What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Smith

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Bring it home Knights said:
you make a very good point!

No he doesn't, Tim Smith and Mark Riddell were both dropped over a drinking incident in 2006 while Michael Hagan was still coaching you and Brian Smith had just left us. If you want to bash Hagan at least make a reasonably factual point.

Bicey_18

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
No he doesn't, Tim Smith and Mark Riddell were both dropped over a drinking incident in 2006 while Michael Hagan was still coaching you and Brian Smith had just left us. If you want to bash Hagan at least make a reasonably factual point.

We hit a nerve...

Face it, your club has no balls.. simple as that. They say they will do one thing and then turn around and do another. Quite pathetic.

As for bashing Hagan, having him as coach certainly wont help the likes of Smith....

Bicey_18

Bench
Its no coincidence that since Brian has been in charge we have had no incidents regarding alcohol....

Brian leaves Parra and well and behold... Players are cheering cos they know they can do what they want with no risk of losing their contracts

perverse

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
letting go of marsh was stupid.. and now your disciplinary issues are worsening.. the wheels are beginning to loosen on the hagen bandwagon already... and i gave yas another year before the signs were evident.

supercoach. lol.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bicey_18 said:
We hit a nerve...

Face it, your club has no balls.. simple as that. They say they will do one thing and then turn around and do another. Quite pathetic.

As for bashing Hagan, having him as coach certainly wont help the likes of Smith....

can you provide a link that suggests that we would sack him???

as ussual your full of sh*t, mate. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
perverse said:
letting go of marsh was stupid.. and now your disciplinary issues are worsening.. the wheels are beginning to loosen on the hagen bandwagon already... and i gave yas another year before the signs were evident.

supercoach. lol.

Marsh's departure meant that we can re-sign Hayne and more than likely INU and also fastrack one of the hottest young hookers going around, Anthony Mitchell.

Marsh will not be as bigger loss as you think.

Alex28

Coach
This is Todd Carney all over again.

"One more time and we'll sack you"

"Er...one more time from NOW and we'll sack you"

It just goes to show that Parra have no options besides Tim Smith (just like Canberra and Todd Carney) and they'll let him do whatever he wants with weak punishments as a result.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bicey_18 said:
We hit a nerve...

Bicey_18 said:
Another "Scoop" from Weedler....

Wont happen. [/
quote]

I like this bit regarding Johns coaching Parra...love ya work mate. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Alex28 said:
This is Todd Carney all over again.

"One more time and we'll sack you"

"Er...one more time from NOW and we'll sack you"

It just goes to show that Parra have no options besides Tim Smith (just like Canberra and Todd Carney) and they'll let him do whatever he wants with weak punishments as a result.

as far as I'm aware, he's in now Queensland getting treatment...I'd say he'd rather be with his mates, so technically thats incorrect.

perverse

Referee
eelavation said:
Marsh's departure meant that we can re-sign Hayne and more than likely INU and also fastrack one of the hottest young hookers going around, Anthony Mitchell.

Marsh will not be as bigger loss as you think.
you could be right, i don't know much about the junior development going on at parra, however i do know that marsh was great for you guys in '07 and didn't get enough credit imo. flashy outside backs are nice to have, but you need substance up the middle and through the spine of the team too (in fact moreso). at the moment timmy smith isnt looking too crash hot.. riddell is a fat turd who will struggle under the 10 interchange rule.. and finch... i'm not even going to go there. burt is all quality though. heres hoping he has a solid - injury free year.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Kudos to Smith for putting himself into rehab (although I seriously doubt he did it himself). Even if parra were to sack him then they can hardly do it without addressing his drinking problem so I reckon they made the right move, time will tell.

Alex28

Coach
Heh...checked himself in to rehab. If it wasn't the club it would have been his Manager.

Parramatta will look incredibly weak if he does it again and they don't sack him...

Bicey_18

Bench
eelavation said:
Bicey_18 said:
Another "Scoop" from Weedler....

Wont happen. [/
quote]

I like this bit regarding Johns coaching Parra...love ya work mate. ;-)

He isnt just coaching Parra so i wasnt fully wrong..

Your reaction shows that you know your club hasnt got a set... werent you one of the ppl who wanted him gone?

Bicey_18

Bench
Alex28 said:
Heh...checked himself in to rehab. If it wasn't the club it would have been his Manager.

Parramatta will look incredibly weak if he does it again and they don't sack him...

Bit late, they already look incredibly weak ;-)

Bicey_18

Bench
I wasnt having a go at Hagan... I was merely pointing out the Drinking culture that Parra have atm and it had a reference to Hagan..

Imagine Tim Smith in Newcastle's east end on a saturday night! Exactly why his signature gets the big no from me. He is the Paul Gascoigne of Australian League. Brilliant yet deeply flawed. Sound familiar?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bicey_18 said:
who's full of sh*t now eela?

As SIH stated..back page of today's paper

we'll give us a link..and when you do i expect to see to see quote from someone at the club expressing that very veiw and then I'll apologise, in the meantime you're still full of it.