What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

Tiger05

First Grade
Hopefully he can make one centre position his own?

It's another option for us but I'm not sure he is good enough to hold down a spot. I'd have To'a and Doueihi over him for sure.

I reckon he plays this week though and if he plays well I suppose the jersey is his.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think Doueihi is guaranteed to play in the centers when he comes back (spine injuries permitting).

I like Toa as the other, but Im open to seeing What Naden can bring.

By the looks, we targeted him?

I think he is somewhere around 50 games, so he has a bit of experience?

I’ll trust that Tim, Madge or both had a plan and knew what they were doing?

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
It's another option for us but I'm not sure he is good enough to hold down a spot. I'd have To'a and Doueihi over him for sure.

I reckon he plays this week though and if he plays well I suppose the jersey is his.
Naden will run rings around Toa, even on his bad days he is a better footballer

Fordy20

Juniors
Depends on the position. Stafford is easily better at centre and wing, but he hasn't had a great time at fullback.

WA Tiger

Bench
I think Doueihi is guaranteed to play in the centers when he comes back (spine injuries permitting).

I like Toa as the other, but Im open to seeing What Naden can bring.
Even tho Brooks has been known to hang on to his spot like Madges left testicle I’m picking AD as a second playmaker in the halves so that potential try’s and half chances are not wasted. Then with Laurie back at fullback and our centre positions strong with Toa and Naden we have a dangerous backline .... Nofo is a worry. That’s about 4 weeks with concussion?

Pezz70

Juniors
You reckon. I prefer To'a from what I've seen.
100% don’t really rate Toa, I haven’t seen enough of him to write him off yet, but I wouldn’t even call him steady. Naden has 10x the ability, it’s a head thing with him, gets the head right, he could be a gun (the flip side is he’s 26 and hasn’t been able to do it yet ).

BrotherJim05

Bench
At the end of the day, we have 6 players all gunning for 2 centre spots completely up for grabs. If we can get Chrichton over the line then I don't think we will be looking to sign a centre, rather just let the 6 of them fight it out until 2 rise to the occasion.

Nofa concussion is a pretty big worry. We are missing his ability to finish and his strong carries out of our 20

Pezz70

Juniors
At the end of the day, we have 6 players all gunning for 2 centre spots completely up for grabs. If we can get Chrichton over the line then I don't think we will be looking to sign a centre, rather just let the 6 of them fight it out until 2 rise to the occasion.

Nofa concussion is a pretty big worry. We are missing his ability to finish and his strong carries out of our 20
Strong carries out of our 20😂, the crab rarely makes a metre. Granted he can occasionally score a try, but let’s a few in too.

Last edited:

WT Unity

Juniors
Luke Garner - I gotta say I'm a little disappointed that we've let Garner go. Surely the Panthers wouldn't have offered huge bucks for him and despite seeing a few posters on our forum here give it to him over the years I've always thought he's been pretty good. I reckon he still has a lot of upside and potential. In addition to that we have let 3 backrower / edge forwards go which has now really put pressure on us to find one in the market. I hope we get Angus Crichton but if we miss him then I'm thinking that there may not be too many more options.
Also I don't think its a one or the other case...surely we would have had cap space to keep one of the edge forwards. Agree Luch offer from Cows is over so by all means let him go.
But Garner has a bit of X factor and has a very good try scoring strike rate for a forward. His strike rate is better than Crichton, Leilua and papalii. Not everything I know - But try scoring ability from an edge forward is a pretty good weapon.
Anyway - Would love to know the $$ around the deal that the Panthers put down to get him v what he's currently on with us v what people may think he's worth. Oh and given his try scoring stats have come outside the halves we've had over the past few seasons he might just be a real weapon outside Cleary and Luai

Pezz70

Juniors
Mate you are the epitome of negativity
It’s hard mate, being a Magpies fan before a Tigers fan there just hasnt been that much joy in the last 50 years, the negativity eats away at you till there’s not really any positive left.
Nofo has his moments, I just wish he’d get that cross field shite out of his game, you see the moments when he does he is so much more effective

Fordy20

Juniors
Geez, I hope it's a fullback. Our fullback depth has never recovered from the board punting Potter. To'a is a handy backline utility to fill in, but he should only be filling in there if there is an injury to the fullback in the middle of a game.

Fordy20

Juniors
Strong carries out of our 20😂, the crab rarely makes a metre. Granted he can occasionally score a try, but let’s a few in too.

Meh, plenty of wingers look like turnstyles when their inside men don't number up or slide properly. Nofo isn't the first and he won't be the last.

Latest posts