What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for some humble pie Peachey detractors

Nullajet

Juniors
Generalzod said:
Maybe you should go at play and show us how it's really done.....

Zod, that is pretty lame. Everyone on the forum has a go at the form or ability of a player, but I dont think anyone suggests or believes they could do a better job than the blokes actually out there playing in the NRL.... sheesh

Some of you should take your "Fluffy" Peachey glasses off and take in a dose of reality.

All this crap that he was MOM against Canberra. Dally M Points Awarded 0.

MOM against Brisbane? Dally M Points 0.

In fact they thought at least 3 other Souths players played better than him!

"Fluffy Wuffy Peachey Preachers!"

Macca

Coach
Racist? There is nothing racist there.

I disagree with you DS. Peachey is playing well. I don't want to draw comparisons the Simmo though, they play differently.

The Peach is relishing having the ball in his hands, I don't hink he would get that here with Noddy and Dykesy in the side.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
That's a good Simmo defence. Covers everything.

Don't compare him to players who "play differently" :lol:

Well being as though Simmo plays differently to EVERY other fullback we won't have to see comparisons of him to any good ones now.

Macca

Coach
No you can compare Simmo to any fullback that plays more of a running style rather than a ball playing style.

The Dodger

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
Racist carrnntt!!!

this is becoming abit boring now reefy....

peachey played well on saturday but he was no way the best player on the team that night.
nathan merritt had a better game.

peachey was great in defence i must admit.

Sutho_Sharks said:
you cant really directly compare Peachey and Simmons... both have different styles which are EMPLOYED in their teams for different purposes. Peachey plays more of a playmaking role at fullback..... Simmons plays a support role. And thats all we need, we dont need another playmaker on top of Dykes/Kearney and Kimmorley.... we just need someone with SOME pace to hit the gaps and provide support when needed! With Peachey we didnt have this and it significantly reduced our attacking ability all over the park... particularly midfield.

very well said. different playing styles, both who are best suited to the teams they are currently at.

Frenzy. said:
Not because he made glaring erros that even nuffies can see like dropped ball or missed tackles

thats a bit over-dramatising there isnt it frenz?

the only people that were glaring were you and other anti-simmo parties like reefy.

im not saying simmo had a great game, but he didnt have a bad game either. same goes for peachey, he didnt have a great game (like the one he had against the raiders) but he didnt have a bad game either.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dragon Slayer said:
Oh FFS!

What did he do????????????

He was playing against the Broncos Premier League side!!!

He was out of position for most of the night.
That's why he had to dive and defuse a couple of tight situations when if he was in correct positioning it would've been a routine clean up.

There was a bad mis tackle that led to a Broncos try.

He ran towards the sideline in slippery conditions and slid out of play on TACKLE 1 !! But was lucky that the ref ruled there was no advantage from the Broncos knock on and got a reprieve.

Got dragged across the sideline again by two defenders but was lucky the ref called held in a nick of time before his skin and bones were tossed like rubbish for a clean up.

Made little metres again!!

Dropped a couple of balls at vital times.

Got pushed back in tackles.

And this against the Broncos Premier League side!

He's been average against a team coming 4th last (in which he was responsible for the three tries conceded.

And he was adequate against a Broncos Premier League side.

Woopey Do!

A lot of people getting fluffy wuffy for Peachey Weachey......
I am not one to jump on commentators bandwagons, but i feel it would be lazy of me notto quote some stuff on peach this afternoon, ABC RAdio pre-game.
Despite not getting the Dally m points, peach got the points where it mattered most.
Shaun Mcrae. Mcrae added that peach set up at least 2 tries & saved at least 2. That is a positive of approx 24 points.
Mcrae lauded teh signing of Peachy & was estatic with his performances & professionlism. thought that souths should have taken the points against canberra & deserved them. He then added that peach single handedly would have been credited with the win. Talk then crossed between the panelists which included warren ryan. They all were extremely high in praise of David Peachy & called him the x factor that souths needed & sombody that cannot do without, if they are to win more games. His presence alone on the football field is enough to take pressure of the rest of the team. He is their extra dimension with his kicking game, cleaning up at the back, which they all agreed was exceptional on Saturday night & that his positioning, in covering in the defensive line(where he saved 2 tries) & then pre-empting the kicks to get out of that line & clean up, was exceptional. Ryan & Mcrae agreed that the confidence in the Souths team has grown astronomically having peach at the back. They know they are in safe hands.
The over all feeling from the 5-10 minutes on Souths, which 5 minutes was all peach related, was how important the signing of david peachy has been for Souths.
So that is all the panel, including warren Ryan, The Coach & all of the media now, which has nothing but praise for the great man, his form & his professionalism.
Then you come on here, & find a racist dikwad like DS, sprouting this stuff. The only negatives about the great man, to be found anywhere.
For the record, our current fullback, the 17 best in the comp, will be changing his ranking next year after a solid year this year.
Thats right, with the introduction of the Titans, & peach back in the NRL, its hello, 18th best fullback in the NRL.
Steve Turner, Wade Mckinnon, David peachey, Mad Dog, Luke Dog all available & what do the Sharks do?
Waste 60 games on simmon instead of just buying a ready made one. A better one.

