What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannah - best young prop in the game

broncos70

Juniors
watched him in his juniors and am mates with him and i expected him to be an amazing front rower, just didnt think it'd be this early in his career..bloody champion!

natheel

Coach
He has another year to run on his contract and is extremely happy at the club.

Beyond the extraordinary he will be an Eel for years to come.

Then again, we should never underestimate Manly/Bulldogs/Roosters :?

im sure he will be linked to one of em if not ALL of those clubs next year BUT he is like caylo and hindy he will be with us for a long time if not his whole career. i dare say he would only be an eel in the NRL then go to england possibly. but he seems to love the club fans the players he loves his role in the team and going by his after match talk on ch. 9 he respects all the other players in the NRL with his comment on possibly playing for origin.

good on ya timmy! keep it up mate! role model!

attamarrap

Juniors
manah/rapira is a good comparison but imo timmy is a better defender and makes more metres so mannah>rapira

ROGUE

Juniors
Outstanding so much so if this keeps up we should make a statement by making him our captain next year and hopefully for many years in the future

caylo

Bench
i love the balance in our front row, each player provides a different quality!

caylo - the skillful one who can pop magical offloads and clever passes
fui - gotta be the fastest prop over 20 metres in the NRL, defencive lines feel the full impact of fui pace.
poore - the traditional big hard working prop that just keeps going plus his line speed is awesome.
mannah - leg drive!!!!!!!

also this has to be the biggest front row rotation we have had for a while!

They are a massive prop rotation (best in the comp with out a doubt IMO) but they all have good lateral movement and are fairly quick.

I have just watched the replay of the game, after being there last night. I maybe the only one in this forum to think this, but, I don't know how Hindy did not get MOM last night? Mannah came on after 23 mins, & whilst effective, I think he has had better games than last night.

I'm prepared to get hammered on this, but I actually think FF,Caylo & Poore played just as well, if not better.

I think Timmy is great off the bench, & been quite often our best player on field. However, I stick by my comment last week - I don't think he is ready to be blooded for SOO - maybe next year.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Actually Rapira makes more metres. Mannahs still a good player though.

Rapira plays 53 minutes per game, Mannah only has 32.1 available to him.

And the meterage is in Rapira's favor by 1m per game. I'd hardly say he 'makes more meters' (Mannah makes the meters on less runs)

It's not that Mannah is an incapable of playing more than 32m - he rarely looks puffed, will often play extended minutes, but when you're in a prop rotation with 2 internationals and a SoO player - well, you'd hardly expect massive minutes in your 2nd season!

I rate Rapira though - but if you offered me a straight swap I'd decline and stick with Mannah!

oldmancraigy

Coach
I have just watched the replay of the game, after being there last night. I maybe the only one in this forum to think this, but, I don't know how Hindy did not get MOM last night? Mannah came on after 23 mins, & whilst effective, I think he has had better games than last night.

I'm prepared to get hammered on this, but I actually think FF,Caylo & Poore played just as well, if not better.

I think Timmy is great off the bench, & been quite often our best player on field. However, I stick by my comment last week - I don't think he is ready to be blooded for SOO - maybe next year.

I won't hammer you (although you deserve it!!)

But 22 runs for 209m is an outstanding game for a guy like Steve Price or Petro Civoniceva - to do that in 41 minutes off the bench is freakishly good.

The only other guy in the MoM equation was Hayne - who looked dangerous every time he handled/ passed/ ran.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I would seriously have his babies. Thats how well the blokes playing.

Did you call?
aliens.jpg

Forty20

First Grade
No disrespect for Mannah as I think he is great, But Tolman is out of this world.

Tolman is a very good young prop but I would take Mannah or Rapira instantly over him without any regrets.

Moving to the (currently underperforming) Dogs next year will be an interesting litmus test for him. Being no longer surrounded by a pack of internationals (and yes, cheats) will prove if he is the real deal, week in week out.

Djay

Juniors
His outstanding hasn't played bad once this year. He is always getting over his opponents (as in falling on his belly), incredible leg drive that creates those extra yards and is a great defender. As much as I don't want him to be in SOO he should be there. He has a great future ahead of him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The thing about Mannah he just keeps getting better, scary to think how good he could be in a few years time.