What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for a tough decision

Jono078

Referee
Lot of decisions have been easy to make this year regarding player selections for Wayne - now we have a difficult one.

Kev Naiqama Vs James McManus

Does McManus deserve to walk back in? He's probably been our most solid and consistent player this season. But Kev is looking just as good and scoring trys that McManus would never score. He is a genuine game breaker with speed to burn. I'm loving our backline so much right now, do we mess with it once McManus is good?

ryana87

Juniors
why fix what isnt broken?

its our form over the last 4-5 weeks and beyond that is gunna get us to the finals (hopefully)

Jono078

Referee
He still hasn't really been tested in defense, but his attack is going as good as any winger in this comp right now.

Rolla

Juniors
Not a tough decision for mine. I think it is rubbish that Jimmy has been our most consistent this year. He has done nothing since about round five that is above an average firstgrade standard. His defence has been nothing special, perhaps poor, he doesn't break tackles, he has made bad blunders. Keep in mind the bloke inside him was leading line break assists for most of the year.

Jimmy is not a good finisher, he doesn't muck about getting the ball over the line, but he also rarely scores tries that require too much work. He wouldn't have scored any of Kevs tries this year or many of Aku's.

Jimmy is a firstgrader, sure, but nothing more. Kev could be much more, and already offers more than Jimmy by a fair way IMO.

If we hold someone with Kev's potential back for good dummy half runs (kev has been good out of our end and busy too) i will be very disappointed. Heart makes you a fan favourite but it can't always make you good enough.

For mine it should be Kevs spot to lose. If he keeps this up he should have the spot with ease. If he can't keep it up it gets close.

Spot On

Coach
I said last week that Jimmy won't get a start over Kev next season.

Kurt Gidley should never play in the halves whilst Roberts and Mullen are fit and in form. I can't see where he plays next year other than the bench, which is where many of us saw him playing this season with Boyd on board.

A beautiful situation to be in really. Depth is looking very good already in under a season with Bennett.

How good was McKinnon today as well! He will be a great player if he keeps improving over the next few seasons under Bennett. EVen Tets looked great today.

doggone

Juniors
The next couple of rounds will show how the team is going a tough time ahead. The team is on a roll at the moment I don' t think it matters who plays, because it all goes down to the halves, that are actually, gelling, and the forwards are pushing up. .

EdLondon

Juniors
As hard as it would be for Gidley to take I think having him on the bench would be great for the Knights. Probably his best position.

RABK

Referee
Kev will be resigned. There is room for both as there will always be injuries and rep duties. When we got all 6 (Boyd, Jimmy, Kev, Tahu, Gagai, Aku) fit and available it'll come down to form and the need to rest niggling injuries.

Kev in his current form is impossible to drop though.

Jono078

Referee
That sucks. If this is the real Kev Naiqama playing id love him to stay on board.

Then again if we did a Wes on us id be dirty as hell :lol:

RABK

Referee
Nah off-contract, looking to re-sign though: http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...n-naiqama-wants-new-knights-deal/2634500.aspx

Other clubs throw cash at him after today though and it gets more expensive for us.

Not really mate. Good word is he has got no interest to go elsewhere. Apparently he is even more shy than Aku and he adores Bennett. I'm sure he'll get a fair contract that reflects his inexperience yet potential that doesn't break the bamk for us.

Spot On

Coach
The next couple of rounds will show how the team is going a tough time ahead. The team is on a roll at the moment I don' t think it matters who plays, because it all goes down to the halves, that are actually, gelling, and the forwards are pushing up. .

Boyd's presence and skill in the attacking structures on both sides in the attacking zone has been monumental. As has Gagai's arrival and subsequent return to form by Aku. Having his arse kicked out of Origin has been a godsend.

Many thought we would miss Snowden. We've played monster packs (Souths, Manly, Warriors, Canberra) and only looked outclassed by Souths. We didn't play that well against them however that day. Snowy needs to pull his finger out when he gets back and find some form straight away.

Playing like a team does wonders for form. At the moment they are genuinely playing well as a team, all doing their job.

Mullo's kicking has controlled the tempo of most of the games we have won recently. Hats off to him.

Special mention to Alex McKinnon today who I thought was very good. Massive improvement left in him too.

Jono078

Referee
3 Line Break Assists for McKinnon, most by a player today.

We had 11 linebreaks all up as well.

Seage

Juniors
The McManus knockers yet again come flying out of the woodwork. Memories of goldfish, the lot of you. Has been right up there as one of best players this year. If you don't think that, you've been watching the wrong games.

Jimmy will come back once again and show what a good player he is. Don't get me wrong, Kev is going gangbusters, but it is disgraceful how quickly Jim's work and polish gets forgotten once you're presented with something new and shiny.

Johns Magic

Referee
Not really mate. Good word is he has got no interest to go elsewhere. Apparently he is even more shy than Aku and he adores Bennett. I'm sure he'll get a fair contract that reflects his inexperience yet potential that doesn't break the bamk for us.

I'm sure he hasn't got much interest at the moment. My point was though that after doing what he did today on the big stage that could change.

I don't think he'll break the bank at all, I'm just hoping he doesn't add another 20-40K to his pricetag because of the last month.

RABK

Referee
3 Line Break Assists for McKinnon, most by a player today.

We had 11 linebreaks all up as well.

Interestingly i think we had 7 or 8 of those in the first half and scored 12 points and got only 3 or 4 of them in the second half and scored 24 points. We really could have put a score on with a bit more polish on that first half.

Latest posts