What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to fight AFL (60 Minutes)

Cheezel

Juniors
Just watched 60 minutes in what was a very biased report in favour of AFL. Well I say if AFL want war lets give them war!!!! I am going to boycott anything to do with the AFL and death ride to the game to any body that wants to hear.

If they want war they got one:x

Wouldn't be the first time they've paid for positive media coverage.

AFL gets nothing from me and will never get anything from me but scorn.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Turf War

Sunday, May 25, 2008
footy_art.jpg

Reporter: Peter Overton
Producer: Damien Comerford and Nick Greenaway

It's war!
The Titans of Australian sport are at it hammer and tongs - fighting for new territory, new fans.
The first shots were fired by the AFL when the Swans invaded Sydney.
Then rugby league retaliated, sending the Storm troopers into Melbourne.
Mere skirmishes. Now it's getting serious.
Aussie Rules has its sights on the rugby league heartland, launching new teams in western Sydney and on the Gold Coast.
And the stakes are astronomical with millions and millions of dollars in revenue up for grabs.
So, stand by for the mother of all battles for the hearts, minds and pockets of Australian footy fans.
Full transcript arrives Monday

gregstar

Referee
just head into tfc.

easy way to warm up.

i personally would be happy to see anyone related to AFL excoriated.

it is an abomination that insults the human race. our nation should be embarrassed to be the home of such a geniused "sport".

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Very unbalanced reporting toward AFL. But what's new when it comes down to media stooges reporting on that terrible steaming sh*tpile of a sport.

RL has had death wished upon it by numerous factions since the day it was born and its still alive and kicking 100 years later. They (the AFL) want a war, but they are taking on a seasoned veteran of a sport that always rises.

camsmith

Juniors
Enough of this "war" rubbish. Save that kind of speak for real war.

On the report it was biased to the AFL in a way, but it only reflects the situation imo. I still think the AFL is deluded in thinking a 2nd AFL team in Sydney would work. There's no doubt the AFL is becoming popular in Sydney but there is a long way to go before a second team is sustainable.

Can't we all just get along? I love the AFL and the NRL. Surely both can co-exist.

Ziggy the God

First Grade

On the report it was biased to the AFL in a way, but it only reflects the situation imo. I still think the AFL is deluded in thinking a 2nd AFL team in Sydney would work. There's no doubt the AFL is becoming popular in Sydney but there is a long way to go before a second team is sustainable.

Can't we all just get along? I love the AFL and the NRLan co-exist.

They don't wan't to co-exist.

It all sounds like a concerted, and probably a costly, push by the AFL.

FFS, the Telegraph editorial yesterday said something stupid like the Swans had been highly successful in infiltrating Sydney.

34k per fortinght and scratching to find 100k on Tv is hardly highly successful. Simple bullsh*t printed in order to convince people who don't know better than AFL is more popular than it actually is.

It's time we started to take the TFC attitude to the masses.....

Just watched 60 minutes in what was a very biased report in favour of AFL. Well I say if AFL want war lets give them war!!!! I am going to boycott anything to do with the AFL and death ride to the game to any body that wants to hear.

If they want war they got one:x

what took you so long.

ive been death riding them for years.

Can't we all just get along? I love the AFL and the NRL. Surely both can co-exist.

nice person.

Feej

First Grade
Great to see channel nine really supporting rugby league. You know, being the "station for league" and all......

camsmith

Juniors
And btw, those above saying how sh*t AFL is.. If it was sh*t it wouldn't be a success anywhere other than Victoria. I think some of you are feeling threatened therefore come out swinging with all the attacks.

beave

Coach
i can't wait for them to waste a c*ntload of $$$$$$$ on the GC and WS, all for no fruition. They are too late with the GC and WS will not embrace the $hit code.

In all honesty, it was a tripe segment. Mark Geyer was interviewed for f$%ks sake, enough said.

f**k AFL.

when the swans and the lions have financial troubles again, ill be hoping they go broke.

the AFL thinks their sport has become successful in queensland and nsw because of the spectacle.

prior to the SL war it was a joke and is quickly going back that way.

100,000 in either brisbane or sydney to watch the local AFL team is a joke.

innsaneink

Referee
Not many dads in those Maroubra saints Jnr AFL crowd shots.
Cant blame em...I'd have pissed off too.

camsmith

Juniors
They don't wan't to co-exist.

It is the job of any sport to strive for success. Of course the AFL want to be the best sport in Australia, as do the NRL.

But that healthy competition can only be good for both sports, surely?

I think the attitudes of some RL supporters sum the situation up perfectly. AFL on top at the moment and instead of trying to improve the NRL, RL supporters just have cheap digs at the AFL.

Cheezel

Juniors

Sorry Champ! no pollitical correctness on this Forum!!!

This is war and AFL is the enemy. If you like both sports that's fine, but I am sick to death of the AFL blowing their horn and trying to death ride RL at every corner. League hits a little bit of trouble and the AFL thing pops up again and its all doom and gloom for league. What a load of rubbish! If I was the AFL I would be more worried about the Lions who seem to be losing members and supporters another League team up there would be another uppercut to the AFL Global expansion plan :lol:

What a bullsh:t report. Peter Overton should hang his head in shame. That story had one aim and one aim only, to paint a picture of AFL dominating RL in every way. What a joke that this comes from Channel 9 too. I hope a big wig at that network has a few things to say to the program's producers etc. A f**k:ing disgrace.