What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith Broncos 08

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm almost resigned to the fact that we'll lose either Blake or Tim I just hope we don't lose both...

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
I'm almost resigned to the fact that we'll lose either Blake or Tim I just hope we don't lose both...

Agreed. It'd be silly to expose Blake to First Grade and then no resign him after he shows his worth. I can't see us losing Blake. Future captain of the club IMO.

Gronk

Staff member
A few hard decisions ahead. Right now if we have to match big coin to keep Timmy then I would switch priority to Blake.

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
why is that?? why cant we keep both?

because 3 in 2 don't fit and with Finch signed for next year both Blake and Tim are going to want that other pivot spot...

just my gut feeling but i could be wrong.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Not only have we wasted big $$$$ on Finch, but we are now in an inevitable situation where we will lose on of our future stars in exchange for a Flop. Its gotta piss ya off :x

pazzaeel

Juniors
Not only have we wasted big $$$$ on Finch, but we are now in an inevitable situation where we will lose on of our future stars in exchange for a Flop. Its gotta piss ya off

exactly. put finch in premier league and play green and smith in first. its only for one more year. offload finch at the end of 08. if we keep both green and smith i dont care if we dont sign another player. we cant lose one of them becuase someone feels bad putting finch in premier league.

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
exactly. put finch in premier league and play green and smith in first. its only for one more year. offload finch at the end of 08. if we keep both green and smith i dont care if we dont sign another player. we cant lose one of them becuase someone feels bad putting finch in premier league.

so you're trying to tell me that Hages will never drop Finch??? surely you wouldn't feel that precious and naive to believe that Finch or any other member of that side with the exception of a couple of notables aren't sackable???

COACH STERLING

Juniors
The bizare thing out of all of this is we can probably afford to keep all 3 players, especially with Tahu leaving. Unfortunately all 3 want to play 1st grade.

And people wonder why we get upset with Finch not performing.

This is why!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
so you're trying to tell me that Hages will never drop Finch??? surely you wouldn't feel that precious and naive to believe that Finch or any other member of that side with the exception of a couple of notables aren't sackable???

He may well send Finch back to premier league but that would me a huge waste. We paid good money for him and he wouldn't be in first grade. Some people may see that as an admission from Hagan that he doesn't know what he is doing with recruitment.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
The bizare thing out of all of this is we can probably afford to keep all 3 players, especially with Tahu leaving. Unfortunately all 3 want to play 1st grade.

And people wonder why we get upset with Finch not performing.

This is why!!

yeah..who would of thought that players want to play firstgrade...god they can be selfish :lol:

btw, I get sh*tty with any player that doesn't pull their weight in the side...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
He may well send Finch back to premier league but that would me a huge waste. We paid good money for him and he wouldn't be in first grade. Some people may see that as an admission from Hagan that he doesn't know what he is doing with recruitment.

do you think he paid Lowrie to play Premier league???

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
yeah..who would of thought that players want to play firstgrade...god they can be selfish :lol:

btw, I get sh*tty with any player that doesn't pull their weight in the side...

Selfish they are, especially if their form doesnt warrant a spot. :)

It will be interesting to see what eventuates with player form as much as player contracts over the next couple of weeks. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Selfish they are, especially if their form doesnt warrant a spot. :)

surely ou can't accuse them for being selfish if all they're doing is playing in a side which the coach had chosen them in??;-)

yes it will be intersting, can't help feeling that it may end in tears in some cases.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
surely ou can't accuse them for being selfish if all they're doing is playing in a side which the coach had chosen them in??;-)

yes it will be intersting, can't help feeling that it may end in tears in some cases.

Blame the coach!!!! :D

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
A smuch as it hurts me to say, I can definitely see Tim joining the broncos if the offer is reasonable. Playing inside arguably the greatest player in the game in Lockyer(with Joey gone) and under the most successful coach in the game would be extremely tempting for any young halfback. Look at the bronco's playing roster and it just makes it more appealing. Not to mention that he will be close to home. I suppose if the rumours are true he has a big decision to make.

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
A smuch as it hurts me to say, I can definitely see Tim joining the broncos if the offer is reasonable. Playing inside arguably the greatest player in the game in Lockyer(with Joey gone) and under the most successful coach in the game would be extremely tempting for any young halfback. Look at the bronco's playing roster and it just makes it more appealing. Not to mention that he will be close to home. I suppose if the rumours are true he has a big decision to make.

and you know what generally happens when Wayne Bennett wants someone??? ;-)

Latest posts