What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith - Arrogant

I was at the Rose and Crown last night having dinner with my 7 months pregnant wife. So were Josh Cordoba, Tim Smith and Luke O'Dwyer.

As they were leaving, I said good luck to them and both Luke and Josh shook hands as they left and were pretty nice. Tim just walked past without even looking or anything. I thought he was very arrogant.

It doesnt really matter to me, I thought I'd just let you guys know. I have always thought that Tim has to pull his head in and mature a bit. I am not sure he has done that. The last thing he wants to do is loose the respect of his Fans.

Remember Timmy, everyone is dispensible. :eek:

newmanj

Juniors
The poor kid has copped so much flak lately, that he is gun shy. Leave him be.

You got the response you wanted from Josh and Luke. You shouldve been happy with that.

dio

Juniors
as long as he was not drinking take it on the chin, there will always be players like that lets just hope he grows up soon

Gronk

Staff member
I say leave him be. Rookie of the Year followed by Second Year Syndrome, followed by the media being up his arse just cos he has a few blinders (FFS when I was 20 what I did make him look like a choir boy). Then he got his act together to play 40 mins of near perfect footy against Joey Johns only then to bust his freeking shoulder.

Then Raaaaaay stirs the pot with his now-proven-to-be-wrong bullsh*t.

OMFG, now he didn't stop to have a chat to somebody at the pub. That must be the last straw for Fitzy. :sarcasm:

its been a tough week 4 him. And plus hes missing out on a record winning streak. Who wants 2 miss out on something like that? And plus its also our last home game as well.

That or cordoba and odwyer placed him as center 4 the jokes at dinner.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Lord of The Eels said:
I was at the Rose and Crown last night having dinner with my 7 months pregnant wife.

Congratulations, but what does that have to do with this story?

So were Josh Cordoba, Tim Smith and Luke O'Dwyer.

As they were leaving, I said good luck to them and both Luke and Josh shook hands as they left and were pretty nice. Tim just walked past without even looking or anything. I thought he was very arrogant.

Has it occurred to you that he may not have heard you? Or that he may not have been in the mood to talk to a fan? You're acting as if he turned to you, explicitly refused to shake your hand and told you to get stuffed.

spiderdan

Bench
so not speaking to someone you don't know makes a person arrogant all of a sudden?

after all the sh*t tim's copped this year from so many bandwagoners that seem to want to give him a crap reputation can anyone really blame him for just keeping to himself when a complete stranger says something?

or maybe he just didn't hear, who knows? who really cares?

RAM

Juniors
Well done Timmy. Any halfback of any substance needs to be an arrogant little bugger ! :mrgreen:

I must say that I feel everyone is jumping to defend Tim simply because he is an Eels player.

I'm not defending him and I'm not having a go at him. However, surely if Josh and Luke could spare 5 seconds for the bloke then Tim could have as well. Media blah blah blah - 5 seconds was all this bloke asked for......

Lord of The Eels said:
I was at the Rose and Crown last night having dinner with my 7 months pregnant wife. So were Josh Cordoba, Tim Smith and Luke O'Dwyer.

It doesnt really matter to me, I thought I'd just let you guys know. I have always thought that Tim has to pull his head in and mature a bit. I am not sure he has done that. The last thing he wants to do is loose the respect of his Fans.

Remember Timmy, everyone is dispensible. :eek:

I've seen Tim out quiet a few times....... He does not come across as being arrogant at all. In fact he was the one willing to talk. Great Bloke.

Utey

Coach
He is at the stage that if he shakes someones hand they could accuse him of assault. His at the stage where he cant do anything right.

Although, when Ive had a chat he seemed pretty laid back and willing to have a chat.

mickdo

Coach
Um, this is from a first time poster... who gives a flying f**k. Get some cred mate before coming in here and posting what could be (and probably is) utter shyte, that even if true is probably less of an issue than a boil on my aunty's ass.

dazeely

First Grade
Hollywood Jesus said:
I must say that I feel everyone is jumping to defend Tim simply because he is an Eels player.

I'm not defending him and I'm not having a go at him. However, surely if Josh and Luke could spare 5 seconds for the bloke then Tim could have as well. Media blah blah blah - 5 seconds was all this bloke asked for......

spot on HJ. we are his fans not his enemies. an acknowledgement is not much to ask I believe. after all it was good enough for Luke and Josh to. wake up timmy.