What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith

macavity

Referee
thoughts?

looks like the slipperys are giving him the boot.

should we make an offer? no disrespect to Scotty and Walsh, but Smith would be a fantastic addition to our team, on field at least. Smith and Mullo in the halves looks pretty damn good.

IMO he also played his best footy under Smith - 2005.

might be a long shot, and he may be a dick off the field, but I reckon its worth a shot.

Jono078

Referee
Ever since my neighbour told me that we got a new halfback Tim Smith has slowly been getting out of the Parra good books..

And now it seems like he'll be sacked.

Wouldnt be the worst signing, probably would be a good one consider Mullen is injury prone and the question marks over Walsh's health.

Then there is Dureau, Karawana and Bailey... So yeh be good if we got him.

PrideKnight

Bench
I think we have our fair share of bad boys, all we need is smith and naquima becoming fast friends and hitting the turps all the time...

Bicey_18

Bench
Apparently he is suspended indefinitely.. but is still under contract with the club... Fitzgerald says he will not lose his contract.

Surprise, surprise...

Smith suspended indefinitely

December 14, 2007

TROUBLED Parramatta halfback Tim Smith has been suspended indefinitely by the Eels, after repeated alcohol-fuelled incidents.

The player remains on contract with the club, and Parrammata say the most important issue is his health...

He has now booked himself into full time rehab interstate.

Smith has been involved in several alcohol-related off-field dramas in recent seasons and the club warned him just last week to stay off the drink or he'd be sacked.

Parramatta CEO Dennis Fitzgerald has confirmed Smith was seen intoxicated yesterday morning but says he won't lose his contract.

Teammates Mark Riddell and Brett Finch had urged the club not to get rid of him, but to help him get back on track.

More to follow.

Foxsports.com.au

NthKnight

Bicey_18 said:
Apparently he is suspended indefinitely.. but is still under contract with the club... Fitzgerald says he will not lose his contract.

Surprise, surprise...

Smith suspended indefinitely

December 14, 2007

TROUBLED Parramatta halfback Tim Smith has been suspended indefinitely by the Eels, after repeated alcohol-fuelled incidents.

The player remains on contract with the club, and Parrammata say the most important issue is his health...

He has now booked himself into full time rehab interstate.

Smith has been involved in several alcohol-related off-field dramas in recent seasons and the club warned him just last week to stay off the drink or he'd be sacked.

Parramatta CEO Dennis Fitzgerald has confirmed Smith was seen intoxicated yesterday morning but says he won't lose his contract.

Teammates Mark Riddell and Brett Finch had urged the club not to get rid of him, but to help him get back on track.

More to follow.

Foxsports.com.au

Thank god. The last thing we need is another lazy piss head, especially after just getting rid of the last lot.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
I think having a player like Smith can boost up our title chances a great deal. Him and mullo could be a very dangerous combination, should have known Parra would be all talk and no action, in saying that i spose we gave joey a few chances.

Bicey_18

Bench
Just thought of something.... Newcastle always had that reputation of a "drinking" culture.. like mates enjoying themselves with a few drinks etc. Now Hagan we all know had the knack of being one of the boys and wasnt strict on lateness to training etc. Now we have had the Bathurst incident in 05 and im sure there was a minor incident in Townsville last year? Hagan leaves, Smith enters and wants to change the "drinking" culture of the club and reinforces rules on the team bout the consequences of turning up late etc .. and we havent really had any major problems in regards to alcohol.

Hagan arrives at Parra and already they have had a few incidents in regards to alcohol... Riddell, Finch and T Smith.. No wonder the players love Hagan and hated Smith

Is it just a coincidence?

PrideKnight

Bench
Theres something in that Bicey, makes the players more suggestible to Mick's more "pressing" demands. Thought to counter that, smith and riddell had problems when Brian was there too...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Bicey_18 said:
Just thought of something.... Newcastle always had that reputation of a "drinking" culture.. like mates enjoying themselves with a few drinks etc. Now Hagan we all know had the knack of being one of the boys and wasnt strict on lateness to training etc. Now we have had the Bathurst incident in 05 and im sure there was a minor incident in Townsville last year? Hagan leaves, Smith enters and wants to change the "drinking" culture of the club and reinforces rules on the team bout the consequences of turning up late etc .. and we havent really had any major problems in regards to alcohol.

Hagan arrives at Parra and already they have had a few incidents in regards to alcohol... Riddell, Finch and T Smith.. No wonder the players love Hagan and hated Smith

Is it just a coincidence?

you make a very good point!

Bicey_18

Bench
Parra fans are talking bout how they are concerned about the "drinking culture" the club has...

Sounds so familiar doesnt it?

I know Smith and Riddell had a few problems with Brian but you have to ask yourself.. are they getting worse with Hagan?

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
it's a good point Bicey... but IMO it's not just Hagan that's need to grow some balls. Parra said they would SACK smith for one more bad thing. He has done that bad thing, so why hasn't his contract being ripped up. Well done to them for setting an example, we did the same thing to Joey and look where we got him.

Bicey_18

Bench
sneaky_is_here said:
it's a good point Bicey... but IMO it's not just Hagan that's need to grow some balls. Parra said they would SACK smith for one more bad thing. He has done that bad thing, so why hasn't his contract being ripped up. Well done to them for setting an example, we did the same thing to Joey and look where we got him.

Oh no doubt.. Its all on their CEO.. like you and most ppl I would say that Smith's contract should have been torn up, they talk big and say they will do one thing.. but completely do another. No balls at all.

I was just saying in regards to the culture of the club and knowing what Hagan is like as a coach.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I don't think it'd be a bad thing if Parra ended up sacking him and we made a play for him. IMO he's got a very good future ahead of him if he can get his head around these supposed "drinking problems" and perhaps Brian might be the one who could knock it out of him should the opportunity arise.

keeney

First Grade
As said, Brian has got his best footy out of him to date, I don't know if he still had alcohol problems that year, but I'd love us to make a play for him. ATM he is a cut above Walsh adn Dureau.

Yosh

Coach
He is a good halfback if you ask me... and I think him and Mullo could work together very well... he would also be very cheap for the first year or so, and probably just upgrade his contract after a while...

also since joey has been coaching him, maybe Joey can influence him to come over? I would love to have him playing for us....:D

Latest posts