What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith on the drink??

Parra2006

Juniors
Eels officials clear Smith of wrongdoing
Friday, August 18, 2006 - 1:43 PM

Parramatta rugby league club officials have cleared halfback Tim Smith of any wrongdoing after an allegation he was involved in a drunken incident.

The finding came after a radio station report that Smith was allegedly refused service and kicked out of a Sydney pub along with teammate Eric Grothe.

"He's in the clear," Eels CEO Denis Fitzgerald told Macquarie Radio.

"The thing that I'm particularly worried about is Tim Smith, given that we have agreed with Tim after a previous incident that he wouldn't be drinking alcohol until the end of the season.

"Tim wasn't seen to be drinking alcohol, but what was in front of him on the CCTV was in fact water, and the other guys have confirmed that he had not been drinking alcohol."

Fitzgerald confirmed Smith had left the premises before a group of patrons - including winger Eric Grothe - was asked by management to leave.

"In fact the CCTV showed that he left the hotel at 8.12pm - apparently they got there about 5.30pm - but he left at 8.12 and he was going out on a dinner date with his girlfriend," Fitzgerald said.

"There were just two people who were asked to leave, one was Eric Grothe and another regular there at the hotel."

Smith was warned by Parramatta in June that he would be fined $10,000 and his contract would be in jeopardy if he was caught drinking again after several alcohol-related incidents

www.nrl.com.au

V1er

Juniors
Anyone know if raaaay accepted he was in the wrong and appolized to tim? i highly doubt it, perhaps when hell freezes over.

Hellsy

Immortal
strider said:
OK .... just recapping the days events:

4) Timmy is a good boy
5) Eric is a pisspot (bad eric ... alcohol is baaaaad okayyyy)

:LOL: :LOL:
I don't think Eric functions without beer/bourbon :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

fish eel

Immortal
eeelectroshooting? said:
shame on all of you that condemned Timmy before the facts came out. Calls for sackings and fines. tsk tsk.

Nobody wanted to see anybody sacked. Nobody wanted to see the club have to make that decision.

I am thrilled Tim has been cleared.

The Colonel

Immortal
Can we limit the Hadley bashing folks, while we may not like him his past record in regard to forums speaks volumes so lets tone it done.....

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Can we limit the Hadley bashing folks, while we may not like him his past record in regard to forums speaks volumes so lets tone it done.....

What record? And why did you edit my post, if I said the same thing about Willie Mason it would have been allowed.

Hadley is a DISGRACE, edit that too if you wish it doesn't change my opinion.

strider

Post Whore
Sorry - but I thought I did very well to not bash Ray .... I used another choice word in that post that u edited then changed it to a totally tame word .... and what I said is nothing he wouldn't throw at someone else in his lame arse songs of a weekend

if ray's gonna throw mud, he should expect a bit back

The Colonel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
What record? And why did you edit my post, if I said the same thing about Willie Mason it would have been allowed.

Hadley is a DISGRACE, edit that too if you wish it doesn't change my opinion.

His past record in having forums shut down......

And had you said the same about Mason it wouldn't have been allowed.

The Colonel

Immortal
strider said:
Sorry - but I thought I did very well to not bash Ray .... I used another choice word in that post that u edited then changed it to a totally tame word .... and what I said is nothing he wouldn't throw at someone else in his lame arse songs of a weekend

if ray's gonna throw mud, he should expect a bit back

He probably should but then I'm not sure the site owners want to take the risk.

strider

Post Whore
Fair enough .... btw - I'd like my "eric's a pisspot" statement censored also ... cheers

;-) ;-) :D

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The Colonel said:
His past record in having forums shut down......

My apologies, I thought you meant he'd done something good (for a change) and the site didn't want anyone talking about him like that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
my mate rang me up and told me that guru and timmy had been thrown out a pub and i sh*t bricks. but good to see timmy sticking to his promise and i luv ya work rayyyy!!!!! not

cardinal said:
Tim agreed not to drink for the rest of the season after 3 times being in strife on the drink, I am glads he has know case to answer because as far as football talent goes I love him, but do not for one minute compare him to everyone else in the nrl because he is on his last chance whether he has one drink or 20 and he has put himself in this spot.

HA! you've been sucked into his trial by media. these three times hes been in strife are?
  1. santa incident..... determined to be nothing in it
  2. turning up to training drunk. bad move timmay. but look at how the team was travelling, who can blame him for messing up (20yrs old remember - they're not angels.)
  3. incident with michael clarke. turned out to be nothing in this either, more clarke instigating this incident. with tim leaving the establishment.
where's the strife i ask u? the answer is in the tarnished image of the club and his name because of slow news days. he goes on a self-induced drinking ban to save his image of a role model, an image which was thrust upon him whether he liked it or not.

he has done NOTHING wrong, and doesnt deserve to be on his last chance.

mickdo

Coach
eeelectroshooting? said:
HA! you've been sucked into his trial by media. these three times hes been in strife are?
  1. santa incident..... determined to be nothing in it
  2. turning up to training drunk. bad move timmay. but look at how the team was travelling, who can blame him for messing up (20yrs old remember - they're not angels.)
  3. incident with michael clarke. turned out to be nothing in this either, more clarke instigating this incident. with tim leaving the establishment.
where's the strife i ask u? the answer is in the tarnished image of the club and his name because of slow news days. he goes on a self-induced drinking ban to save his image of a role model, an image which was thrust upon him whether he liked it or not.

he has done NOTHING wrong, and doesnt deserve to be on his last chance.
Agreed. He was made a scapegoat because of the way Parra were travelling at the time, which has since been shown to be more related to the coaching situation. Tim wasn't blameless himself, but he certainly didn't deserve the amount of sh*t he had to cop.

Latest posts