What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for some entertainment...

forward pass

Coach
Sitting at the game on Saturday night, it occurred to me how lame our club is in providing entertainment before games and at halftime.

Can't the club come up with anything more imaginative than getting kids to play footy for us. I mean thats fun and all but seriously every game????

That is such an easy option for the club and isn't it time they used their brains and come up with a few more interesting things. I mean even when they had fieldgoal kicking competitions and stuff, well that was pretty cool and made a change from the usual.

I don't expect extravaganzas every game - but please come up with something...anything! Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Marching band they had at the bulldogs game was about the only different thing they have done all year.

What do others think?(*waits for MITS to defend the club*). I guess the cheerlgirls at halftime is sort of okay but they allow 20 minutes betwen games and then do nothing but have kids be made a spectacle of !

fish eel

Immortal
forward pass said:
What do others think?(*waits for MITS to defend the club*). I guess the cheerlgirls at halftime is sort of okay but they allow 20 minutes betwen games and then do nothing but have kids be made a spectacle of !

I think we do OK considering we dont make money when we play at home, are getting squeezed at the leagues club because of the smoking ban and the pokies. There's also insurance implications for having entertainment. I think it's goods to have the cheersquad and let the kids have a run. :sarcasm:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
How about old Dennis going out in a Sumo type get up and Fans throw 20 cent pieces at him?

My Natural Instincts would be, that you want to get every club in the Parramatta District to play once a year at Parramatta Stadium wouldn't you???

12 Home games, x 6 Teams = 72 Clubs (Catholic Schools and Football Clubs) all get to play and have a run.

Kids get to run into the same Stadium as their Hero's, might even inspire a few of them to greater heights.

If you see that as defending the club. That is up to you.

Hurriflatch

Referee
yep, insurance costs have ruled out a lot of the entertainment that used to go on.

and Mr Angry it would be more effective if Dennis wore a Jamie Lyon suit

What are you talking about?

Those four individual flag carriers, namely:

"E",

"E",

"L"

and

. . .

"S"

are a revolution in entertainment!!!!

As if it couldn't get any better after the Subway mascot: "Whammmo!" out of nowhere these vaudevillian superstars appear

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mr Angry it would be more effective if Dennis wore a Jamie Lyon suit

:lol:

to true, I can see many a parra fan collecting every 20 cent piece they can for the occassion.

fish eel

Immortal
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:
What are you talking about?

Those four individual flag carriers, namely:

"E",

"E",

"L"

and

. . .

"S"

are a revolution in entertainment!!!!

As if it couldn't get any better after the Subway mascot: "Whammmo!" out of nowhere these vaudevillian superstars appear

Seriously though, on those flags. A lot of eurpopean football sides to the flag thing on the field before the game....but I mean the REALLY do. It genuinly looks spectaculr, and with the music playing, you're left in no doubt who the home side is.

Problem with our flags are, they're blue and gold, when clearly, to be identified as Parramatta, they need more white!!!

fish eel said:
Seriously though, on those flags. A lot of eurpopean football sides to the flag thing on the field before the game....but I mean the REALLY do. It genuinly looks spectaculr, and with the music playing, you're left in no doubt who the home side is.

Problem with our flags are, they're blue and gold, when clearly, to be identified as Parramatta, they need more white!!!

The first time I saw them was the Bulldogs home game and "S" couldn't keep up with the rest of them - on visits since, they seem to have rectified this issue.

fish eel

Immortal
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:
The first time I saw them was the Bulldogs home game and "S" couldn't keep up with the rest of them - on visits since, they seem to have rectified this issue.

How?

Have the tied a rope so S now gets dragged along? :lol:

forward pass

Coach
If its an insurance issue, why doesn't it affect the Sharks for example. They have had huge numbers of dancers doing halftime routines. I think one of the matches on Friday night had something too.

Maybe I'm being too picky - but if its an insurance issue then I can't see how they would allow our current cheerleaders to form pyramids and fall backwards and get thrown in the air??????

Hurriflatch

Referee
because they are performers not plebs picked out of the crowd

insurance is different for a trained performer and just some slob

fish eel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
because they are performers not plebs picked out of the crowd

insurance is different for a trained performer and just some slob

I've actually had the privalege of being picked out of the crowd once. In 2000. So obviously I'm no slob, but a trained performer. :cool:

sooperdooper

First Grade
steal the good old sydney kings one...they do the shot from free throw, 3 point, half way...
with the pprizes getting bigger.
I am sure we could do a conversion from 10, 15, 20 right?
or the drop goal etc...

Captain BF

Juniors
My opinion is that i am there to watch the footy... anything else is a bonus, but not a necessity. You can see that most kids and there parents get a kick out of seeing the kids on the ground.
If there was going to be "entertainment", i reckon they could have bands playing in the breaks. They could put one at each game and have them set up in one of the disabled sections at the ends and run the music through the grounds P.A.
They could also bring back gigs at the leagues club after the games. I went to a couple of Screaming Jets gigs as well as a Superjesus gig after games. Not sure if the club made much money at those gigs though...

forward pass

Coach
Fair dinkum, if kicking a field goal on the field is considered risky for insurance purposes then FMD I give up. Lets all stay in bed and never leave our rooms. OR is that too f**ken dangerous too !!

This insurance crap is just an excuse !!!

forward pass

Coach
sooperdooper said:
steal the good old sydney kings one...they do the shot from free throw, 3 point, half way...
with the pprizes getting bigger.
I am sure we could do a conversion from 10, 15, 20 right?
or the drop goal etc...

Nah - too dangerous apparently !!:roll:

Captain BF

Juniors
They could bring back catching bombs.... There was nothing funnier than seeing some poor schlub try to catch a ball swirling in the breeze and see the either fall on there butt or seeing the ball hit them fair in the face.... funny stuff....

They have done the kick at goal thing before. That was good for a laugh too!