What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Match Thread

Noise

Coach
Why does feleti keep getting taken off when the last 3 weeks hes been our best player? i know he is not the fittest bloke on the field but surely he could last the extra 8 min till half time then get his 12 min breather? He doesnt even come on straight after half time. With our season on the line surely ando was willing to take a chance with our best player of the last 3 weeks??

We looked so much sharper when mitchell was on. I hope he gets more game time too

Terrible season. Fans want answers

parra_jesus

Juniors
i was gutted when burt missed the goal , and usually i would be the first person up having a go at him. but i saw the devastation in his face. he was absolutely gutted and i felt for him. still though , i cant belive he missed a relatively easy kick like that. chin up burty .

Stagger eel

Staff member
well done Tigers..they were the better side but we had our chances.

in the end it wasn't to be..

love ya Burty! head up son.

Tigers completly out played us today and really we were lucky to be still in the game at half time. The score line flattered us. The tigers are the real deal watch out Dragons.

Kudos to the tigers, they were great today, credit to us that we never gave up

Never gave up who are you kidding we only started to show up in the last 10mins I thought our performance was quite pathetic our season was on the line and waited till the last 10 mins to play so to say that we never gave up is ridiculous

Seccie

Juniors
Yes Burty missed that penalty but when we lose twice to cronulla (ffs) and lose to canberra earlier on in season when they were going bad... well there's 6 points.... and we sit on 30pts.

oh well.. at least we did doubles against the scum dogs and the scum eagles..

Forty20

First Grade
So we are technically still in the hunt for 8th spot, where do we go to from here?

Does Inu get dropped for Wright or Sio and do we give Mitchell a starting spot and/or O'Hanlon a gig off the bench. How about Humble for K. Keating?

Or do we keep the same 17 (minus Lasalo for Smith) for the rest of the year in order to keep that super slim hope alive and give our departing players a home ground farewell?

Decisions, decisions...

Fui!!!

Juniors
We should never have been in that game. Tigers should have had 30 by half time.

If it is any consolation, we are still a "mathematical" chance.

Tiger_Gold

Juniors
robbed by a dud call again, everybody has been saying someone's season would get ruined by the ref's and there it is. GOOD NIGHT!

What are you on about?
9-3 penalty count says the refs did all they could to help the Eels get over the line.

And it was justice that Burt missed that penalty goal. It shouldnt have been a penalty anyway, Mateo lost control and a scrum should have been awarded to the Tigers.

Glenn

First Grade
Just like the non existant 6 to go awarded to the Tigers when Lawrence dropped it into Inu.
Swings and roundabouts.

macnaz

Staff member
I think the better side won at the end of the day. I wouldnt be to down on your team because they definately turned up to play and tried hard but once again i think the fact the team needed Hayne to produce some magic and today he was unable to produce anything. Hayne was probably your worst player today. Anyway i have to say im happy to finnaly return to favour for knocking us out in 2009, just hope u can also knock soufs out for us as well. Thanks again for the ongoing revelry between our to clubs.

Djay

Juniors
Hayne was our worst player? i can think of one worse and that would've been Cayless or even Inu.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Inu was by far your worst player.

Hayne was kept relatively quiet by us, I thought we defended very well.

Great game.

andrew057

First Grade
Parra were given plenty of opportunity by the refs in the second half to get across the line but couldnt do it.

How woeful was Tahu, he was stood up by Ayshford, yes Blake f**kin Ayshford at least 4 times. The guy is a mental midget, a liability and a thief for acepting the 300k+ a year.

Well done Ozzie another dud on the books for 2+ years.

parraeelz

Juniors
Hayne was quiet however he set up a few linebreaks in the first half through some fine offloads and delivered some good passes to Tahu at the back end of the game. I am more dissapointed with our defensive reads earlier on in the game just terrible at times...however did improve later in the game but once again too little too late for parra

eel01s

Bench
Actually I thought Tahu looked very dangerous with the ball in hand. Would have been VERY interesting at the death had he not been tackled without the ball. Ando has to teach him how to defend as part of the line though.

Inu on the other hand :fist:. Can't wait to see him go.

I am the first to admit we didn't deserve to win today, but geez how frustrating was it when Caylo popped that stupid pass with 3 mins to go???

Even when Burt missed the goal (how did he miss that?) I wasn't that upset, as we usually find a way to lose in golden point.

Overall today was a great snapshot of our season - behind for most of the time, with a late burst to make us look better than we were, only to fall just short.

If we couldn't produce a performance to equal that of the Storm game today, just when were we planning to do it?

mrpwnd

Bench
Geez...You know, after that Storm game, I was convinced we were gonna win the premiership, it was that good.
I guess when reality slaps you in the face, it hurts more than the literal slap.

boxhead

First Grade
I agree....we played amazing against Melbourne and are the only team to smash them when they were playing well. Shame we couldn't play consistently like that for the rest of the season, even though we proved to the nay-sayers that we definitely have the capability.

On Tahu, he looked dangerous with the ball. Hardly been a 'dud' buy considering his form early in the year in our four-game winning streak, and in our second game against the Doggies Timana was devastating. You can't blame him for all the sh*t that has happened this year, he has actually been very good at parts of the season and crap in others, just like almost every single player in our team this year (the exceptions being Hayne, Hindy and generally Horo).

Latest posts