What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Tonght

Coffs dragon

Bench
Creative young halves, depth of play in the backline and speed to burn. The 3 big things on my wish list, that our club has none. Also Tedesco is a match winner and by far the best fullback for NSW. I tipped him at start of season to be my Daily M player of the year.....I stand by that decision. Unfortunately the Dragons are stuck with plodders and two halves that are 5/8's and don't compliment each other or the team.

Dragon66

Juniors
Tedesco is a freak and fully deserves to be NSW fullback. Classic example of a running fullback who has learned to develop a passing game to suit modern attacks (much like Slater, GI and RTS). It's a shame our 700k fullback can't do the same, hence he was moved.

But in Dugan's defence, our halves have never helped his game, even when he was FB. Never have I seen Dugan with the room Tedesco gets.

Outside backs who play for the Dragons unfortunately will not enhance their reputations with our current attack.

Have to say - as much as most people (some with no idea like OV) bag out our outside backs the plain truth is you can only take advantage of the opportunities the inside men give you. And atm Marshall & Widdop are delivering nothing.

Vas loves Benji because he is all over the place and can make the odd break, well that's great for Benji but atm it's not doing anyone else any favours. He is our shining light as an individual player, but I would swap him for constructive playmaker anytime.

I still think having two five eights and no half is the still our biggest problem. The teams form will hopefully improve. Defense tightens up, less mistakes are made, and we give up less penalties, but scoring points still looks a forlorn hope unless it's on the back of a kick.

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
Have to say - as much as most people (some with no idea like OV) bag out our outside backs the plain truth is you can only take advantage of the opportunities the inside men give you. And atm Marshall & Widdop are delivering nothing.

Vas loves Benji because he is all over the place and can make the odd break, well that's great for Benji but atm it's not doing anyone else any favours. He is our shining light as an individual player, but I would swap him for constructive playmaker anytime.

I still think having two five eights and no half is the still our biggest problem. The teams form will hopefully improve. Defense tightens up, less mistakes are made, and we give up less penalties, but scoring points still looks a forlorn hope unless it's on the back of a kick.

Correct.

Look at the procession of outside backs that have come to the Dragons in recent years, all with decent reputations before they came, but ended up in scrap heap after playing with us:

Vidot, Beale, Nielsen, Farrell, Nabuli. Aitken and Peter M were slated for Reggies as well, hence we chased Lafai and Roberts. Dugan you can argue is a shadow of his former self, certainly he's no longer the dynamic runner he was at the Raiders. Lafai and Mann could be headed out the door as well if they keep playing the way they are.

As I've said, if you're an outside back used to striding out in wide open spaces, I wouldn't be coming to the Dragons the way we structure our attack. Good way to ruin your career.

Is it any wonder Roberts turned us down?

Last edited:
Let's see if West Coast Dummy attacks you too.

Straight Shooter
i only attack after being attacked you muppet!because unlike yourself and vasildicksky I don't insult people and repeat the same mundane crap over and over as my first response even when I don't agree with what they say so why don't you go and take a really long bath at Whitney Houstons's place?

Last edited:

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
It's still early days, but perhaps the Tigers are finally reaping the benefits from blooding all these young kids a few years ago. Nathan Brown is trying to do a similar thing at the knights.

I thought we were going to do the same after Gaz, Hornby, Young and Co moved on in 2013, but instead we opted to play 33 year old Nathan Fein at half for the entire season.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
WOW the Tigers were good with the ball.They will put 50 on us if we do not get it together soon.A breath of fresh air and maybe our coach should ring Jason Taylor for some tips.In all reality we do not have the cattle.

Minh

First Grade
It's only round 3 and nobody wins a comp in March cliche, there'll be many more ups and downs before the season is over.....

Latest posts