What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith - Arrogant

stiffmeister

Bench
Leave Smith alone. Hello this is the real world. Not everyone is in a good mood everyday. Are you? We all have our bad days. How many times have you walked past your boss & he just ignored you.

Jeez,

Sorry to get so many people worked up here, to the point where I am getting personal insults now. But thats ok, maybe you guys are right, he is going through a rough time and all. Maybe we just got him on a bad day.

stiffmeister

Bench
Lord of The Eels said:
Jeez,

Sorry to get so many people worked up here, to the point where I am getting personal insults now. But thats ok, maybe you guys are right, he is going through a rough time and all. Maybe we just got him on a bad day.

No probs mate, we all lose it on occasions

Utey

Coach
Lord of The Eels said:
Jeez,

Dont feel hard done by or anything. I look forward to hearing your contribution in the future!

strider

Post Whore
stiff-meister eel said:
Leave Smith alone. Hello this is the real world. Not everyone is in a good mood everyday. Are you? We all have our bad days. How many times have you walked past your boss & he just ignored you.
omg - i agree 100% :eek: :lol:

Redback71

First Grade
yes he is im my nrl game i offered to renew his contract for 3 years and he wanted more so if offered him more and he still wanted more then no matter how much i offered him he just kept saying no so looks like timmy is leaving the eels and ill have to find a new half back come june 30

Sean7

Juniors
Redback71 said:
yes he is im my nrl game i offered to renew his contract for 3 years and he wanted more so if offered him more and he still wanted more then no matter how much i offered him he just kept saying no so looks like timmy is leaving the eels and ill have to find a new half back come june 30

Speaking of arrogant. How's this effort from Adam Peek. Hadn't played a game all year, sent me an email saying he was in the best form of his career and told me he's got premiership written all over him.

Hellsy

Immortal
Perhaps Timmy thought the comment wasnt aimed at him as he wasn't playing and didnt need to be wished luck??

Daneel

Bench
Hellsy said:
Perhaps Timmy thought the comment wasnt aimed at him as he wasn't playing and didnt need to be wished luck??

Exactly right. You said good luck and the 2 players who were going to play shook your hand. Tim probably just assumed (as I would) that you were only talking to them.

Daneel

Bench
mickdo said:
If a first time poster is going to make some of their first few posts bagging a player for off-field actions that are entirely hearsay then why should we cut them slack? I'm just fed up with all this sort of rubbish that has been littering the airwaves and forums that is untirely unsubstantiated.

To then say that Tim has not pulled his head in and matured a bit in when he has managed to go from being a booze hound to a tea-totaller in a matter of weeks is just hard to comprehend. Slack be damned.

Oh mickdo i am devastated. Ever since you told me how much you hate bad spellers I have been trying to live up to your standards. Then you go and make up your very own word. :(

Torps

Leave the bloke alone, he is probably thinking its safer to say nothing to anyone otherwise they may blow it out of proportion and ring ray etc...FFS leave the kid alone.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
LOTE im hoping that you just caught timmy on a bad day, or he for some reason didn't hear you or something like that.
I've always found Tim to be very good with fans, evident with him coming out to sign autographs last night, when the boys he was speaking with ducked off out a side gate :)x)
If you found him to be arrogant i hope that there's another occasion where he can make it up to you, and that this incident doesn't sour your opinion of him too much.

mickdo

Coach
Daneel said:
Oh mickdo i am devastated. Ever since you told me how much you hate bad spellers I have been trying to live up to your standards. Then you go and make up your very own word. :(
Gotta stick one of those in there to keep everyone on thier toes ;-)

When I was a young tacker, I went to the 1st test match v's the poms at Wigan (1978) i was seven.

Before the match, the aussie team walked near us in the grandstand (there was about 1,000 aussies/ 15000+ poms). Dad stepped out to wish the guys good luck (all of the good old players were there and shook hands - Pricey, The Crow, Les Boyd, Jethro Gerrard and even Tommy Raudonikis) they obliged and shook hands with dad, and signed autographs for me.

At the tail of the field, was a young bloke by the name of Johnny Gibbs. Gibbsy walk past my dad, with his nose in the air, and with no intention of shaking his hand. A choice that pissed dad, myself and our pommy relatives off at the time. He was arrogant, he knew he was good, and had no time for fools (or aussie supporters). :lol:

Now, I hate Manly with a passion. So I could berate Gibbsy at this point, but i wont.

He was young, full of himself, and thought his sh*t didnt stink.

Gibbsy is a mate of mine now (a desperate punter at the TAB, we came to know each other). He is a nice bloke, and I told him of that day back in Wigan. He apologised and told me, in his younger days, he was a bit that way and his head was in the clouds.

Im not defending Timmy, far from it, he should have shaken your hand. No matter how sh*tty you are, or whatever the situation. If someone puts out their hand for a handshake, in my opinion, unless you have an issue with them, you should shake.

But, just take into consideration his age and remember, he is just a kid.

(Gibbsy still thinks his sh*t dont stink :lol: )