What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Sheens relieved of coaching duties

MKCS

Juniors
I think what some posters are saying above about Benji and Farah actively calling the shots whilst Sheens takes more of an assistant role is probably true but my thought is why would they do that? Benji and Farah are club legends but should be doing their education in NSW Cup or as part of some kind of juniors program instead of instantly going to NRL level.

I know good coaches don't typically want to join bad teams but surely if the Tigers sent some big money the way of a Des Hasler, Geoff Toovey, Shane Flanagan or even a bloke like Nathan Brown there could be SOME interest. Hell, I think the coaching is such a problem at the Tigers that I'd take two of these guys and have one be assistant coach.

Benji and Farah are an option that will lead to the Tigers remaining out of the finals for the foreseeable future.

Floodwaters

Juniors
I think what some posters are saying above about Benji and Farah actively calling the shots whilst Sheens takes more of an assistant role is probably true but my thought is why would they do that? Benji and Farah are club legends but should be doing their education in NSW Cup or as part of some kind of juniors program instead of instantly going to NRL level.

I know good coaches don't typically want to join bad teams but surely if the Tigers sent some big money the way of a Des Hasler, Geoff Toovey, Shane Flanagan or even a bloke like Nathan Brown there could be SOME interest. Hell, I think the coaching is such a problem at the Tigers that I'd take two of these guys and have one be assistant coach.

Benji and Farah are an option that will lead to the Tigers remaining out of the finals for the foreseeable future.
I don’t mind Benji learning his craft whilst it not going on his record personally

innsaneink

Referee

Agree ...he wont learn nothing with his hand held all season, I said the other day he should next year coach Reggies or even Flegg, preferably the former...solo

MKCS

Juniors
f**k his record , how about the club?

This. Plus, who is to say he's even a good coach? He very might well do his apprenticeship and be a shit coach which once again puts the Tigers back even more.

2023 + 2024: "Don't worry, Benji will be here soon, everything will get better."

2025: "Don't worry, Benji will come good, it's only his first season as coach we'll finally make the 8 soon"

2026: "This is our year, Benji is out of his rookie year and Brooks is going to come good"

2027: "Is there anyone to replace Benji?"

2028: "Benji was never the guy, can we finally get rid of him?"

2029: "I don't think the appointment of Luke Brooks as head coach is a good decision..."

Bukowski

Juniors
This. Plus, who is to say he's even a good coach? He very might well do his apprenticeship and be a shit coach which once again puts the Tigers back even more.

2023 + 2024: "Don't worry, Benji will be here soon, everything will get better."

2025: "Don't worry, Benji will come good, it's only his first season as coach we'll finally make the 8 soon"

2026: "This is our year, Benji is out of his rookie year and Brooks is going to come good"

2027: "Is there anyone to replace Benji?"

2028: "Benji was never the guy, can we finally get rid of him?"

2029: "I don't think the appointment of Luke Brooks as head coach is a good decision..."
I said at the time he was appointed that it was up there with Balmain giving Alan Jones the same role. Just plain stupid

Apey

Staff member
Amazing win by the Tigers but Sheensy has definitely gone senile yeah? Before the game he was interviewed and said he wanted to re-sign Brooks based on how confident he looked in his 2018 highlights and then in his post match presser he frothed at the mouth like the Tigers had lost a close match on a contentious call.

MugaB

Coach
He is - Sheens is taking the bullets while they rebuild the club and Benji does all the coaching & tactics.
Thats what matty johns said the other night, he was praising sheensy for also sticking it to the bunker too, saying even after 66 point drumming, he was still pissed about the offengaue no try/no pressure BS... even the 8th brang that up on the sunday FS, any decision should be done at real time, yes you can slow it down to see knock ons and such, but when it comes to those downward pressure trys, real time, or let the on field official call it, i prefer the bunker to f**k off actually, the world soccer cup refs have a video person, that just plays the track, and the on field ref judges it all, based off what he himself can see on the big screen... that should be way forward

Perth Red

Post Whore
He is - Sheens is taking the bullets while they rebuild the club and Benji does all the coaching & tactics.
Its actually a smart move, somewhat surprisingly for the Tigers! Benji gets some head coach yards under his belt without any of the media pressure and criticism whilst they rebuild the squad. Good on Sheens for being the patsy.

MugaB

Coach
Its actually a smart move, somewhat surprisingly for the Tigers! Benji gets some head coach yards under his belt without any of the media pressure and criticism whilst they rebuild the squad. Good on Sheens for being the patsy.
Bennett has done it for most of his career, he doesn't bring a playbook to work, he has guys like Kristian Woolf, and Jason Demetriou do that... benji is no different

King-Gutho94

Coach
It was ridiculed last year and even a possibly a month ago when they were 0-7.

Bukowski

Juniors
It's still to be proven smart, appointing a coach with zero experience.

Vee

First Grade
That story has morphed several times already today in another example of WT's management's ineptitude.

Wb1234

Referee
One story says Benji is next lol

they approached hollbrook who turned them down for the chooks

John morris as assistant but could be taking over the top job

what a rabble of a club

Latest posts