What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers supporters stay loyal as Roosters fans lose faith

Chook

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Hmmm...we have a bright spark in the house, yes chook...you make a post your count goes up, usually in increments of one. Very observant.

You dont need it....but tough luck sunshine, you got it. :lol:

Your club has the greatest number of fly by night fans, we ALL know this, dont be ashamed....this honour HAS to belong to someone.

What a pity your posted stats don't back up you're pathetic opinion.

And you said this wasn't a Rooster bashing thread...we're you stupid or just lying?

Chook.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nook said:
Dodge's superbly worded "question":

Nice going, moron.

:| You attacked me for making a typographical error I made while addressing someone who had made an unqualified statement. He and myself have since resolved the issue, while you're continuing to act like a wanker and attack me over it.

In the meantime, it's good to see some figures being bandied about.

Danish

Referee
I'd say the biggest question mark would have to be on the Dogs for sure.....

Undoubtedly a huge improvement over last year but still their crowds fall. Could it be that the crack down on the riff raff is finally taking effect? Could it also be that the supposed "tiny minority" that caused all this trouble actually represents 15% of their total supporters??

Danish

Referee
innsaneink said:
Hmmm...we have a bright spark in the house, yes chook...you make a post your count goes up, usually in increments of one. Very observant.

You dont need it....but tough luck sunshine, you got it. :lol:

Your club has the greatest number of fly by night fans, we ALL know this, dont be ashamed....this honour HAS to belong to someone.

Any chance you could dig up the average crowds for the tigers pre-05 premiership??

Must surely be similiar to the 18K average now......... otherwise they would be classified as fair weather fans too, no??

innsaneink

Referee
Chook said:
What a pity your posted stats don't back up you're pathetic opinion.

And you said this wasn't a Rooster bashing thread...we're you stupid or just lying?

Chook.
Well c0ck...youdont think you changed the rules when YOU posted this...

We know we're hemeraging, we don't need some dickwad defending pretenders fan telling us that.
But hey Inssane, if it get's your post count up..
Danish....I couldnt be f**ked...but you go for your life...I'm done here. :lol:

aids

Bench
it's a shame more people arn't going out to the sfs, it's a great ground to watch league from.

based on the totals, are home crowds up/down or even with last year?

Timmah

Staff member
Danish said:
I'd say the biggest question mark would have to be on the Dogs for sure.....

Undoubtedly a huge improvement over last year but still their crowds fall. Could it be that the crack down on the riff raff is finally taking effect? Could it also be that the supposed "tiny minority" that caused all this trouble actually represents 15% of their total supporters??

Wrong, the idiot 0.5% has had an impact, keeping 15% away due to fear. This is a mix of home and away fans that are worried for their safety. So far things are improving for us and I think the final two games will prove that.

Danish

Referee
Timmah said:
Wrong, the idiot 0.5% has had an impact, keeping 15% away due to fear. This is a mix of home and away fans that are worried for their safety. So far things are improving for us and I think the final two games will prove that.

I suppose it is pure speculation as to how many of the 3000 odd fans staying away are the trouble makers and how many have been scared away.

Either way its the same result.

And don't bother with the whole "opposition fans aren't turning up" line. I'm sure when you get big crowds you don't say, "oh, but better half that number because there WERE alot of tigers/dragons/parra fans there...".

Any way you slice it its a piss poor effort by dogs fans to be down by so much when they are going so well. Roosters/Panthers/Warriors have their performance to blame. I have no idea what to blame the dogs crowds on.

Timmah

Staff member
Danish said:
I suppose it is pure speculation as to how many of the 3000 odd fans staying away are the trouble makers and how many have been scared away.

Either way its the same result.

And don't bother with the whole "opposition fans aren't turning up" line. I'm sure when you get big crowds you don't say, "oh, but better half that number because there WERE alot of tigers/dragons/parra fans there...".

Any way you slice it its a piss poor effort by dogs fans to be down by so much when they are going so well. Roosters/Panthers/Warriors have their performance to blame. I have no idea what to blame the dogs crowds on.

It's not pure speculation, I'm there every game. Numbers of opposition fans ARE decreasing. I've been a season ticket holder a number of times over different seasons and I can assure you right now that the quantity of away fans at every game has been significantly less. The troublemaking element was very small and in no way has it diminished the amount of Canterbury supporters that turn up. This business of "what can we blame the 'Dogs crowds on"... give me a f**king bucket. We're fifth or sixth in the crowd averages, and STILL the second best Sydney side. Well above Roosters, Penrtih, Warriors etc.

For the record at WTI v BUL and SOU v BUL @ Telstra (WTI and SOU home games), there were more Bulldog supporters at each.

Danish

Referee
Timmah said:
It's not pure speculation, I'm there every game. Numbers of opposition fans ARE decreasing. I've been a season ticket holder a number of times over different seasons and I can assure you right now that the quantity of away fans at every game has been significantly less. The troublemaking element was very small and in no way has it diminished the amount of Canterbury supporters that turn up. This business of "what can we blame the 'Dogs crowds on"... give me a f**king bucket. We're fifth or sixth in the crowd averages, and STILL the second best Sydney side. Well above Roosters, Penrtih, Warriors etc.

For the record at WTI v BUL and SOU v BUL @ Telstra (WTI and SOU home games), there were more Bulldog supporters at each.

2nd best Sydney side, yes. But still well, WELL down on last years average. Actually the dogs had similiar crowds for 2004 as well, so perhaps last year was just a spike.

Timmah

Staff member
Last year would've been a product of a premiership win, like WT this year.

This year would be a product of losing 6 straight matches and being sh*te in 2005. However, I think we have a good shot at going past the Tigers with our last two games.

aids

Bench
tigers have two more home games, skando's last at can'town, against the raiders.
which has already gone on sale(order now raiders army)

and vs souths at balmain.
both of these will be 18,000+ baring poor weather.
hopefully.

Timmah

Staff member
The 'Dogs current average is 15,912.

Estimate crowd Dragons: 25,000
Estimate crowd Broncos: 27,000

Estimate Final average: 17,953.
2005 average: 18,286.

Down, but not by much. Let's hope the two crowds are even larger than I predicted.

Timmah

Staff member
Tigers current average 18,268 By the way.

Games remaining - 1 at Leichhardt vs Souths and one at Campbo vs Canberra.