tigers main sponsor has told me that he prefers Campletown for catering. LO for atmosphere and then Telstra for comfort. So in saying that i feel it sponsors will sponsor any team winning ,playing anywhere. And LO is always packed so the supporters aint to concerned about confort and parking etc etc.

haha? Balmain tried it fella, not Wests Tigers. And what was the extent of their marketing? Name on the jersey and playing out of Parra?
The bulldogs have done it and have notched up premierships since.As for the sponsor thing, are you gonna name who?

Not really, no. When you take into account the change-over at Lidcombe, all up it would probably be an extra 10 minutes travelling each way. Big woop.

In fact, having planned the trip using cityrail.com's handy "trip planner" tool, the travel time for each journey is as follows (I've used next Saturday 14 February, journey start time 12pm for both):

Campbelltown station to Olympic Park: 1 hour 12 minutes

Results here

Campbelltown station to Central station: 1 hour 17 minutes OR 59 minutes

Results here

Obviously the results would probably vary depending on the time, day, planned trackwork, other unforseen factors but the bottom line is that the need for two trains (Olympic Park) negates the extra distance travelling to Central. People might then bitch about the walk from Central, but as I said, all up you might have a total journey time of an additional 10 minutes. Boo hoo.

Yeah, the 5 minute walk from central to the SFS included.... lol

Latest posts