What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tim smith in the poo again?

El Diablo

Post Whore
excerpt from here http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/p...1155408016510.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Meanwhile, Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald has not ruled out taking legal action against Macquarie Radio after accusations against Eels player Tim Smith - which proved false - were broadcast yesterday.

The accusations, made by a caller to the Ray Hadley morning show on 2GB and detailed on the station's website, included that Smith and fellow Eels player Eric Grothe were heavily intoxicated and misbehaving on Thursday night at the Intersection Tavern at Ramsgate, in Sydney's south.

The station's website said "Matt", who was at the hotel, had told Hadley that Smith and Grothe were "rotten drunk" and "acting really like they owned the place, knocking drinks over left, right and centre, while Timmy Smith was spitting like he was on the footy field".

Smith, who is out injured, had been warned by the club after being involved in a couple of alcohol-related incidents earlier in the season that if he drank alcohol again this season he risked having his contract torn up. But Eels football manager Tony Zappia and media manager Damian Kelly went to the pub yesterday and viewed CCTV footage, which showed Smith had been drinking only water and had not been involved in any incidents.

They said the footage showed none of the other Parramatta players present - Grothe, Daniel Wagon and Ben Smith - had been involved in any incidents, either, although Fitzgerald said Grothe and another person who was with the group but not connected to the club had been asked to leave because they were intoxicated. Tim Smith had already left.

Fitzgerald said he would address that issue with Grothe on Monday. Asked for his reaction to the allegations aired on radio about Tim Smith, Fitzgerald replied: "I'm upset about the treatment of it. I want to make further inquiries. I'm concerned about the veracity or otherwise of some of the accusations made on 2GB."

Kelly said the security footage showed someone accidentally knocking over a drink at the table at which the players were sitting.

Smith said yesterday: "I'm just happy that I've been cleared and that I can get on with trying to get back on the field before the season is over."

David Riolo, Smith's manager, said he felt sorry for his client, adding: "It's ridiculous, isn't it? What's the world coming to? I'm really disappointed this became such an issue on talkback radio when there was nothing to it."

mattyg

Bench
lol they are friends. They were at some sort of function together a few months ago i heard.