What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith > Jeff Robson

ouchie

Juniors
I strongly think that robson is not the type of halve we are looking for. He has a terrible kicking game and a poor passing game. However Tim Smith has a great kicking and passing game.

Therefore i think signing robson was a bad move as we should of taken the oppurtunity into signing tim smith back.

We have great backs and an awesome forward pack and now we jst lack our
halves experience as well, and having an experience halve like tim smith would of been a great mentor for our younger players like mortimer and k.k

Do you guys agree?
Please comment.

strider

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: .... look pete, someone made a thread just for you .... "please comment"

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hes a queenslander anyway we dont want him

we've got plenty of good stable Queenslanders in our squad..and 1 of them is a half/five-eight.

goodluck to Tim, I hope he does well for Easts/Broncos but he'll will not be missed at this club.

Western_Eel

Juniors
I had the sh*ts when they let him go but im not gonna keep crying about it like everyone else, morts and robson are far better then smith and finch so in the end im happy

Hallatia

Referee
I had the sh*ts when they let him go but im not gonna keep crying about it like everyone else, morts and robson are far better then smith and finch so in the end im happy
that's only because Finch sucks and was a terrible fit in our team. Tim Smith did have his problems, but I agree that he is better than Robson ... that said, I'm happy either way, Robson does a good job, has more maturity and a much better attitude to the game...

ouchie

Juniors

this is smith himself not smith and finch, obviously finch is sht giving smith a bad reputation.

I strongly think that robson is not the type of halve we are looking for. He has a terrible kicking game and a poor passing game. However Tim Smith has a great kicking and passing game.

Therefore i think signing robson was a bad move as we should of taken the oppurtunity into signing tim smith back.

halves experience as well, and having an experience halve like tim smith would of been a great mentor for our younger players like mortimer and k.k

Do you guys agree?
Please comment.
you are assuming that tim smith was turned down by parramatta i dont think its that cut and dried i dont remember seeing a quote from him that he wanted to return to the eels but wasn't made an offer or a quote from anyone at the club saying he wasn't welcome here

p.s. take your rose coloured glasses off mate ive seen tim smith have plenty of shockers as well as his "great kicking and passing game" he could be brilliant at times but he was just too erratic, if he could get his life back in order and play consistantly at his best he would be a great asset but its a gamble who's to say as soon as he was back under the media spotlight he wouldn't fall back into his bad habits again?

Phillips

Referee
I hope Tim Smith makes the Broncos No7 his own. That'll mean they are no longer a threat.

yeah! because those pin point accurate kicks and cut out passes to the likes of Folau, Hodges and Yow Yeh wont threaten anyone. :sarcasm:

Hallatia

Referee
I hope Tim Smith kills it at the Broncos, he has a lot of talent abd I would hate to see it go to waste, even if it means his talent helping the Broncos...

thebrunks

Juniors

Do you guys agree?
Please comment.

C'mon please!!!!!

Jeff Robson is the heart & soul of what Parramatta Eels is all about!!!!

Guys who have no where near the talent of others,but are 100% commited, 100% of the time!!!!!!

As Phil Gould would say, he's not the best player, but we can win with him!

Give me Jeff Robson anyday over Tim Smith!
What does Robson bring that Smith doesn't....LEADERSHIP & MATURITY, plain & simple! What does Parra need in the Halves, is leadership & maturity!

We already have a great halfback in the making, he will be the best No.7 Parramatta has seen since Sterlo. It's in his blood!

Robson is the man he can look to for guidance.
To me he's not far behind the Hindmarsh brother, Cayless & now Fui Fui.

This is like the Finch argument. Parra wouldn't have gone anywhere if Finch remained, he's not a leader!

Parra needs leadership to win a Premiership, plain & simple.

Russ

Latest posts