What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Gilbert...

Bretto

Bench
All the highlight packages on nrl.com is just him yelling and losing his breath.

He's the biggest commentary plodder of all time.

You could almost say he's a, ploddentator.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
His sickening display this morning of Man-Crush on SBW notwithstanding, I have nothing against this guy...but does anyone wonder how in Gods name he landed a job on TV!? He didn't get it for being a good-looking guy, his takes are vanilla-grade generic & he is utterly devoid of any charm, wit or charisma.

Don't get me wrong --- I'm not saying he's terrible. That's what Paul Kent & Terry Kennedy are for. But he is just so BLAND. Any fans of Gilbert? What is his appeal to you?

Can't stand the Prick.....

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I like him for the most part.

Though it is hilarious how he tries to put shit on TK all the time.

It's like how every group of friends has the weakest member of the group. Then there's the 2nd weakest, who constantly gives him shit, just to impress the others.

He does that because the player do the same to him, oxygen thief hate this asshole, Gilbert that is a with TK close second.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
What a jibberer - i turned off the moment Dilbert was commentating

I hate hate hate the way he cuts people off to change the subject to something more dull - even in commentating

eesh

Agreed he is a rude merkin.....

aads

Juniors
So the once best show on tele the sunday roast is two segments now

And half of that is "Top 5 Best ever tries"

The roast once went for an hour in a few episodes towards the end of Vossy and now its 15 mins

goodness gracious

juro

Bench
I recall him calling one of the preliminary games on grand final day in 2012. Someone was going for a conversion, but missed. Too bad Gilbert said he kicked it, to which the other commentators started paying him out. He then sheepishly answered that he wasn't watching.

The guy has absolutely no credibility whatsoever. Who gave him a job???

Bretto

Bench
I recall him calling one of the preliminary games on grand final day in 2012. Someone was going for a conversion, but missed. Too bad Gilbert said he kicked it, to which the other commentators started paying him out. He then sheepishly answered that he wasn't watching.

The guy has absolutely no credibility whatsoever. Who gave him a job???

Gyngell, of course. I remember when Gyngell's missus was on The Roast ages ago - Gilbert sucked up her ass so bad.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
So the once best show on tele the sunday roast is two segments now

And half of that is "Top 5 Best ever tries"

The roast once went for an hour in a few episodes towards the end of Vossy and now its 15 mins

goodness gracious

How does that even work??

have they split the half hour slot with the Sunday FS??

Mr Saab

Referee
Gyngell, of course. I remember when Gyngell's missus was on The Roast ages ago - Gilbert sucked up her ass so bad.

I remember that. Gilbert is a massive massive sycophant...but good luck to him. He did what he had to do to get where he is (lick)

I am hoping that this is some good news for some, while bad news for others.

Tim Gilbert has been announced has the sports presenter for the weekday Today program, to start from early next year. Thus leaving the weekend Today show.

I don't regularly watch breakfast tv, so his move to weekdays doesn't really affect me that much. But in saying this, I am hoping that he no longer airs on The Sunday Footy Show anymore as an insane arrogant "Sunday Roast segment" host and a part time commentator. Fingers crossed.

I cannot post the link (as a comment regarding this site got banned a few weeks ago) in regards to Gilbert hosting weekday Today.

Mr Saab

Referee
I hope it means he cant do Sunday football discussions in 2015. He will kill the ratings of the breakfast show

El Diablo

Post Whore

Tim Gilbert has been announced has the sports presenter for the weekday Today program, to start from early next year. Thus leaving the weekend Today show.

I don't regularly watch breakfast tv, so his move to weekdays doesn't really affect me that much. But in saying this, I am hoping that he no longer airs on The Sunday Footy Show anymore as an insane arrogant "Sunday Roast segment" host and a part time commentator. Fingers crossed.

I cannot post the link (as a comment regarding this site got banned a few weeks ago) in regards to Gilbert hosting weekday Today.

:?

http://mumbrella.com.au/tim-gilbert-replace-ben-fordham-today-254097

JW

Coach
His calling of the final stages of the 20s GF was by far the worst commentary I've ever heard for a game of Rugby League - and that's remembering that Dell and Kevvie once had the box to themselves when Vossy had the trots or something.

Walt Flanigan

Referee

I guess I can change the channel when Sylvia Jeffries is done.

dogz08

First Grade
His calling of the final stages of the 20s GF was by far the worst commentary I've ever heard for a game of Rugby League - and that's remembering that Dell and Kevvie once had the box to themselves when Vossy had the trots or something.

Wasn't that Geyer and Ikin?

Latest posts