What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith > Jeff Robson

parra pete

Referee
I think the majority of ppl openly said it aswell a long time ago ..... they just chose not to shout it out in every f'n thread they could possibly twist into a tim smith bash

Do you have to use f'n in every thread. It does you know favours having such a limited vocabulary.
Do you actually 'think' or do you run with the hares.....

parra pete

Referee
well even so if its just rumours he couldve mucked up in england seriously what the hell is he gunna do in brisbane? hes a short drive from goldy and brissy has a decent nightlife from what i hear.

imo he wont break grade this year i dont think....well maybe if lockyer is injured though

You read into what you like. Just don't post unsubstantiated rumour or gossip on this thread...

strider

Post Whore
Do you have to use f'n in every thread. It does you know favours having such a limited vocabulary.
Do you actually 'think' or do you run with the hares.....
I like when ppl give you a lecture about vocabulary and make major mistakes in doing so :lol: :lol:

no hares - i'm just a sheep remember ... baaaaaaaa

Eelementary

Post Whore
I strongly think that robson is not the type of halve we are looking for. He has a terrible kicking game and a poor passing game. However Tim Smith has a great kicking and passing game.

Therefore i think signing robson was a bad move as we should of taken the oppurtunity into signing tim smith back.

We have great backs and an awesome forward pack and now we jst lack our
halves experience as well, and having an experience halve like tim smith would of been a great mentor for our younger players like mortimer and k.k

Do you guys agree?
Please comment.

Go away

jk13

First Grade
people demand success immediately in bonkoville. there'll probably be more pressure on timmy than ever at para, especially if they slide with a crap forward pack. will be interesting to watch if he ever makes it onto the field

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Look on Tim Smith, in my opinion if he was still at Parramatta when Anderson was still coaching and Osbourne was CEO I reckon he would've stayed.

He's a good player, nice kicking game, good passing too. His off field attitude wasn't great which didnt help his onfield performances.

He had plenty of potential at Parramatta and I dont think the club did enough to try and change his attitude and keep him, but he's gone now, so lets move on now.

Jeff Robson, isnt a great player. However he does do a fine job, his kicking game isnt spot on, but has got great defence and a nice passing game. Reads the play well and barely makes a mistake. I think we're yet the see the best of Robson.

I am happy with the halves combination we've got, Mortimer is an excellent player and I again I dont think we've seen the best of him yet.

Besides they got us to the Grand Final, lets hope they go one better.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'd wager that Joel Reddy would say Jeff Robson has a decent kicking game - thanks to his kick, Reddy can claim a Grand Final try.

As for Tim and the club - why would you want to help a guy when you say, "Stop drinking," and next thing you know he's at the Tollgate getting smashed?

Tim Smith was a grown man, acted up and we rightly parted ways with him. I wish him good luck but he was a disaster at that stage and he, quite frankly, brought it upon himself.

parra pete

Referee
I like when ppl give you a lecture about vocabulary and make major mistakes in doing so :lol: :lol:

no hares - i'm just a sheep remember ... baaaaaaaa

Oh know.....

I like it when people correct you and they too, make major mistakes in doing so>

:lol: ...And Strides you are a country member. Remember? ;-) A sheep baaaa.

Last edited:

sooperdooper

First Grade
I'd wager that Joel Reddy would say Jeff Robson has a decent kicking game - thanks to his kick, Reddy can claim a Grand Final try.

As for Tim and the club - why would you want to help a guy when you say, "Stop drinking," and next thing you know he's at the Tollgate getting smashed?

Tim Smith was a grown man, acted up and we rightly parted ways with him. I wish him good luck but he was a disaster at that stage and he, quite frankly, brought it upon himself.

first of all, i would just like to know... where is it Tim actually broke the rules?

I am sick of the talk but we all know he is the best half option this club has had in 2 decades... it is a shame he cant control himself off the field

big boppa eel

Juniors
I strongly think that robson is not the type of halve we are looking for. He has a terrible kicking game and a poor passing game. However Tim Smith has a great kicking and passing game.

Therefore i think signing robson was a bad move as we should of taken the oppurtunity into signing tim smith back.

We have great backs and an awesome forward pack and now we jst lack our
halves experience as well, and having an experience halve like tim smith would of been a great mentor for our younger players like mortimer and k.k

Do you guys agree?
Please comment.
Please please please, no more Tim Smith threads, f**k me get over it you clown/s, and just quietly Robson was a big part of our roll on last year, so I am begging please no more.

Eelementary

Post Whore
first of all, i would just like to know... where is it Tim actually broke the rules?

I am sick of the talk but we all know he is the best half option this club has had in 2 decades... it is a shame he cant control himself off the field

Yoy can't be serious? He had to call someone from the club to come pick him up ffs because he was so drunk. This afte being told to stop drinking.

You want to prattle on endlessly about how good he was - fine. But stop making excuses for him and stop defending him for his actions.

And ftr in YOUR opinion he was our best half option of the last 20 years.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Yoy can't be serious? He had to call someone from the club to come pick him up ffs because he was so drunk. This afte being told to stop drinking.

You want to prattle on endlessly about how good he was - fine. But stop making excuses for him and stop defending him for his actions.

And ftr in YOUR opinion he was our best half option of the last 20 years.

haha you buy into that story that he called someone from the club?
you must like reading the Tele...
The guy got in trouble for waiting for the pub to open... no problem with that.
I am not making any excuses as he didnt do anything wrong...

have you jumped off the end of fui yet?

Eelementary

Post Whore
haha you buy into that story that he called someone from the club?
you must like reading the Tele...
The guy got in trouble for waiting for the pub to open... no problem with that.
I am not making any excuses as he didnt do anything wrong...

have you jumped off the end of fui yet?
What? I'm not even talking about that incident. I happen to know of another incident first-hand which reared it's ugly head which explains my dislike for him.

As for that Fui comment, what exactly are you getting at? That I'm gay for Fui? Grow up.

I have my opinion of him and you have yours. I don't buy into the media. I go by first hand experiences and he left several sour tastes in my mind and I am happy to see the back of him. End of.

Strange as it may be for you to believe, the players have lives outside of football. Just so happens Tim and I crossed paths on a few occasions a few years ago and it was not a highlight.

If you don't like reading about how I dislike him, then ignore it. If you want to debate it, fine. But I had the chance to interact with him and it didn't go well and thus I reserve my right to be annoyed.

Last edited:

Latest posts