What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for some humble pie Peachey detractors

Nullajet

Juniors
I doubt very much that Peach would be the best fullback they have ever had.

1. Because he isnt playing at his peek at Souths.....thise days were with us!
& 2. Churchill was a bunny and by all accounts a huge legend...

But Peach would have to be the best the sharks have had......IMO

Frenzy.

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
Well yes.
I was young when Simmsy played so ahrd to compare, but footage shows he was better than a lot of other players on the field, which is really the only guide when comparing eras now.
Although the little fella would be up there too.

Well even across eras Peach would eat Ecca up. Ecca was slooooowww. Renowned for it, but he was good enough with the boot to lead to field goals only being worth a point. He used to win games for the rabbits with his kicking, often getting 2 or 3 2 point field goals in a game. An "honest" player was Ecca but not a star.

Who remembers Lummy? He could play. He couldn't keep the weight off though. Too many hours in the Cauliflower.

pogo

Juniors
that was a great era.

kevin longbottom , a bloke that shape will never be an nrl fullback , but he could certainly play.

Quigs

Immortal
Frenzy. said:
Who remembers Lummy? He could play. He couldn't keep the weight off though. Too many hours in the Cauliflower.

0-top5.jpg

Ahhh Big Kev could really toe poke the long shots. I remember the days when Ekka got to kick em from anywhere inside approx 40 yards and Longbottom had the long range duties... seen him kick a couple from inside his own half. And that was with the old leather lace up balls.

Didnt particularly like that thing called training.

Cheers
Quigs

Davo25

Juniors
Looking at yesterdays paper, and no Dalley M's awarded to the Peach.
"Please Explain?"
Must mean someone without Peachy Glasses,voted!

Nullajet

Juniors
Because we all know the Dally M's are the absolute true indicators of a player's game, don't we?

There were other bunnies who played well, but I think any fool should have been able to see that without Peach the game could have been a lot closer!!

He saved about 3 tries and set up 2...

Macca

Coach
I didn't see the game, only caught the highlights. Can someone tell me why the Peach missed out on the Dally M points?

Since 73

First Grade
Peach and simmo would probably laugh if they glimpsed the vitriol spewing here about comparisons between them.
They both seem like decent blokes and play the game, enjoy it and go home. No egos, no drama and no headlines for the wrong reasons.

But for goodness sake don't use the form of Peach in his twilight years as a yardstick for the type of player he was.
We have never had a better fullback.
Even the great ET moved to the centres to accomodate him.

The 1990's memories of the sheer wizardry between Peach, Rat and Richie Barnett at the back as they combined with ET and Dykes are still burning bright.

No deriding of Simmo when I say he can't reproduce the Peach at his best. He simply doesn't possess the skills or freakish ability to do what was on offer every week as Peach was involved in try assists week after week after week.

Davo25

Juniors
Since 73 said:
Peach and simmo would probably laugh if they glimpsed the vitriol spewing here about comparisons between them.
They both seem like decent blokes and play the game, enjoy it and go home. No egos, no drama and no headlines for the wrong reasons.

But for goodness sake don't use the form of Peach in his twilight years as a yardstick for the type of player he was.

The 1990's memories of the sheer wizardry between Peach, Rat and Richie Barnett at the back as they combined with ET and Dykes are still burning bright.

No deriding of Simmo when I say he can't reproduce the Peach at his best. He simply doesn't possess the skills or freakish ability to do what was on offer every week as Peach was involved in try assists week after week after week.

Memories
and there is you answer.

Peach didn't get a point in the Dalley M's last week!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
couldnt give a f*ck if he got the dally m's or not.
His coach said he was there best & so did their players.
2 weeks in a row.

U can f*ck off now davo.

Davo25

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
couldnt give a f*ck if he got the dally m's or not.
His coach said he was there best & so did their players.
2 weeks in a row.

U can f*ck off now davo.

OK, bwana!

Don't let facts get in your way.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Do you care Davo about Dally m's?
Do you care about Representative selection?
Do you care about success in finals games(losses v victories)

Tell us your thoughts mighty man!

Watching the Peach run around in the red and green takes me back to '83 when i was in Highschool, i'd go to Jubliee and watch Sludge play, even though i hate the Stains, and i mean hate,hate, vomit.Even when he came back from injury and played 3rd grade and got injured in the last few minutes i was still cheering him, same as i'd do the Peach.
I've now watched two Souths games this year, thats two more than i thought i would, and it was only to watch The Peach.
The biggest difference between Simmo and Peach is that Peach has the Factor, Sludge had the Factor too. Simmo may turn out to be a decent footballer in the future, but he'll never have the Factor.
Maybe Peach didnt fit into the coaches plans this year but at least he still gets to show what he's got, and i for one am grateful for that.

ty.

Davo25

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Do you care Davo about Dally m's?
Do you care about Representative selection?
Do you care about success in finals games(losses v victories)

Tell us your thoughts mighty man!

I stated that Peachey got NO, None, zippo, narda, nill, ZERO, points in the Dalley M's. The person that gave them doesn't have '"Peachey" glasses on, apparentley.

I suggest you argue your point with them.
Don't shoot the messenger!

Nullajet

Juniors
where are these Peachy glasses sold? There are a number of people who seem to have misplaced theirs and accidently grabbed the Simmo goggles instead!!!

:))

sharknows

Bench
Since 73 said:

Well said - that is the most sensible comment put up here a long time.

dannyboy

Juniors
Since 73 said:

Oh pleeeaaassse....hands off it fellas

Yes Peach was good but so too was Docking, Mullane, Bourke. ET was too fresh & young when he was fullback & once he bulked up a little was much more a centre anyhow.

Cronulla has had some okay fullbacks (it is afterall a noticeable position) but never great ones in the mould of Wombat, Changa, Jack, Mullins at the Raiders, Lockyer, Ridge - all leave Peach in their shadows.

Peach is shining for the Bunnies but its easy to be noticed when the rest of the team is playing like a C-Grade outfit...Mad Dog & Peach are a class above the rest of the Bunnies team but would be much more obscure in any of the current top 8.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
dannyboy said:
Cronulla has had some okay fullbacks (it is afterall a noticeable position) but never great ones in the mould of Wombat, Changa, Jack, Mullins at the Raiders, Lockyer, Ridge - all leave Peach in their shadows.
Well that is not what Wombat thinks. he rates Peach as one of the best ever.
Gary jack? Good tackler in a defensive era.
Ridge? FFS!!!

Mullins may have been better than peach, but lets have a close look at that backline & figure how peach would have gone in that hey?
Stuart, Daley, meninga, Ferguson, Belcher, Croker, amongst others.
That is 4 players who played over 20 origins & 20 tests each. under different coaches & selectors.

leave peach in their shadow, FFS what a stupid f*cken thing to say.