What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for a clean out ??

Blair

Coach
I don't think you can expect the team to all of a sudden become world beaters just because Bluey is gone. The season is a write off.

True, but a lot of teams in similar positions get an immediate bounce when they drop a coach. We didn't.

JoeD

First Grade
True, but a lot of teams in similar positions get an immediate bounce when they drop a coach. We didn't.

That's a bit of a myth isn't it? Also there is a big difference between a coach running a team into the ground for 12 rounds and a coach running a team into the ground for 24.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Johns had some very harsh but fair comments on the Warriors today, is he still working with the Warriors halves at all ?

Wow, so it's not about the coach! What now?

So bad I watched the union on the other channel (and with Channel Nine commentary at that).

Bluey had a 3-4 month off season plus 24 rounds to get fitness levels, defensive lines, attacking moves etc to his liking. Iro had 6 days. Hes on a hiding to nothing and has NO TIME to change things

hitro

Juniors
What could you say about the team that's not harsh? There's only some individuals that can get some positivity

Micistm

Bench
Yep, it is time for a total clean out, and a ditching of the jobs for the bros mentality.

Appoint a top coach and CEO from Aussie, and a clean out will follow because much of our dregs they won't want

Blair

Coach
Yep, it is time for a total clean out, and a ditching of the jobs for the bros mentality.

Appoint a top coach and CEO from Aussie, and a clean out will follow because much of our dregs they won't want

The off season will be interesting, at least. Regardless of who comes in and who goes out, I'll be looking for some punishing footage on the sand dunes of West Auckland (no swimming though).

If our (former) rock stars can't hack it then they can always sign up with Adecco and get out to those industrial parks in South Auckland...six am starts, flat and very average rates of pay, no overtime, 12 hour shifts, weekend work, monotony, occasionally being able to go to Mt Smart on a Sunday to see the Warriors. I bet they'd love that?

From the official page...

Where is Ukuma off to? And Penehe?

2qmd7x1.jpg

Aragorn

First Grade
couldnt they have gotten a more senior group of people to share the photo with him? vatuvei, mannering, friend?? I mean why stick the under-performers aound him? doesnt make any sense to me...

Evil_Mush

Juniors
couldnt they have gotten a more senior group of people to share the photo with him? vatuvei, mannering, friend?? I mean why stick the under-performers aound him? doesnt make any sense to me...

Are you saying that Vatuvei, Mannering & Friend should all be leaving the Warriors as well?

/notsureifserious

vvvrulz

Coach
Brown and Maloney don't deserve a send off. f**k them off now and don't play them on Sunday.

Brown yes, but Maloney is one of the few guys that puts in 100% every week. Compare his missed tackles to Johnson's can't be f***d making tackles attitude.

Micistm

Bench
This week will be interesting, from a seeing how the team plays point of view. If they won't pull finger for their coach, their jersey, their Club, their fans, or even self respect...will they lift to give Luck a good send off after his service to the Club?
Will say a lot about the players IMO

Skinner

Coach
This week will be interesting, from a seeing how the team plays point of view. If they won't pull finger for their coach, their jersey, their Club, their fans, or even self respect...will they lift to give Luck a good send off after his service to the Club?
Will say a lot about the players IMO

Mic, I think the weak as piss capitulation on Saturday said it all about the players. Tony Iro has nutured a bunch of those blokes and they wouldn't do it for him.