What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith > Jeff Robson

Fathead

Bench
C'mon please!!!!!

Jeff Robson is the heart & soul of what Parramatta Eels is all about!!!!

Guys who have no where near the talent of others,but are 100% commited, 100% of the time!!!!!!

As Phil Gould would say, he's not the best player, but we can win with him!

Give me Jeff Robson anyday over Tim Smith!
What does Robson bring that Smith doesn't....LEADERSHIP & MATURITY, plain & simple! What does Parra need in the Halves, is leadership & maturity!

Russ

:clap: Onya Russ !!

bartman

Immortal
Tim Smith was a flash in the pan, a one year wonder. I'd hate Tim Smith to be mentoring our younger guys about anything, except maybe where to get an arm full of tattoos.

People only have to look at his woeful form for Wenty and in those final 3 or 4 games for Parra, and his underwhelming form in the UK comp where he ended up second string to (and discarded for) a local 20 year old to get a perspective that it isn't 2005 anymore.... :D

Robson performed consistently at the top NRL level only last year, and his defense is miles better than Tim could dream of - and was an important contribution to how well our side went. I'm more than happy the club "chose" to sign Robson over Smith, I really don't think it was a big dilemma in terms of who would be the best value even on minimum contract.

PJ Marshal

Coach
I strongly think that robson is not the type of halve we are looking for. He has a terrible kicking game and a poor passing game. However Tim Smith has a great kicking and passing game.

Therefore i think signing robson was a bad move as we should of taken the oppurtunity into signing tim smith back.

We have great backs and an awesome forward pack and now we jst lack our
halves experience as well, and having an experience halve like tim smith would of been a great mentor for our younger players like mortimer and k.k

Do you guys agree?
Please comment.

i think your a moron you leave rob jeffson alone

lucablight

First Grade
Tim Smith was a flash in the pan, a one year wonder. I'd hate Tim Smith to be mentoring our younger guys about anything, except maybe where to get an arm full of tattoos.

People only have to look at his woeful form for Wenty and in those final 3 or 4 games for Parra, and his underwhelming form in the UK comp where he ended up second string to (and discarded for) a local 20 year old to get a perspective that it isn't 2005 anymore.... :D

Robson performed consistently at the top NRL level only last year, and his defense is miles better than Tim could dream of - and was an important contribution to how well our side went. I'm more than happy the club "chose" to sign Robson over Smith, I really don't think it was a big dilemma in terms of who would be the best value even on minimum contract.

Wow there is so much wrong with this post it's not funny.

Saying he was a one year wonder is just plain wrong. He was coming good at the end of 2006 before he was injured and in 2007 he was behind only Thurston for try assists in 2007 and a huge part of the late season surge. As for early 2008 can you tell me how the rest of the team was going? As for his "underwhelming form" in the UK yes he was playing for Wigan reserves but why did you leave out the fact he won numerous man of the match awards near the end of his stint?

I seem to recall Eric Grothe Jr having an armful of tattoos and a less than stellar 2008 and he was one of the best performers of 2009.

If you think Robson is a better choice then you are entitled to your opinion but it's pretty obvious you're leaving out all the facts because you have a personal dislike for Tim Smith.

Personally, I'll reserve my judgment and only time will tell if we made the correct decision.

natheel

Coach
id have robson over smith...we have a rookie in our halves in morts and with robson giving the leadership and maturity in the halves morts can relax and take control and give robson freedom to do what ever he wants too. personally robson has a better running game than smith and is more level headed which is what we need in the halves.

ando will give robson and morts first crack with KK on the bench from rd 1 and give KK some time in the no. 7 in the trials to prep him.

PJ Marshal

Coach
what we all really need to accept about tim smith is this

Smith%2cTim%202010NRLH_657520_p.jpg

he plays for the ponies now

natheel

Coach
hope he goes well, but in all honesty cant see it going good for him tbh

just wondering did he ever get into trouble in england?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hes a queenslander anyway we dont want him

so is Humble

I've never rated Robson and I dont see him playing too many NRL games this year, as for Tim Smith, everything has already been said and he's no longer an Eel so who cares ?

^b0ss^

Juniors
what a load of crap ..

if he was good enough he would be there. To be a great footy player you have to be more then just a footy player drunks dont make it anymore.

you cant spend ya time drinking when ya not training and expect to keep up.

end of story move on.

he had his chance here ....and a good chance at that. i would hate to see robson go after getting us to the grandfinal....

parra pete

Referee
hope he goes well, but in all honesty cant see it going good for him tbh

just wondering did he ever get into trouble in england?

I'm saying nothing because it was hearsay and from the Wigan fans forum...unsubstantiated stuff...and it is not always 'where there is smoke their is fire'

I am pleased to see so many forumites finally accepting, "Hey Parra Pete may have been right all along about Smithy"....

strider

Post Whore
I'm saying nothing because it was hearsay and from the Wigan fans forum...unsubstantiated stuff...and it is not always 'where there is smoke their is fire'

I am pleased to see so many forumites finally accepting, "Hey Parra Pete may have been right all along about Smithy"....
I think the majority of ppl openly said it aswell a long time ago ..... they just chose not to shout it out in every f'n thread they could possibly twist into a tim smith bash

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I still think he was a victim of bad timing and bad coaching. We saw what he could do but Finch didn't offer any playmaking assistance and Tim felt the whole attack was on his shoulders. Hard to take as a 2nd year NRL player. Which is why I think Robson and Mortimer will be better this year. Robson guides the team around and Mortimer can assist in setting up the attack. It also helps to have Hayne and Mateo playing well and the forwards getting some go forward.

natheel

Coach

well even so if its just rumours he couldve mucked up in england seriously what the hell is he gunna do in brisbane? hes a short drive from goldy and brissy has a decent nightlife from what i hear.

imo he wont break grade this year i dont think....well maybe if lockyer is injured though

Latest posts