What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith Broncos 08

Angry_eel

First Grade
if he wants to go(to play next to lockyer and under the greatest coach) then let him go. If he's worried about money we can then offer him more than broncos. We have Blake green, kris keating, lett(wasn't he a halfback), maloney and finch so its not like he's gona leave and we'll be post-Jason Taylor again.

Gronk

Staff member
It's a long drive out to the Toowoomba Clydesdales training if he doesn't play to his potential. Benny won't tolerate poor form like we have.

cardinal

Juniors
As eela says we will struggle to keep both Tim and Blake. Tim may turn out to have more ability than Blake but Blake may turn out to have a better head on his shoulders(probably has already). If Tim decides his future is up north than I will be dissapointed after he is now showing that 05 was no fluke, but I will be happy knowing we have Blake, Keating and Hodgkinson ready to step up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
cardinal said:
As eela says we will struggle to keep both Tim and Blake. Tim may turn out to have more ability than Blake but Blake may turn out to have a better head on his shoulders(probably has already). If Tim decides his future is up north than I will be dissapointed after he is now showing that 05 was no fluke, but I will be happy knowing we have Blake, Keating and Hodgkinson ready to step up.

and out of the 4 players mentioned...he is the real deal ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont see a problem with keeping both Green and Smith if Finch's form does not improve and he goes next year.

Keating is a few years off first grade just yet.

fish eel

Immortal
brett finch or no brett finch, if tim smith wants to go to brisbane and play up there, there is probably not a whole lot we can do

cardinal

Juniors
Twizzle said:
I dont see a problem with keeping both Green and Smith if Finch's form does not improve and he goes next year.

Keating is a few years off first grade just yet.

Don't know about that if he keeps dominating premier league like he has been he will be there sooner than later.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Keating has had a couple of games in PL already and may drop back down but it appears it won't be because of lack of form, he'll be 19 next year could stake a claim for firstgrade if he keeps up with the MOM performances in Premier league.

If we piss finch off To England we will have no problems with the Cap. He is not playing like a player worth 200k. If he's been playing in the wrong position then he should be playing halfback in PL. He's pretty much on his last chance this weekend. 6 rounds is ample time for him to show a tiny glimpse of form you would think.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
If we piss finch off To England we will have no problems with the Cap. He is not playing like a player worth 200k. If he's been playing in the wrong position then he should be playing halfback in PL. He's pretty much on his last chance this weekend. 6 rounds is ample time for him to show a tiny glimpse of form you would think.

you'd like to think it was as easy as that even and ESL club may baulk at him.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Don't you wish you had a feeder club in the ESL. Maybe Denis Fitzerald's next project can be to align himself with someone...well f**k, you got to have some sort of contingincy plan for dud signings.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
Keating has had a couple of games in PL already and may drop back down but it appears it won't be because of lack of form, he'll be 19 next year could stake a claim for firstgrade if he keeps up with the MOM performances in Premier league.

I'm still getting over the excitement OF Green, Hayne, Mateo and Inu.

To have several others waiting in the wings with wraps like these, the future is finally starting to look rosy.

I'll go out on a limb and predict we'll have another comp under our belt within three years.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Don't you wish you had a feeder club in the ESL. Maybe Denis Fitzerald's next project can be to align himself with someone...well f**k, you got to have some sort of contingincy plan for dud signings.

well there is a strong connection between us and both the Hull clubs...but in all honesty buying out a contract isn't it an over night exercise and if we rely on getting a buyer for Finch we may miss the boat else where, besides I'm not prepared to call him a dud signing YET!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
I'm still getting over the excitement OF Green, Hayne, Mateo and Inu.

To have several others waiting in the wings with wraps like these, the future is finally starting to look rosy.

I'll go out on a limb and predict we'll have another comp under our belt within three years.

Suity

possably, if we're able to keep the right players, but personally i don't think we can solely rely on juniors alone..after all even the Wests Tigers made some strategic purchases 18 months before they won the comp and those puchases were major keys to winning the comp.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
possably, if we're able to keep the right players, but personally i don't think we can solely rely on juniors alone..after all even the Wests Tigers made some strategic purchases 18 months before they won the comp and those puchases were major keys to winning the comp.

I realise that, and part of my prediction included the fact that we have the established experienced players on board - notably Cayless and Hindmarsh.
Couple that with the enthusiastic youngsters and the signing of one or two more marquee players, I think we'll have the basis for a premiership winning team - ala the Tigers as you mentioned.

Suity

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
well there is a strong connection between us and both the Hull clubs...but in all honesty buying out a contract isn't it an over night exercise and if we rely on getting a buyer for Finch we may miss the boat else where, besides I'm not prepared to call him a dud signing YET!

No worries. I'll have my fingers, arms, legs crossed this w/end for you. :)

Besides, Finch is overdue on the 1/6 week theory.

I'm predicting he will have a blinder against the dogs.

This time next week, he will be my favourite player, just like Burt. :lol:

Heck, I'll even buy a poster of him and pin him up in my bedroom next to my wedding photos.....

Suitman

Post Whore
COACH STERLING said:
Heck, I'll even buy a poster of him and pin him up in my bedroom next to my wedding photos.....

Just hope you are looking at the missus when your doing the deed, and not Finch. :lol:

Suity

Latest posts