What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

big pat

Coach
there is a old slang saying for, to vomit, toss a tiger on the carpet, well i've changed it a bit, its now called, toss a moltzen on the carpet, sums up these threads don't you think.

gypsy

Bench
there is a old slang saying for, to vomit, toss a tiger on the carpet, well i've changed it a bit, its now called, toss a moltzen on the carpet, sums up these threads don't you think.

I immediately thought of Nate Myles for some reason when I read this.

duck_dodgers

Juniors
The reality is that nobody in this forum is privy to actual words said between WT , TM , MT & PD .

ATM everyone is passing the blame without having the full facts at hand .

All you Lizard supporters claiming moral high ground status should wait until PD takes it to court ... in fact you should demand that he does ... after all according to the majority here , the Lizards are in the right .

although my guess it will go the same way as

Broncos v Inglis
Rabbitohs v Lewis
Rabbitohs v Elford
Titans v Turner

well well well ...

no court case

no compensation

just hot air from assorted blowhards

sadly typical but overall predictable as I told you it would be ...

does this change your opinion of how Doust handled all of this ?

Maybe the few of you who aren't totally blinkered might have figured out his failing in this sorry saga ... the rest of you keep painting those anti-moltzen slogans on your bedsheets ... lol .

hammertime1981

Juniors
Guys, guys, guys. I can see the red and white eyesight on this forum for sure! There was more to this than you think and Moltz had nothing to do with Lui. It will pan out in time, but I think this is how it went..

- The Tigers weren't freeing up cap for Blair, they were freeing up for their marque signing in 2013. A fullback.
- Moltzen wanted to secure a permanent fullback spot, which he wouldn't get at the Tigers, and therefore asked to start looking around (fullbacks aren't recruited every year - and the saints are a good team).
- The Tigers were reluctant, but agreed to release moltzen for the sake of his career.
- Doust secured moltzens signature but Humpreys didn't want to release until they had the marque signature - why do you think he got so angry at the announcement?
- This announcement seemingly was also a ploy by Doust to advance Saints cause. They then apparently signed this fullback for 2013 instead of the Tigers. (His mate signed with the Saint's this year.)
- With Moltz not wanting to be a utility, he decided to stay with the Tigers. The saints had done wrong by him and almost guaranteed a fullback spot.
- The rest is self explanatory.

So, the saints won't be without a fullback for long... Moltz does not deserve this anger when no one knows the full story.

On another point, Doust needs to go back to BUSINESS101. How easy is it to sign a release at the same time as the contract?! A verbal agreement never overrides an existing written agreement. Especially through a 3rd party!! Bush league CEO.

- This announcement seemingly was also a ploy by Doust to advance Saints cause. They then apparently signed this fullback for 2013 instead of the Tigers. (His mate signed with the Saint's this year.)
- With Moltz not wanting to be a utility, he decided to stay with the Tigers. The saints had done wrong by him and almost guaranteed a fullback spot.

So, the saints won't be without a fullback for long... Moltz does not deserve this anger when no one knows the full story.

You're suggesting that the Dragons have already signed Dugan for 2013?

hammertime1981

Juniors
You're suggesting that the Dragons have already signed Dugan for 2013?

No, but all mail is pointing to some sort of agreement. But it might jeopardize his spot at the Raiders if anything came out.

The question I would throw at everyone is why do you think Moltz was so adamant with an about face? Purely because he didn't want to make new friends?...... no way.

Also, why was Humprey's unreasonably upset from the announcement?

Tim has jeopardized any contract in the future and his value. Some event has changed things. Lui had been talking to Nth Qld for a long time to head back home. That was not the catalyst.

Last edited:

gypsy

Bench
I think I speak for more than a few Dragons fans when I say, who cares? He's a very average, very replaceable player not worth 1% of the attention he's received.
He's all yours :)

nrlnrl

First Grade
Guys, guys, guys. I can see the red and white eyesight on this forum for sure! There was more to this than you think and Moltz had nothing to do with Lui. It will pan out in time, but I think this is how it went..

- The Tigers weren't freeing up cap for Blair, they were freeing up for their marque signing in 2013. A fullback.
- Moltzen wanted to secure a permanent fullback spot, which he wouldn't get at the Tigers, and therefore asked to start looking around (fullbacks aren't recruited every year - and the saints are a good team).
- The Tigers were reluctant, but agreed to release moltzen for the sake of his career.
- Doust secured moltzens signature but Humpreys didn't want to release until they had the marque signature - why do you think he got so angry at the announcement?

On another point, Doust needs to go back to BUSINESS101. How easy is it to sign a release at the same time as the contract?! A verbal agreement never overrides an existing written agreement. Especially through a 3rd party!! Bush league CEO.

You're hinting that the Dragons are chasing / have agreed to terms with Dugan for 2013. Who is the fullback that the Tigers have freed up cap space for ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Never ceases to amaze me how hard some Tigers fans work to justify the actions of their own club.

You got Moltz3n, and you're stuck with the kid for another year now.

You lost, get over it.

big pat

Coach
Agreed. I don't think the fuss over Moltzen is worth it. He can be a great player, but at the moment is pretty stock standard.

BUT, i'm just saying that the anger shouldn't be pointed at Moltzen or Tigers management. Doust played the major role in this deal falling over.

so you have 100% info that everything was doust fault, when a lot of media people in print and radio, praise doust for his excellent handling of this farce.