What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannahs Wedding

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He got 160 metres. Our best forward!! If we keep on winning he will be talked up as an origin contender for 2015

Haynzy

First Grade
So getting the ball from the kick off and winding up and launching yourself at the waiting line is easier/softer than only doing it 8 metres from the defensive line that might even be retreating?

TheParraboy

Staff member
So getting the ball from the kick off and winding up and launching yourself at the waiting line is easier/softer than only doing it 8 metres from the defensive line that might even be retreating?

Mannah also, usually takes the first hit up in a set, a lot harder making metres this way than later in the set when invariably the defence isn't as set as the first hit up.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

It's pretty easy. I reckon he would get about 15m per kickoff return, nice easy yards.
15m times about 5 or 6 returns is 90 easy metres for the stats.

Haynzy

First Grade
True, I reckon the other forwards make pretty easy yards too. They run up to the defence when they're retreating or flat-footed and they just grab the runner. Not much impact, I don't know why the don't take more than one hit up per set.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yes.

From my observation if you take out kick off return metres, Gower makes much more metres than Tim.

You must have a pretty keen eye for meterage?
Or a preconceived standard by which you are judging (more likely).

Timmy made 3 returns after kick-offs yesterday, for 38m.
Gower didn't do any.

In terms of their hitups, your eye has proved fairly accurate!
Mannah 12 for 102m (8.5m per hitup)
Gower 6 for 56m (9.33m per hitup)

Worth noting that Mannah only played 8 minues more than Gower, so one could start commenting on workloads, and perhaps hypothesising 1 bad run into the equation, which would significantly affect the size of the samples?

If we go back a week, then PouPou might have a phrase for your eyes.
Because the hitups favoured Mannah 9m to 8.4m (per hitup). However, on that occasion it was Gower with the heavier workload. Hrm.

Can't be bothered typing all the individual detail out, but the overall picture is 8-3 in favour of Mannah in terms of game score for 'who made more meterage per hitup' (not including kick returns) over the course of the season.

So your preconceived notion that 'Gower makes more meters per hitup than Mannah' has lead you to see exactly that. Bad luck.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Is David Gower married though?

I believe so.

article-2367644-1ADAA0DE000005DC-803_306x423.jpg

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hey OMC - I have 16 reasons why you are wrong but I can't be bothered typing them out. Bad luck.

At least I based mine on information that is actually out there and people can look up! I just didn't want to type out the meterage from each game - but Mannah has made more meters per hitup (non kickoff return) than Gower 8 times out of 11 games.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
At least I based mine on information that is actually out there and people can look up! I just didn't want to type out the meterage from each game - but Mannah has made more meters per hitup (non kickoff return) than Gower 8 times out of 11 games.

Yeah yeah. I have 23 reasons why you are out of your depth on this one. I just can't be bothered posting them.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Great game by Timmy vs the Gold Coast

Hasn't played a bad game sinnce getting married for mine

crucial to our pack if we are to go anywhere

Latest posts