What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Wicks to step down....

knights_86

Juniors
wicks has been very ordinary- doesnt do near enough work. he shouldnt be starting. he was good off the bench earlier in the year as impact. i would drop him back to the bench and if he doesnt improve drop him to nsw cup.

8. royal
10. cross

15. tolar
16. faaso/ wicks

roopy

Referee
ALL THE WICKSY HATE!! :(:(:(

C'mon mate prove these people wrong!
find anthony tupou's trainer for him i reckon.
Tupou was a 120kg 'impact' player when he was in our Flegg side. He could turn a game of Flegg on it's ear in 10 minutes - which was handy because 10 minutes was all he had in him.
Rip 20kg off Wicks and he would play for Australia too.

Hanscholo

Bench
He struggles with his lateral movement, something which gets targeted a lot. He is much better off the bench imo, as an impact player. I can see why Smith is picking him in the run on side, he wants to develop that bench impact into something more, and im supportive of his efforts to do that. If Danny wants to work at it and applys himself then i think he has a good chance of being something more, if not then we have the depth to cover it.

perverse

Referee
lol.. jesus. from hero to villian in the space of a few weeks. he needs to go back to the bench as an impact forward with fa'aoso. when they both came on they had immediate impact on our go forward and enthusiasm earlier in the year. that is the role he was bought for.

8. Cross
10. Royal
11. Taia
12. Paterson
13. Simpson

14. Wicks
15. Fa'aoso
16. Houston
17. Hilder

that would be my forward pack. tolar unlucky to miss out.

antonius

Coach
Seriously look at his performances since he arrived here. He hasn't stood out at all in relation to ability. He is slow, can't move sideways (check his effort when Tigers scored their first yesterday) he has absolutely no impact when taking the ball up. He basically bludges when he's on field. He is way overweight, I watch him and think he's going to have a heart attack he looks so unfit. No way does he deserve to be in the starting 17 above guys like Tolar, there is no comparison between him and Tolar, Tolar wins hands down.

antonius

Coach
After last nights game I reckon Wicks would struggle in the local comp. He is deadset useless. He takes the ball up like a feather duster. If Smith wants a big guy off the bench then Matt White must be wondering what he has to do. Someone said the other day we paid good money for this bloke, if that's the case we were robbed. After hearing him recently on local radio he's only good for comedy value.

Whats Doing

Bench
Wicks has certainly lost form over the last few weeks. He really needs to lose 8 to 10 kgs to be play consistently well.

strewth_mate

Bench
Spaces not faces, indeed :lol: Perhaps all he needs to do then is work on filling the spaces? Give him the Hungry Jacks sponsorship.

darkness

Juniors
OK Now EVERYBODY WHO WAS SCREAMING THAT WICKS SHOULD BE THE KNIGHTS STARTING PROP AND NOT COME OFF THE BENCH, PLEASE STAND UP AND RAISE YOUR HANDS..........................THANK YOU THAT WILL BE ALL.:sarcasm:

Pika

Bench
I am with you darkness.

There were a lot of people calling for either Tolar or Jess to be dropped to make way for Wicks after round 2.

I would go back to Tolar and Jess in a heart beat.

antonius

Coach
I am with you darkness.

There were a lot of people calling for either Tolar or Jess to be dropped to make way for Wicks after round 2.

I would go back to Tolar and Jess in a heart beat.
Hopefully Tolar is fit this week. Matt White was killing it in reserves how's he been going recently?

Pika

Bench
Tolar is fit.

His form has been good in PL, and he is the type of player to simply carry the same form to NRL and make it work.

Serc

First Grade
Done enough tonight (just) to keep his place. Lets hope we see the same improvement next week!

Jono078

Referee
How good was his 50 metre kick return :D

Besides that early on he played an awful ball and still isnt defending great.

He is a liability until he fixes up his weight and mobility, has to lose 10kg IMO.