What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Campbelltown to go

oro

Juniors
westie said:
Have fun supporting Ryde Eastwood next year Tugger.

Many Tigers supporters already do! The club is in the Balmain junior district and has more relevance than a trip to Campbelltown.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
westie said:

?????

They will still be called Balmain Tigers, Have the same Jersey, Play out of the same home ground - the only main difference will be Ryde Eastwood will be paying for it ;-)

I bet there are a few worried people over at Wests at the moment because Ryde Eastwoods are starting to make their intentions clear and we are helping them because plain and simply Wests made their intentions clear to us and well since they are for themselves and not for the JV Balmain are now looking more long term and it won't be involving Wests thats for sure!!!!

innsaneink

Referee
Mighty Tiger said:
westie said:

?????

They will still be called Balmain Tigers, Have the same Jersey, Play out of the same home ground - the only main difference will be Ryde Eastwood will be paying for it ;-)

I bet there are a few worried people over at Wests at the moment because Ryde Eastwoods are starting to make their intentions clear and we are helping them because plain and simply Wests made their intentions clear to us and well since they are for themselves and not for the JV Balmain are now looking more long term and it won't be involving Wests thats for sure!!!!

Isnt is Balmain-Ryde eastwood tigers?

What intentions?

tigger

Juniors
I think Western Suburbs will be shown the door by Balmain and RE will step in as our Sugar Daddy ;-)

westie

Bench
Yes I can see it now. Balmain, with the backing of the super club ryde eastwood, take over the world. :lol: Im sure Wests are shitting themselves :lol:

# 8

Juniors
westie said:
Yes I can see it now. Balmain, with the backing of the super club ryde eastwood, take over the world. :lol: Im sure Wests are shitting themselves :lol:
bye bye magpies.

tigger

Juniors
Westie, I fail to see how you are able to comment on anything, you haven't even complete year 9 commerce! In fact, i am sure you don't understand anything more complex than an egg & spoon race.

NZ Magpie

Juniors
Hey Tugger, were you at the game last Sunday... The crowd were yelling that someone was a Wanker... I immediately thought of you... I was hoping the Magpie would go over and crap on you... So were all the supporters around me...

Mighty Tiger

Bench
westie said:

If they could afford the paper to clean the mess up they would be!!

westie

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
westie said:

If they could afford the paper to clean the mess up they would be!!

Phil, which club do you think has a greater cash flow? RE or Wests Ashfeild. Oh, and add Cambo's dosh to that as well. My local club is leagues above RE and Rozelle.

tigger

Juniors
Not sure exactly what the figure is, but 12-18 months ago, Wests Ashfield owed the NAB something like $19,000,000 or $45,000,000 (i know they are completely different figures, so lets work off the lower one). A $19,000,000 debt at say 5% interest is a $950,000 in interest alone let alone the repayment amount. Considering the new pokies tax, you are in a lot more trouble than you think.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
westie said:
Phil, which club do you think has a greater cash flow? RE or Wests Ashfeild. Oh, and add Cambo's dosh to that as well. My local club is leagues above RE and Rozelle.

If I had to choose a club to back an NRL club out of the 4 you mentioned I would take RE over all the other 3, and do you really think your local club is leagues above RE ???? :lol: :lol:

yappy

Bench
His local club is Revesby Workers so yes.

Wests Ashfield last financial report had a profit of just a tick over $5mil before depreciation (much related to the old demolished premises - $4mil), borrowing cost (mostly interest - $1.5mil) and football ($1.3mil). A more than handy result and the interest and footy costs are more than covered.

Total interest bearing liabilities (both current and non-current) totalled about $23mil. That would be a bit of a problem if it weren't for the deal Wests have done to get the stage 2 club built. The deal involves the developer doing a block of apartments above stage 2 as well as some other developments on land the club owns. I think there were some delays (always are on a large project) but I haven't heard anything indicating it isn't going ahead. The structure of the deal means almost all of the debt carried for stage 1 will be wiped from the proceeds of the development. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't think I'll be wringing my hands just yet Mighty. 8)

tigger

Juniors
Who in their right mind would buy an apartment in Ashfield next to a League Club!!??? Another supporting case to the fact that there is one born every minute!!!

Anyway, this is from www.releagues.com.au :
Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club is the premier entertainment and leisure centre of the region. With over 37,000 members we pride ourselves in meeting the needs of our local community, with excellence in service and facilities at competitive prices

37,000 is a lot of members ;-)

Latest posts