What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith on the drink??

Hindyscrack

Bench
Yep,

Its a sad day when headline news is people being intoxicated... How many thousands of times does this happen around Australia each week?

Gronk

Staff member
Guru was on the drink and was asked to leave but nothing in it.

Thats it.

Nickeel

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Have you got a link for that Nick?

Yeah, as I mentioned in the NRL forum, I don't have a link. As I may have alluded in the past, I work at a certain unnamed company that monitors the media, so I have access to this stuff, as well as listening to the audio for myself.

Nick

Hellsy

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Good point Hellsy, but if a player is not allowed to drink, which is a legal thing to do.....i don't know.

So what if he had a few drinks, just aslong as he didn't make a scene and was well mannered.

Grothe Jr i thought was generally a good sport on the drink...

Don't get me wrong, Timmy will be in some trouble for it.. he was doing so well....
But unless Guru has done something really stupid then I don't think anything should happen to him... he has not been in trouble or told by the club not to drink before

The Colonel

Immortal
Nickeel said:
Yeah, as I mentioned in the NRL forum, I don't have a link. As I may have alluded in the past, I work at a certain unnamed company that monitors the media, so I have access to this stuff, as well as listening to the audio for myself.

Nick

Cheers mate.... just thought you may have a link is all.

Nickeel

Juniors
As I provided earlier, here is the summary of the interview between Hadley and Fitzgerald at 12:32 on 2GB:

Hadley interviews Parramatta Eels CEO Dennis Fitzgerald. Hadley says Fitzgerald and his staff have looked at video footage from the Intersection Tavern at Ramsgate after claims were made that some Eels players were misbehaving last night. Fitzgerald says he has spoken to Eels media manager Damien Kelly and football manager Tony Zappia as well as the General Manager of the hotel. Fitzgerald says he was particularly worried about Tim Smith, given that the player agreed not to drink alcohol until the end of the season. Fitzgerald says it has been shown that Smith was not involved in any drinking or any problems. Fitzgerald says Eric Grothe and another regular were asked to leave not Smith. Fitzgerald says Grothe and the other man left with no incident. Hadley says Daniel Wagon acted very responsibly. Fitzgerald says the club will consider taking action against Grothe. Hadley asks if coach Jason Taylor gave the team a couple of days off following their excellent form. Fitzgerald says that was the case but that shouldn't excuse any player getting to an intoxicated state. Hadley asks if alcohol is such a big problem because none of the players have jobs outside of playing and training. Fitzgerald says they encourage players to study, apprenticeships or part-time work. Fitzgerald says the more players that can get involved in things like that, the situation will improve. Fitzgerald says he is disappointed that Grothe got to a stage where he was inebriated and is sure other players will be too. Hadley says the NRL need to carefully consider allegations made against NRL board member Gorden Tallis.

So there you have it.

Nick

eel4life

Juniors
Timmy did NOTHING WRONG

Just heard it on 2GB aswell, Grothe was the person who had too much to drink so i guess he will be dealt with internally.

Anyways at least Dennis cleared it all up for everyone.

Daniel Wagon did the right thing, again good to see that timmy is acting responsibly for himself more importantly.

El Diablo

Post Whore
So did Ray apoligise for reading anonomous emails full of lies?

something needs to be done about Hadley

Nickeel

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Cheers mate.... just thought you may have a link is all.

No worries. I would never post anything unsubstantiated or libelious. Might I say, you're doing a great job, Big C. :D

Nick

mickdo

Coach
El Diablo said:
So did Ray apoligise for reading anonomos emails full of lies?

something needs to be done about Hadley
Are you kidding? I'll bet he's saying he was vindicated.

Cammo

Bench
Hadley at it again eh? He has it in for us for ages and he looks to be going tough on you guys lately too.

The day he is finally off our airwaves forever will be one of the greatest in history.