What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Gilbert to commentate NSW Cup Grand Final

Big Pete

Referee
It's a shame NSW Cup doesn't get more coverage in either market. Having Tap & co. commentate an extended highlights isn't good enough and does nothing to develop interest outside of NSW.

I don't even hate Gilbert, he's too incompetent to hate, but I knew he wasn't going to give the game (allegedly a good game too) the respect it deserved.

Didn't think Vossy was all that good either doing the 20s and that was before the game became a walk over for the Tigers.

Big Pete

Referee
That's okay TT, soon you'll understand the meaning behind the pot calling the kettle black. :)

gallagher

Juniors
You guys are being a bit harsh on Gilbert. Before today I had no idea that Balmain Ryde Eastwood was a foundation club. Thats knowledge that only a ch 9 commentater can pass on.

IanG

Coach
Does anybody remember him and Michael Slater having to be fill in commentators during the 1996 Cricket World Cup cause the real commentators were late arriving at the ground.

LRC69

Juniors
That was sickening. Commentate the game and give the players the respect they deserve, not talk about a game 31 yrs ago. I love the history of the game, but there is a time and place. Sick of that tim tam talking about his past and how he used to go to Henson park with his father.

Cant agree more...call the game play by play..it done my head in..they spoke about so much outside of the actual play for the majority of the game. I tried putting the radio on but it was out of sync. Spoilt the whole experience.

undertaker

Coach
Does anybody remember him and Michael Slater having to be fill in commentators during the 1996 Cricket World Cup cause the real commentators were late arriving at the ground.

Huh? Which match was this? I don't ever recall this happening (and also, wasn't Slats was the only member in the squad who didn't play in any of the matches IIRC?:lol:)