What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith on the drink??

crusader-eel

Juniors
I thought it had been too long since the Eels had bad press :x

It's all be good lately, and some people, namely Hadley probably couldn't stand it!

Glenn

First Grade
Well done to Timmy for sticking to his promise :clap:

Seems like horsehead needs to check all the facts before spurting the crap.:^o

As for Guru Jnr #-o

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Raaayyyy has to learn that somethings you read on the net arnt true...ffs my 5 yr old niece knows this!
How would he like if someone made such acusations about his family member or someone close to him!
I would hate to be a league player for reason like this.....you cant even blink anymore!!!! Imagne how timmy's parents would of felt hearing this news before he had the chance to explain!!!

parra pete

Referee
fish eel said:
You wouldnt be concerned, Pete, about players being in the drink mid week at this stage of the season?

Direct quote from club manager on the midday GB news:

"We cut them off. We have have a policy that when we cut one off, we cut the group off"

They are human..... Have a beer like everyone else. It is Thursday night..They don't play until Sunday.....What's the problem??? Probably do them good. Just don't get pissed and carry on like dickheads.....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yes I disappointed in Guru he should know better.

Also they werent thrown out, they were asked to leave. No arguements, no fights, they left in an orderly fashion.

Well done to Wags as well.

Hurriflatch said:
*edit*

As for the actual incident if there is proven to be something in it then Wagon should be congratulated for his actions, Grothe should be fined and Timmy I've got to say should be dragged over hot coals given a massive fine ($10,000 if not more), forced to do some sort of community work and even put in a AA program.

but as I said lets wait until the FULL STORY comes out not just some idiot who email Hadley

why fine them for drinking?

cardinal said:
Because if he continues to be out getting drunk they will end up sacking him, just like Seymour it was not the first time he had been in strife while on the drink. Tim agreed not to drink for the rest of the year and you say he is out for the season but JT and Tim himself say he is a good chance to be back for the finals. I would rather see him doing everything in his power to get back, don't think getting pissed is on that list.

if they sacked everyone for drinking, there'd be noone left in the NRL. dont u dare compare smiths actions to seymour's.

cardinal

Juniors
eeelectroshooting? said:
if they sacked everyone for drinking, there'd be noone left in the NRL. dont u dare compare smiths actions to seymour's.

Tim agreed not to drink for the rest of the season after 3 times being in strife on the drink, I am glads he has know case to answer because as far as football talent goes I love him, but do not for one minute compare him to everyone else in the nrl because he is on his last chance whether he has one drink or 20 and he has put himself in this spot.

The Colonel

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
If you all take off the blue and gold glasses for a minute, the reports seems credible and Tim Smith must surely be on his last legs - as opposed to last night when he was legless....

Anyway, being drunk is one thing but if he was spitting it's not acceptable.

So does it still seem credible? :roll:

strider

Post Whore
OK .... just recapping the days events:

4) Timmy is a good boy
5) Eric is a pisspot (bad eric ... alcohol is baaaaad okayyyy)

Latest posts