What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tim smith in the poo again?

Nickeel

Juniors
Leagueguy said:
The post above quoting that article must indicate something went on involving Smith. The chances of him being totally innocent in this seem about 50 to 1.

So are you paying out now, or will you have to speak to your financers? :lol:

Nick

Leagueguy

Juniors
It would appear that yes I am an idiot. Although I still don't think its a great idea for players to go out and get drunk during the week. Not so much about being ready for the game, more about being hungover at training the next day.

Nickeel

Juniors
Breadman said:

This was evidenced garnered from CCTV footage. Smith had water in front of him the whole night and left at 8.12pm (as per the timestamp) to go on a date with his girl (as per player testimonies).

Nick

El Diablo

Post Whore
Breadman said:
To all the Eels supporters saying he may have been completely straight and did absolutely nothing wrong. What do you honestly believe? No really what odds do you reckon? If the same story came out about another teams player would your belief be the same?

Considering the source of the allegations I would've questioned the crediblity of them.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hurriflatch said:
Well if speculation is not allwoed then this entire thread should be removed as it's all speculation.

Some people are specluating that Tim misbehaved
Others are speculating that Tim did nothing

While should only 1 form of specluation be banned?
Please try and adhere to the Mod instruction Hurriflatch. I'm reading what has been removed from this thread and you're having a shocker.

And FYI, the LU article you derided clearly says 'allegedly' - you need to read it properly before calling it a 'claim'.

As for the others, please keep it within the context of the media released and stick to the presumption of innocence.

Cammo

Bench
El Diablo said:
Considering the source of the allegations I would've questioned the crediblity of them.

When it's The Bulldogs you get on your high horse immediately

Nickeel

Juniors
Leagueguy said:
It would appear that yes I am an idiot. Although I still don't think its a great idea for players to go out and get drunk during the week. Not so much about being ready for the game, more about being hungover at training the next day.

I agree it is not a good idea.

Having said all of that, I am furious at Hadley. This report has gone out on AAP and is all over the place. Tim Smith has screwed up in the past but has from all reports been on the straight and narrow, and yet he has been painted as a criminal. All Hadley said following the Fitzgerald intv was "I'm glad to hear Tim Smith's in the clear." :roll:

Nick

Cammo

Bench
This reminds me of The Bulldogs Central Coast "incident" last year. They had a few drinks and were asked to leave and then left without any trouble, but the media beat it up to be some huge story about trouble being cause there.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Cammo said:
Nice sidestep

well i can't recall ever getting on my high horse over a Bulldogs allegation that was broken by Hadley

can you find where i have?

i was accused before of getting up the Dogs over Coffs only for the poster to later retract and say they were wrong after going through my posts on it

Eelectrica

Referee
The Dogs and Parra are in the sights of the media right now. If anyone from either club so much as jaywalks it's a national scandal and the worst crime ever.
Hope it's a Parra Vs Bulldogs grandfinal just to piss everyone off.

ibeme

First Grade
Willow said:
Found anymore hard evidence against the Chaser guy?

I thought the Cammo's claim was that the Chaser guy had fake Rohypnol packets among his props. I also thought that a photo was later posted which showed that to be correct.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Leagueguy said:
Tim Smith must have been drinking though. Regardless of whether he was drunk or not that is a violation of his ban. I just find it highly unlikely that we'll find out that Groethe was drinking and whoever else was there , while Tim Smith sat there totally sober.

is your last name Hadley ?