What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen

Tim Moltzen is quality.

He is confident, quick, skillful and has a go.

He is what we have been missing (even though "WE" all knew it).

He has given Benjamin the time and space to be Benji again.

All he needs to do is improve his short kicking game, we just need someone who can drop a ball into the in goal, so that we can get a few repeat sets of six.

The future is bright my friends,

Bubbles.

DanOz

Juniors
I don't agree with Moltzen playing origin - I think he has the potential to make a good number 7, but there have been plenty of great number 7's that can't make origin, Scotty Prince behind Thurston etc (I know Scott has played a couple of games but you get my meaning)

I'd love to see Chris Lawrence partner Jennings in Origin however, & big Keith running hard up off a Robbie Farah pass - these things MAY come to pass, and have more chance than Tim playing imo.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Timmy may or may not play origin - and as DanOz says, its more about the other players playing than how good you are.

I would suggest - like it or not - that Michell Pierce is the front running run gun to play over the next decade or so - and as it stands today - probably rightly so.

Tim should worry more about improving his kicking game and stearing the team around the park at the moment.

Juniors
Tim Moltzen is quality.

All he needs to do is improve his short kicking game, we just need someone who can drop a ball into the in goal, so that we can get a few repeat sets of six.

Bubbles.

There is no better short kicking game than Farahs and he tends to kick a fair bit when close to the line. I think Tim (the player, not the coach) is kicking ass. Only gonna get better.

There is no better short kicking game than Farahs and he tends to kick a fair bit when close to the line. I think Tim (the player, not the coach) is kicking ass. Only gonna get better.

I agree,

I would love to see Farah at first receiver on the last tackle when he does not want to barge over or dink a little one behind the line.

Bubbles

tiger_nick

Bench
moltzens 3 games at 7 this year have been superb, his game reminds me a lot of mullen. however to go labelling him a future origin player is a bit premature imo.

btw pearce has been great this year, very under rated.

b.bear

Juniors
yes I think this is his natural position and with that benji looks more comfortable but they have both got to work on their kicking game meaning that not every kick has to be a 40/20(benji) and get the lead out of their boots when kicking in goal whther that be grubber or in the air they usually have to much on it.the kick does not have to look pretty of the boot it just has to find open space ,they should take lessons from robbie.....

Last edited:

N.C.

Juniors
yes I think this is his natural position and with that benji looks more comfortable but they have both got to work on their kicking game meaning that not every kick has to be a 40/20(benji) and get the lead out of their boots when kicking in goal whther that be grubber or in the air they usually have to much on it as the does not have to look pretty of the boot they should take lessons from robbie.....
That would sit well with all this new rhetoric about the Tigers becoming a better defensive side... We need to get rid of this idea that we can't rely on our defense to get the ball back in good field position... What's more, a better, more controlled kicking game opens the door for a more consistent kick chase.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Always rated him. Always thought his natural position was 7 ever since I saw him against the cows at 5/8. He was our best.

Interesting to note, I was listening to Farah last night on the radio and he mentioned that Shames was reluctant to use him at 7 last year because he wasn't much of a talker. Shames gave him one game in the halves, you can't expect him to call the shots from day dot, it takes abit of time. Supercoach should know better than most.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
moltzens 3 games at 7 this year have been superb, his game reminds me a lot of mullen. however to go labelling him a future origin player is a bit premature imo.

btw pearce has been great this year, very under rated.
Agreed, it's far too early for that. He actually reminds me a bit of Kidley, not a traditional half but always looks good with ball in hand.

TimmyB

Juniors
Always had a lot of time for Timmy Moltzen. Never have I seen a young player start in first grade and look so comfortable. Rarely does he make a blue - ever since he started he has played like an experienced first grader. It's hard to believe he's still only 20 imo. Might have something to do with the fact that he played firsts in group 12?

Anyway, since moving to half back has really excelled.

I think when people bag McDonnell and our recruitment (and I do agree for the most part) it would be prudent to remember guys like Moltzen. Looks to have been a very good decision to sign him up.

tomcat

Juniors
why does moltzen get to do his apprenticeship in first grade,put him back in reserve grade, and let him come through when and if good enough,,in the mean time, sign a first grade half back,and stop messing around,,we want a grand final timmy..

Juniors
why does moltzen get to do his apprenticeship in first grade,put him back in reserve grade, and let him come through when and if good enough,,in the mean time, sign a first grade half back,and stop messing around,,we want a grand final timmy..

WHAT???

He is learning the best way and going great guns while doing so. He is making most of our first graders look amateur, theres nothing more to learn in reserves. If it were up to me i'd tattoo the number 7 on his back, and forehead just for good measure.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors

Tomcant, you're a fool. Plain and simple. If this forum had grades you'd be sitting on the hill where you belong.....as a spectator.

What are we, the Roosters ???....Do we wanna buy a premiership or do we want to earn it through hard work via our WT system. Don't know about you Nevilles, but I'd rather nurture our juniors, see them develop through our system rather than having to buy players to win a premiership like the Dogs have done this year.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Reek - I agree with you about Tomcat being an idiot.

However - we need to get off our "are we the roosters buying a premiership" horse.

FFS - the Roosters shouldn't even exist - they don't have any juniors - if they didn't buy anyone - they would have no-one.

Footy is like any other business - promote people from within (your juniors) and bring on the highly paid stars (external signings).

Reek - Im sure you wouldnt mind if we had bought a couple of decent props t stiffen up our team.