What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith on the drink??

Nickeel

Juniors
This aired on Raaaaaay's program at 11:32 (SOURCE: 2GB):

Email: Peter says he was at the establishment where the Parramatta Eels players were drinking last night and even though some were drinking they were not out of control. Hadley says the General Manager of the establishment has told him that several players were refused service for being too drunk. Hadley says you have to be "fully loaded" to be refused service in most pubs.

:roll: At the last bit in bold.

Nick

Kornstar said:
Yeah, that's the one. They spoke to the Operator of the club and he said it was simple, one of the group was refused service, so they all had to leave......the media made it sound like they were criminals......it appears we are the new Bulldogs :(

I agree its probably a storm in a tea cup, however Timmy was told not to drink for the rest of the year or penalties would be enforced.

Be interesting to see how it unfolds.

If his big enough to do the crime so to speak.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
im gunna drink til i get kicked out tonight so that i can sympathise with him :(

fish eel

Immortal
Hellsy said:
Oh Timmy............... what are you doing to yourself??

And what is he doing to the reputation of our club?

If I get home, put the news on, and read we've sacked him, can't say I'd be sorry. A lot of water to pass under the bridge of this story before it gets to that stage though....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Pretty upset about this if true, wasn't T Smith having no alcohol a self discipline thing, not enforced by the club like some are making out.

I think if he had a couple that would be ok, aslong as he was in control, but if he is rotten drunk.....i have my doubts.

The market is very thin on good halfbacks at the moment, we can't afford to loose him.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I got kicked out of the Rosie once

Does that mean I get to play halfback next week??

sorry couldn't resist.

Hellsy

Immortal
fish eel said:
And what is he doing to the reputation of our club?

If I get home, put the news on, and read we've sacked him, can't say I'd be sorry. A lot of water to pass under the bridge of this story before it gets to that stage though....

Yeah I'd like to know the full truth first.
I don't wnat to see him sacked though
I want to see him helped

Hurriflatch

Referee
I don't want to see him sacked

but Tim would have no one to blame but himself if there is proven to be enough in this story for him to be sacked.

fish eel

Immortal
Hellsy said:
Yeah I'd like to know the full truth first.
I don't wnat to see him sacked though
I want to see him helped

Yeah, I'm sitting in judgement until I see how it unfolds.

Club officials are currently viewing the footage.

But if Tim has gone astray again, that's it for me. This club is bigger than any individual player.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Good point Hellsy, but if a player is not allowed to drink, which is a legal thing to do.....i don't know.

So what if he had a few drinks, just aslong as he didn't make a scene and was well mannered.

Grothe Jr i thought was generally a good sport on the drink...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I hope that person who emailed Ray is happy, a bloke has possibly lost his job for doing what normal people do, having a drink and mucking around.

StEely Matt

Juniors
Oh so much comes to mind...
  • you cant trust an anonymous e-mail like that... Ray is obviously an idiot in regards to this
  • As other people have said, it doesnt take much to be kicked out ogf a pub. I worked at bars for 6years and stupid behavious (eg. Grothe banging on wall) is all you need to be kicked out - this doesnt meant you have to be drunk
  • Tim would no jeapordise his contract like this, no chance in hell (Plus his good old drinking sidekick Piggy wasnt there ;-) )
  • Tim has a life, too! He is only young and if he wants to go out to a pub with a few of the guys and have a couple of drinks, then so be it. Although he is on his self imposed ban, I am sure if you are out for the season it wouldnt affect him too much
  • Living in Cronulla, I see a lot of the footy boys out at Northies. The behaviour that I have seen there that has never made it to the news/radio/newpaper is crazy... we all see it and nothing seems to get out. You dont wanna know, and even if I said it, it would just be a guy writing a post on a website - no credibility, right ;-) ? (lets hope Rayyyy doesn't look at this)
  • As for coming up to a big game for us - EVERY GAME IS A BIG GAME! Gimme a break guys...
Had some other stuff to say but cant remember... too much haha!