blacktip-reefy said:
I am not one to jump on commentators bandwagons, but i feel it would be lazy of me notto quote some stuff on peach this afternoon, ABC RAdio pre-game.
Despite not getting the Dally m points, peach got the points where it mattered most.
Shaun Mcrae. Mcrae added that peach set up at least 2 tries & saved at least 2. That is a positive of approx 24 points.
Mcrae lauded teh signing of Peachy & was estatic with his performances & professionlism. thought that souths should have taken the points against canberra & deserved them. He then added that peach single handedly would have been credited with the win. Talk then crossed between the panelists which included warren ryan. They all were extremely high in praise of David Peachy & called him the x factor that souths needed & sombody that cannot do without, if they are to win more games. His presence alone on the football field is enough to take pressure of the rest of the team. He is their extra dimension with his kicking game, cleaning up at the back, which they all agreed was exceptional on Saturday night & that his positioning, in covering in the defensive line(where he saved 2 tries) & then pre-empting the kicks to get out of that line & clean up, was exceptional. Ryan & Mcrae agreed that the confidence in the Souths team has grown astronomically having peach at the back. They know they are in safe hands.
The over all feeling from the 5-10 minutes on Souths, which 5 minutes was all peach related, was how important the signing of david peachy has been for Souths.
So that is all the panel, including warren Ryan, The Coach & all of the media now, which has nothing but praise for the great man, his form & his professionalism.
Then you come on here, & find a racist dikwad like DS, sprouting this stuff. The only negatives about the great man, to be found anywhere.
For the record, our current fullback, the 17 best in the comp, will be changing his ranking next year after a solid year this year.
Thats right, with the introduction of the Titans, & peach back in the NRL, its hello, 18th best fullback in the NRL.
Steve Turner, Wade Mckinnon, David peachey, Mad Dog, Luke Dog all available & what do the Sharks do?
Waste 60 games on simmon instead of just buying a ready made one. A better one.

ABC Radio?

I'm privledged to have found their listener.

Start listening to commercial radio and they'll inform you that there is 15 clubs this year and 16 next year!

:lol:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Lockyer you goose.
Also Inglis, Slater.
Get it?

And it it surprises me not, that you would listen to hadlee before a coach.

f**k you are a tool

Shark

Bench
millersnose said:
i wonder how he will go against a proper nrl team...

And the Raiders aren't one of your 'proper' teams, half-wit? Reefy certainly rates them, I'm surprised you haven't jumped on their bandwagon.

He nearly stole that game a week ago against the odds.

And before you say 'The Broncs weren't really the Broncs because of Origin and injury, etc', I might remind you that they had Brad Thorn and Shane Webke playing. Hardly a team of 'nuffies'.

millersnose

Post Whore
Shark said:
And the Raiders aren't one of your 'proper' teams, half-wit?

no they are an 'also ran'

Reefy certainly rates them

woopty do

, I'm surprised you haven't jumped on their bandwagon.

why would i jump on the raiders bandwagon?

He nearly stole that game a week ago against the odds.

"nearly"

lol

And before you say 'The Broncs weren't really the Broncs because of Origin and injury, etc', I might remind you that they had Brad Thorn and Shane Webke playing. Hardly a team of 'nuffies'.

ok then...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
fair?
Are you crazy?
he is one of the best fullbacks any club has ever had.
Imagine if he hadnt been at the Sharks & instead had been a bulldog? A raider?
A sea Eagle?
f**ken hell he'd have had a bout 3 premiership rings if he hadnt stayed loyal to cronulla.
The calder sac club.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well yes.
I was young when Simmsy played so ahrd to compare, but footage shows he was better than a lot of other players on the field, which is really the only guide when comparing eras now.
Although the little fella would be up there too.